+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Family Reunion - Spouse

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Her Permit expires on August 2022.
Thanks for the info..
Good luck. Not sure why you didn’t apply along with her study permit as now you need written authorization and need to prove essential travel since you didn’t travel with her. Also if your child needs child care, your wife may want to start looking and getting on wait lists (if even possible). Child care spots are expensive at any time but right now at a premium due to Covid.

Reactions: sanjee881

yatinkapoor

Feb 12, 2021
Hi, I am new here in the forum. I have recently sent documents for my spousal sponsorship out land India. My spouse is working in India and child is a student. I want to apply for spouse's and child's TRV. I have got to know that CIC is approving TRVs with dual intent as well during COVID. Can anyone guide my as how to go about with the process, I have created a GC Key account & downloaded all the forms. Should I show a dual intent in the Letter of explanation or just apply without mentioning any reference to spousal sponsorship. Please help, how to move forward with the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am new here in the forum. I have recently sent documents for my spousal sponsorship out land India. My spouse is working in India and child is a student. I want to apply for spouse's and child's TRV. I have got to know that CIC is approving TRVs with dual intent as well during COVID. Can anyone guide my as how to go about with the process, I have created a GC Key account & downloaded all the forms. Should I show a dual intent in the Letter of explanation or just apply without mentioning any reference to spousal sponsorship. Please help, how to move forward with the application.
There isn't approval for dual intent due to covid. If your spouse and child have a TRV they qualify to travel to Canada during covid as the family of a citizen. Still difficult for spouses to get TRVs although you can certainly try. Does your child not have citizenship?

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
hi anyone sending exception email to ircc for prioritizing application of trv as an immediate family member by applying through gckey for visitor?

one541

Nov 25, 2020
hi anyone sending exception email to ircc for prioritizing application of trv as an immediate family member by applying through gckey for visitor?
Yes we did several times. No reply for any of the emails sent

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
My husband applied and it was approved at first but they said his biometric had expired since he had a previous PR application that was refused.
After doing another biometric we thought they would return his passport back stamped but instead they requested for more chats, photos of us and finances.
We still havent gotten the passport back. Is it possible that because we did a new biometric they reviewd the application again....I am losing my mind here. Has anyone encounterd this before

gurnisha

Mar 24, 2021
My husband applied and it was approved at first but they said his biometric had expired since he had a previous PR application that was refused.
After doing another biometric we thought they would return his passport back stamped but instead they requested for more chats, photos of us and finances.
We still havent gotten the passport back. Is it possible that because we did a new biometric they reviewd the application again....I am losing my mind here. Has anyone encounterd this before
Hello, First of all congratulations on your TRV getting approved. Which country are you from? Also, can I ask what all did you show to convince the visa officer to approve your application? Job, financial assets value, property value? If you're comfortable sharing that info or if you can pm me

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
its not an approval if it is no longer showing on the profile that its approved. They haven't sent back the passport yet and its been a month, they asked for additional information after passport request.....Has anyone been in this shoe before?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I applied TRV for my fiancé on March 17th, 2021, still waiting for the results. I am a PR, living and working in Alberta.
Submitted IMM0006E with the application to support the extended family member application.
Anybody have any idea how long its taking to get a decision ?