+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Brother

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
If you want an extremely honest answer, I recommend your brother does not apply for a TRV for at least another 3-4 years. IMO, there are several reasons why he won't be granted any temporary visa:
1. Your son's birthday is not a compelling reason to visit. If it is then would your parents/other family members attend this birthday celebrations? Just a point to consider.

2. Your brother has probably overstayed his UK student visa by 2.5 years. I believe his UK student visa would have been cancelled when his college was shut down. He should have left the UK immediately after that. His reason for overstaying i.e. his passport was lost won't work.

Your brother might also want to confirm/check with the UK Home Office if he has been banned from re-entering the UK.

3. Your brother has made his intentions to remain long-term in Canada quite clear to IRCC by filing twice for a WP as a live-in caregiver when he was ineligible
If you want an extremely honest answer, I recommend your brother does not apply for a TRV for at least another 3-4 years. IMO, there are several reasons why he won't be granted any temporary visa:
1. Thanks for the honest reply, he applied cause he knows he was not at fault whatever happened to him during his visit to the UK. He had all the docs available to prove that. Still, the VO was not satisfied, I am afraid even after 3-4 years he may not be eligible for TRV.
Yes, my parents also applied with him there decision hasn't come yet actually my dad is the main applicant. Is it (bro refusal) going to affect my parents' application?

2. When his college was closed in the UK, his visa was valid and he contacted the UK home office to verify that and that is the reason he was seeking admission in another college. I don't think he was banned to re-enter but still, I will ask him to check with UK home office. one thing he asked for the police clearance once he returned back to India from the UK and he was given the clearance from UK home office which we didn't attach to the visitor visa application also he did not attach the UK appeal which he won to remain in the UK on humanitarian basis to obtain legal travel doc to return to India. He had no intention to stay in the UK and voluntarily contacted home office to return to India.

3: yes, his previous WP application may have a significant effect on his TRV refusal but since 2015 he is actively involved in a business which has good turnover.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am afraid even after 3-4 years he may not be eligible for TRV.
Do remain hopeful and think positively. A few years from now, IRCC might consider his new TRV application positively and grant him a TRV.

Based on your previous posts, his business is a very good reason to return to India. Unfortunately, he has messed his TRV chances because of his UK history + by applying twice for WPs.

Yes, my parents also applied with him there decision hasn't come yet actually my dad is the main applicant. Is it (bro refusal) going to affect my parents' application?
No impact on their applications.

I don't think he was banned to re-enter but still, I will ask him to check with UK home office.
It is best to be sure.

which we didn't attach to the visitor visa application also he did not attach the UK appeal which he won to remain in the UK on humanitarian basis to obtain legal travel doc to return to India. He had no intention to stay in the UK and voluntarily contacted home office to return to India.
He could have requested the Indian High Commission for an Emergency Travel Document. Anyways. It's in the past

Last edited:

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
1. Your son's birthday is not a compelling reason to visit. If it is then would your parents/other family members attend this birthday celebrations? Just a point to consider.

2. Your brother has probably overstayed his UK student visa by 2.5 years. I believe his UK student visa would have been cancelled when his college was shut down. He should have left the UK immediately after that. His reason for overstaying i.e. his passport was lost won't work.

Your brother might also want to confirm/check with the UK Home Office if he has been banned from re-entering the UK.

3. Your brother has made his intentions to remain long-term in Canada quite clear to IRCC by filing twice for a WP as a live-in caregiver when he was ineligible
Thanks Bryanna. I will ask him to check with UK home office for sure and stay positive for his future.