+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Brother

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
Hi,

I would like to apply for visitor visa for my younger brother to attend my Son's 8th birthday. We are booking a venue for the birthday party which is in July. I would like to know the checklist of documents required from my side and my brother's side. My brother was in the UK for 4 years on a student visa and returned to India without completing studies cause the college closed. Then he applied for Canada work permit as a caregiver and got refused twice due to ineligibility in 2016. Since then he is running his own business and also doing farming and filling tax. He is single and 27 years old now. Is there any chance for him to get a visitor visa. Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I would like to apply for visitor visa for my younger brother to attend my Son's 8th birthday. We are booking a venue for the birthday party which is in July. I would like to know the checklist of documents required from my side and my brother's side. My brother was in the UK for 4 years on a student visa and returned to India without completing studies cause the college closed. Then he applied for Canada work permit as a caregiver and got refused twice due to ineligibility in 2016. Since then he is running his own business and also doing farming and filling tax. He is single and 27 years old now. Is there any chance for him to get a visitor visa. Thanks
Invitations to attend birthday celebrations of nieces/nephews are generally not perceived as compelling reasons to visit.

1. Since how long has he been in business + farming?

2. Does he own property or land? Are your parents dependent on him financially or for their well-being?

3. Has he traveled to any other visa-required countries after he returned from the UK?

4. What documents do you intend to submit as host + his documents as the applicant?

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
1.He is into the business from May 2015 and agriculture from Dec 2014 but he did not mention this in the previous work permit application. So he can only mention starting Nov 2016 he is doing business plus farming cause that's when he filed his 2nd refused work permit application.

2. yes, he owns a property and has a line of credit worth CAD $100,000 on his and my dad's name for a business purpose. My brother is licensed by Government to do his own seed grading business and he is running a small factory on a land provided by my dad (proper documentation available as a proof). My parents are not dependent on him. Father is businessman and mom is retired teacher and getting a pension from the government.

3. yes, he has traveled to Thailand and Bali, Indonesia last month only as a tourist.

4. I can provide T4, notice of assessment, bank statement of myself (have >30K CAD dollars), Proof of son's DOB, invitation letter, letter from the venue booked for his bday, letter of employment. But not sure what documents he should include?

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
Invitations to attend birthday celebrations of nieces/nephews are generally not perceived as compelling reasons to visit.

1. Since how long has he been in business + farming?

2. Does he own property or land? Are your parents dependent on him financially or for their well-being?

3. Has he traveled to any other visa-required countries after he returned from the UK?

4. What documents do you intend to submit as host + his documents as the applicant?
1.He is into the business from May 2015 and agriculture from Dec 2014 but he did not mention this in the previous work permit application. So he can only mention starting Nov 2016 he is doing business plus farming cause that's when he filed his 2nd refused work permit application.
2. yes, he owns a property and has a line of credit worth CAD $100,000 on his and my dad's name for a business purpose. My brother is licensed by Government to do his own seed grading business and he is running a small factory on a land provided by my dad (proper documentation available as a proof). My parents are not dependent on him. Father is businessman and mom is retired teacher and getting a pension from the government.

3. yes, he has traveled to Thailand and Bali, Indonesia last month only as a tourist.

4. I can provide T4, notice of assessment, bank statement of myself (have >30K CAD dollars), Proof of son's DOB, invitation letter, letter from the venue booked for his bday, letter of employment. But not sure what documents he should include?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do post the list of documents he intends to submit especially for the property ownership + the seed grading business + small factory (employees hired, registration) + land provided by your dad

This won't count as travel history

How long will he be visiting?

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
Do post the list of documents he intends to submit especially for the property ownership + the seed grading business + small factory (employees hired, registration) + land provided by your dad

This won't count as travel history

How long will he be visiting?

He has legal document that the land for the factory is provided by Dad and also recently Dad tranfered that land to my two brothers approx 6 months before.

He has certificate and registration from the state government authority to operate the seed grading business which is in good standing. He has his own business bank account which has lot of transactions from suppliers and customers. There are bills also. He has employees who he pays cash. He has filled tax for the last two years based on this business. To enhance his business he has recently completed diploma in agriculture as he is serious about his career and wanted more knowledge to operate business.

He went to Bali and Thailand as a tourist cause he sold biogradable agriculture products while working at dad’s store and qualified to go to these places by one of the multinational company. It was like a reward.

He is visiting for 3 weeks only..

What does count as travel history. He is also qualified for Singapore and Malaysia by one of the multinational companies. Will that help him with the travel?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
He has legal document that the land for the factory is provided by Dad and also recently Dad tranfered that land to my two brothers approx 6 months before.
He must include the land ownership documents + land transfer/stamp duty and registration on his name + indicate his share holding in the land.

If he intends to construct on that land then do include government approvals, building plans, sanctions, etc

He has certificate and registration from the state government authority to operate the seed grading business which is in good standing. He has his own business bank account which has lot of transactions from suppliers and customers. There are bills also.
Business registration documents + government approvals/registrations for the seed grading business + company bank account + audit report/ balance sheet/ profit-loss statement + company profile (website + list of key customers with contact information + similar for suppliers) + short list of business (ongoing or expected shortly after he returns) + company bank account + 2-3 bills.

Personal: Personal bank account (he cannot show company finances for his visit) + 2-years IT returns + financial investments (FDs, RDs, shares etc etc)

He has employees who he pays cash.
Profession Tax certificate (for himself and his employees) + GST certificate + evidence of hiring and paying his employees + a short explanation about who will temporarily manage his business when he is visiting + he must include 1-2 compelling work-related reasons to return to India by a specific date (with evidence) n

He has filled tax for the last two years based on this business. To enhance his business he has recently completed diploma in agriculture as he is serious about his career and wanted more knowledge to operate business.
A copy of this diploma with the explanation

He went to Bali and Thailand as a tourist cause he sold biogradable agriculture products while working at dad’s store and qualified to go to these places by one of the multinational company. It was like a reward.
Evidence for this: That he officially worked and was paid by your dad + the multinational company rewarded him and paid for his visit

He is visiting for 3 weeks only..
Your son's birthday is not a compelling reason to visit because birthdays are celebrated every year. It's not a milestone birthday.

Nonetheless, you can include evidence of your son's birthday + a detailed day-by-day itinerary of your brother's plans (for tourism, spending time with you and your family, etc) with expense estimates (he must be able to pay for this itinerary and airfare without your financial support)

What does count as travel history. He is also qualified for Singapore and Malaysia by one of the multinational companies. Will that help him with the travel?
Again, Singapore and Malaysia don't count as travel history as they are liberal in issuing visas. That said, as your brother was sent on *reward trips* he can include similar evidence to what I've suggested for the Thailand and Bali visits.

He must also include a Travel Explanation: Visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
He must include the land ownership documents + land transfer/stamp duty and registration on his name + indicate his share holding in the land.

If he intends to construct on that land then do include government approvals, building plans, sanctions, etc

Yes, he has all the legal documents of the transfer, ownership and government approval. Also, a warehouse is built on the land and machines are set up and he has building plan to prove that.

Business registration documents + government approvals/registrations for the seed grading business + company bank account + audit report/ balance sheet/ profit-loss statement + company profile (website + list of key customers with contact information + similar for suppliers) + short list of business (ongoing or expected shortly after he returns) + company bank account + 2-3 bills.

yes, all these documents/proofs are with him.

Personal: Personal bank account (he cannot show company finances for his visit) + 2-years IT returns + financial investments (FDs, RDs, shares etc etc)

He has an FD of about Rs 500,000 should he dissolve it and transfer to personal account. He has more money in company account, can he transfer this to a personal account to show as income? Can my parents sponsor him?

Profession Tax certificate (for himself and his employees) + GST certificate + evidence of hiring and paying his employees + a short explanation about who will temporarily manage his business when he is visiting + he must include 1-2 compelling work-related reasons to return to India by a specific date (with evidence) n
A tax certificate is available for himself only and not for the employees, he only hires general labor to do some labor work rest he himself operates the grader(machine). since my other brother has share in the factory land he can declare him as the manager for 3 weeks (what proof he needs for this?). since he is coming here in July and will return by end of July, what can be the compelling reason to go back? Any example?

yes, he can provide that.

Evidence for this: That he officially worked and was paid by your dad + the multinational company rewarded him and paid for his visit

It is a family business and my dad pays him cash sometime or he gets tours like that to sell the stuff. what kind of document is required to prove that?
He has detailed tour plan by the company officials in his email, Is it enough?

Your son's birthday is not a compelling reason to visit because birthdays are celebrated every year. It's not a milestone birthday.

Nonetheless, you can include evidence of your son's birthday + a detailed day-by-day itinerary of your brother's plans (for tourism, spending time with you and your family, etc) with expense estimates (he must be able to pay for this itinerary and airfare without your financial support)

My son's bday is in July and he is planning to go to Ottawa too in July cause of Canada day long weekend. Can he include that too?
He has about $10,000 in his account. Is it enough to show that he can support himself?

Again, Singapore and Malaysia don't count as travel history as they are liberal in issuing visas. That said, as your brother was sent on *reward trips* he can include similar evidence to what I've suggested for the Thailand and Bali visits.
ok

He must also include a Travel Explanation: Visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit
Is this for Thailand/Bali, which he visited earlier?

I also mentioned he was in the UK for 4 years and could not complete his studies cause the college closed. He applied to another college with some agent and the agent lost his all docs including his passport. He voluntarily filled the case with UK immigration authorities to obtain the travel document to return to India. He won the appeal to remain in the UK to obtain his document. The day is got his passport he returned to India. Does he need to provide this explanation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is this for Thailand/Bali, which he visited earlier?
For both, the Thailand/Bali + Singapore/Malaysia reward trips

I also mentioned he was in the UK for 4 years and could not complete his studies cause the college closed. He applied to another college with some agent and the agent lost his all docs including his passport. He voluntarily filled the case with UK immigration authorities to obtain the travel document to return to India. He won the appeal to remain in the UK to obtain his document. The day is got his passport he returned to India. Does he need to provide this explanation?
That means he was issued an Emergency Travel Document to return to India, right?

Did the UK Home Office ask him to leave?
Did he file a complaint with the British police and Indian High Commission that he had lost his passport?
How long did he remain in the UK after the college shut down? And was his study visa valid until the day he left the UK? Or did he have any other UK visa?

Yes, he must declare all these facts about his UK stay. UK and Canada are part of the FCC (Five Country Conference group) and do share immigration data

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016

Yes, he has all the legal documents of the transfer, ownership and government approval. Also, a warehouse is built on the land and machines are set up and he has building plan to prove that.

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016

yes, all these documents/proofs are with him.

He has an FD of about Rs 500,000 should he dissolve it and transfer to personal account. He has more money in company account, can he transfer this to a personal account to show as income? Can my parents sponsor him?

A tax certificate is available for himself only and not for the employees, he only hires general labor to do some labor work rest he himself operates the grader(machine). since my other brother has share in the factory land he can declare him as the manager for 3 weeks (what proof he needs for this?). since he is coming here in July and will return by end of July, what can be the compelling reason to go back? Any example?
yes, he can provide that.
It is a family business and my dad pays him cash sometime or he gets tours like that to sell the stuff. what kind of document is required to prove that?
He has detailed tour plan by the company officials in his email, Is it enough?

My son's bday is in July and he is planning to go to Ottawa too in July cause of Canada day long weekend. Can he include that too?
He has about $10,000 in his account. Is it enough to show that he can support himself?

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
That means he was issued an Emergency Travel Document to return to India, right?

Did the UK Home Office ask him to leave?
Did he file a complaint with the British police and Indian High Commission that he had lost his passport?
How long did he remain in the UK after the college shut down? And was his study visa valid until the day he left the UK? Or did he have any other UK visa?

Yes, he must declare all these facts about his UK stay. UK and Canada are part of the FCC (Five Country Conference group) and do share immigration data
He filed a complaint with British police for the passport loss and it took a while to get a new passport from Indian High Commission and he flew to India once he got his passport. He stayed there for 2.5years after the school closed on a valid student visa.

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
Bryanna - Can you please help me to create his day to day Itinerary. He is intending to visit us from June 25 to July 16. He is planning to go to Ottawa due to July 1st Canada Day celebrations and then July 10th my son's bday.

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
Bryanna - Can you please help me to create his day to day Itinerary. He is intending to visit us from June 25 to July 16. He is planning to go to Ottawa due to July 1st Canada Day celebrations and then July 10th my son's bday.
Hi Bryanna

I urgently need your help. My brother applied for a visitor visa and submitted all the relevant docs but still got refused today cause of below reason. can we reapply as he has to attend my son's bday on July 10th? Any help from you will be highly appreciated.
Other reasons:
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic
establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission
as a temporary resident in Canada.

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I urgently need your help. My brother applied for a visitor visa and submitted all the relevant docs but still got refused today cause of below reason. can we reapply as he has to attend my son's bday on July 10th? Any help from you will be highly appreciated.
If you want an extremely honest answer, I recommend your brother does not apply for a TRV for at least another 3-4 years. IMO, there are several reasons why he won't be granted any temporary visa:
1. Your son's birthday is not a compelling reason to visit. If it is then would your parents/other family members attend this birthday celebrations? Just a point to consider.

2. Your brother has probably overstayed his UK student visa by 2.5 years. I believe his UK student visa would have been cancelled when his college was shut down. He should have left the UK immediately after that. His reason for overstaying i.e. his passport was lost won't work.

Your brother might also want to confirm/check with the UK Home Office if he has been banned from re-entering the UK.

3. Your brother has made his intentions to remain long-term in Canada quite clear to IRCC by filing twice for a WP as a live-in caregiver when he was ineligible