+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Family- Biometrics only for 1 member

Sahajpal1992

Aug 16, 2022
Hi,
My situation is same. Could you please help how it went in your case:
My father and mother applied for Visitor visa together with same GC key and paid the Family Biometric Fee of 170CAD. Biometric Instruction letter received only for my father with in 24Hrs, but my mother didn't get yet.
What should I do now?
Appreciate your help.
I am in the same situation can you let me know what happened next and what did you do to get another Biomatric

Sahajpal1992

Aug 16, 2022
Sorry to intervene, just a question that if someone is more than 79 of his age so will he be exempted from Biometrics. I applied last week for the TRV of my parents, my mother is 70 and my father is 80. I only got 1 Biometric letter of my mother and still waiting a letter of my father. Kindly advise
[/QUOT
Im in the same boat can you help what to do? Or what next will happen

Sahajpal1992

Aug 16, 2022
I am having same situation. Yesterday i applied for visitor visa online for self and mother. I paid all the fees cad 370. Today i recieved biometrics collection letter for my application. But they did not send biometrics collection letter in my mother's application. Anyone already gone through this please guide me. I am primary applicant and I have submitted application from my cic account.

Sahajpal1992

Aug 16, 2022
Hi,
My situation is same. Could you please help me:
My father and mother applied for Visitor visa together with same GC key and paid the Family Biometric Fee of 170CAD. Biometric Instruction letter received only for my father with in 24Hrs, but my mother didn't get yet.
What should I do now?
Appreciate your help.
Hi,
My situation is same. Could you please help me:
What should I do now?
Appreciate your help.

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hey, am filling out visitor visa application for my parents, however they are asking for only 85cad for biometrics which means for 1 person only. How did you guys get to select 170cad for 2? Please help
Hi
How you get resolve this issue?
I have same situation for one of my friend. She is applying for both parents but at payment screen only biometric fee of $85 is showing and no any other fee.
I would be great help if you can reply.

vijuureddy

Jun 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

I recently submitted visitor visa applications for my wife and myself to Canada a few days ago. During the application process, I answered "NO" to the question asking if we had previously given biometrics. A family biometric fee of $170 was collected. Strangely, only I received the biometric request form to schedule an appointment. Upon checking my wife's application, it states that biometrics are not required for her.

Here's what is displayed in our application portal:

For me:
"We need your fingerprints to process your application. Please check your messages below for further details."
For my spouse:
"We do not need your fingerprints at this time. We will notify you if this changes."

My question is: If we apply for a family visitor visa, is it sufficient for only the principal applicant to provide biometrics?

If the answer is yes, then why was the fee collected for both of us?

Could someone please help me understand this situation? Thank you in advance.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Bi
Hello everyone,

I recently submitted visitor visa applications for my wife and myself to Canada a few days ago. During the application process, I answered "NO" to the question asking if we had previously given biometrics. A family biometric fee of $170 was collected. Strangely, only I received the biometric request form to schedule an appointment. Upon checking my wife's application, it states that biometrics are not required for her.

Here's what is displayed in our application portal:

For me:
"We need your fingerprints to process your application. Please check your messages below for further details."
For my spouse:
"We do not need your fingerprints at this time. We will notify you if this changes."

My question is: If we apply for a family visitor visa, is it sufficient for only the principal applicant to provide biometrics?

If the answer is yes, then why was the fee collected for both of us?

Could someone please help me understand this situation? Thank you in advance.
Biometrics are needed for every applicant who will be entering Canada as it is the process needed to be done before processing the file as it’s helpful in checking background information, also its quite normal that when two or more applicants applied together, there might be delay in getting BIL, wait for another 5-6 days, hopefully you will get before that, otherwise call IRCC.

Sahajpal1992

Aug 16, 2022
Vijuureddy you will receive another biometric request in 3-4 days my dady received request and next week my mom received it’s very common wait for a week another applicant will receive the request as well