+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Family- Biometrics only for 1 member

neha12@34

Mar 22, 2019
Hello Friends,
I applied for my family of four for Canada Visitor visa in January 2019. Got only 1 Biometrics Instructions letter for main applicant only. VFS center told that they need Biometrics letter for each family member. Even after Biometrics for the main applicant was done, we haven't received passport collection letter till date.
I tried contacting CIC via web form but no response. Its been more than 1.5 months and no response from them.

Can anyone please guide/assist how to resolve this issue? What to do next? How can I request for Biometrics letter for remaining members of the family?

It will be really helpful for us.
Thank you.

Reactions: nakulmahajan

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hello Friends,
I applied for my family of four for Canada Visitor visa in January 2019. Got only 1 Biometrics Instructions letter for main applicant only. VFS center told that they need Biometrics letter for each family member. Even after Biometrics for the main applicant was done, we haven't received passport collection letter till date.
I tried contacting CIC via web form but no response. Its been more than 1.5 months and no response from them.

Can anyone please guide/assist how to resolve this issue? What to do next? How can I request for Biometrics letter for remaining members of the family?

Thank you.
You applied online?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Friends,

Thank you.
Did you apply for minor children (less than 14 years) or senior (79+ years)?

nakulmahajan

Mar 16, 2019
INDIA
Category........
VISIT
You must email your local visa office to request for the BILs for the other applicants.

As for the principal applicant, you won't get a passport request until a positive assessment has been made on your application
Thanks @Bryanna !

Is there any way that the other applicants are exempt for giving the biometrics if all the applicants were eligible for CAN+?

The primary applicant being my dad while filling out the questionnaire.

neha12@34

Mar 22, 2019
You must email your local visa office to request for the BILs for the other applicants.

As for the principal applicant, you won't get a passport request until a positive assessment has been made on your application
Thank you @Bryanna .
Will the local visa office consider adding biometrics request for other applicants (apart from main applicant) and will be able to link it to our application ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks @Bryanna !

Is there any way that the other applicants are exempt for giving the biometrics if all the applicants were eligible for CAN+?

The primary applicant being my dad while filling out the questionnaire.
Being eligible for CAN+ processing won't render someone exempt from giving biometrics. It is now mandatory for applicants of all nationalities

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you @Bryanna .
Will the local visa office consider adding biometrics request for other applicants (apart from main applicant) and will be able to link it to our application ?
Did each applicant apply separately? Different GCKey accounts?

Are all applicants part of the same immediate family (like parents and dependent children)?

And ages are between 14-79 years?

Last edited:

neha12@34

Mar 22, 2019
Did each applicant apply separately? Different GCKey accounts?

Are all applicants part of the same immediate family (like parents and dependent children)?

And ages are between 14-79 years?
They applied in one GC account only. All are part of same family and aged between 14-79 years.

nakulmahajan

Mar 16, 2019
INDIA
Category........
VISIT
Hi @Bryanna , I just received a message in My father GC key account regarding my biometrics.
They sent a request letter for me to pay the biometrics fee.
As we applied for a Family of 3, we paid $170 fee family biometrics fee. Should I inform the officer by submitting the document consisting of this payment receipt or should I go on to pay $85 for myself?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna , I just received a message in My father GC key account regarding my biometrics.
They sent a request letter for me to pay the biometrics fee.
As we applied for a Family of 3, we paid $170 fee family biometrics fee. Should I inform the officer by submitting the document consisting of this payment receipt or should I go on to pay $85 for myself?
This was expected because you are not a dependent of your dad.

You must pay the CAD 85. There's no way around this