+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Family- Biometrics only for 1 member

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
I have a similar situation. Application is Principle Applicant (35 years old) with one dependent, a 16 year old son. Separate letters were send for Medical clearance, and both were processed and approved. Only a single Biometric letter was sent to me, with PA only listed.

could it be that minor dependent does not require biometrics?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have a similar situation. Application is Principle Applicant (35 years old) with one dependent, a 16 year old son. Separate letters were send for Medical clearance, and both were processed and approved. Only a single Biometric letter was sent to me, with PA only listed.

could it be that minor dependent does not require biometrics?
Your son needs to give his biometrics because he is over the age of 14 years (the exemption for biometrics). Do email the visa office for his BIL.

He won't, however, have to pay biometric fees as your dependent

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi

Can anyone please explain the steps for visitor visa online application for mother? and what happens next after applying online.
Can I make profile on behalf of my mother? I am located in Canada and not aware of visitor visa application from India. Does she need to go in person?
I would really appreciate your reply. Thanks.

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Your son needs to give his biometrics because he is over the age of 14 years (the exemption for biometrics). Do email the visa office for his BIL.

He won't, however, have to pay biometric fees as your dependent

Just to be clear, he is not my son, he is the PA's son. I am the sponsor. I don't understand why I would have to email them. They provided the request to me. My application clearly has him listed as a dependent. They correctly sent 2 copies (PA and Dependent) for medical, so why not for this? This approach causes undue confusion. In no way would I know to email them to send the other copy.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just to be clear, he is not my son, he is the PA's son. I am the sponsor. I don't understand why I would have to email them. They provided the request to me. My application clearly has him listed as a dependent. They correctly sent 2 copies (PA and Dependent) for medical, so why not for this? This approach causes undue confusion. In no way would I know to email them to send the other copy.
IRCC will not respond to your queries even if you contact them. The parent would need to contact IRCC.

But, if the parent of the minor doesn't want to email IRCC then s/he can continue waiting until the visa office contacts her/him at some point

Last edited:

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
IRCC will not respond to your queries even if you contact them. The parent would need to contact IRCC.

But, if the parent of the minor doesn't want to email IRCC then s/he can continue waiting until the visa office contacts her/him at some point
Why woulden't they respond to me. I am the sponsor and also the owner of the account that is linked to the application. All communication so far as been through that account, including a previous conversation between myself (the sponsor) and the CIC. The email form to complete the biometrics was through that account, as well as BOTH the notifications from the CIC for PA and PA's dependent.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why woulden't they respond to me. I am the sponsor and also the owner of the account that is linked to the application. All communication so far as been through that account, including a previous conversation between myself (the sponsor) and the CIC. The email form to complete the biometrics was through that account, as well as BOTH the notifications from the CIC for PA and PA's dependent.
You have been posting in the wrong forum. Suggest you move over to the Family Sponsorship section

May 20, 2019
Hi @Bryanna i need your advise please. my brother applied for visitor visa for himself along with his wife and 2 minor daughters. they got passport request for my brother and his wife but not for their kids. is it normal? can they send all 4 passports with 2 passport requests or they need to wait for passport request for their daughters?

Sep 20, 2019
Hello Friends,
I applied for my family of four for Canada Visitor visa in January 2019. Got only 1 Biometrics Instructions letter for main applicant only. VFS center told that they need Biometrics letter for each family member. Even after Biometrics for the main applicant was done, we haven't received passport collection letter till date.
I tried contacting CIC via web form but no response. Its been more than 1.5 months and no response from them.

Can anyone please guide/assist how to resolve this issue? What to do next? How can I request for Biometrics letter for remaining members of the family?

It will be really helpful for us.
Thank you.
Hi,
My situation is same. Could you please help how it went in your case:
My father and mother applied for Visitor visa together with same GC key and paid the Family Biometric Fee of 170CAD. Biometric Instruction letter received only for my father with in 24Hrs, but my mother didn't get yet.
What should I do now?
Appreciate your help.

Sep 20, 2019
Did you apply for minor children (less than 14 years) or senior (79+ years)?
Hi,
My situation is same. Could you please help how it went in your case:
My father and mother applied for Visitor visa together with same GC key and paid the Family Biometric Fee of 170CAD. Biometric Instruction letter received only for my father with in 24Hrs, but my mother didn't get yet.
What should I do now?
Appreciate your help.