+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application (using the new IRCC Portal) INDIA updates

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hello folks, I just had a question reg. visitor visa for my in-laws. So they finished up biometrics and we haven't gotten any updates from IRCC. They were given a form by VFS for COurier/SMS request form. When I logged into https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/
I see all the fields in this form. My question is around
1) What the procedure is once they receive a passport request letter
2) SMS/Courier is already filled under the Passport Submission form, who should they hand this form over to?

Chiddarthan

Jan 9, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone please help me here.

I applied through New ircc portal for vistior visa yesterday and paid for BIL online. How much days it will take to get BIL? Should we need to do anything to get BIL?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone please help me here.

I applied through New ircc portal for vistior visa yesterday and paid for BIL online. How much days it will take to get BIL? Should we need to do anything to get BIL?
The BIL ideally comes into your account in 24-48 hours.

Chiddarthan

Jan 9, 2021
The BIL ideally comes into your account in 24-48 hours.
So i dont have to do anything further right. Saw some post stating to upload the BIL Receipt to portal. But i paid as a whole with application fees itself. Not a separate payment

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
So i dont have to do anything further right. Saw some post stating to upload the BIL Receipt to portal. But i paid as a whole with application fees itself. Not a separate payment
Once you get that letter, you need to book an appt and give your biometrics through VFS

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hello,

I had applied for TRV for my spouse: 1st Application on April 10, 2021 through GC key and 2nd one on new portal on Oct 10, 2021. Due to lack of response, I contacted my local MP to enquire on the status and below is the update in received and the update is the same on both applications. Can anyone provide further insight on this? I didn't know my TRV application is stuck in New Delhi. Should I apply for another time or wait> I have already raised webforms with no response yet.

Please see the update that was provided to the MP:

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the applicant's temporary resident visa (TRV)application:

• The application was received at the New Delhi, India on October 10, 2021.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the officer will insert a TRV counterfoil inside the applicant's passport. The passport and any original documents included with the application will be returned to the applicant in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).
  • If the application is refused:
    • the officer will inform the applicant of the refusal. The passport and any original documents (if included with the application) will be returned to the applicant in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).

pratham02j

May 21, 2019
Hi, i am using webform to take biometric appointment for my parents. It says "Your appointment date and time will be allocated on a first come first serve basis". Will i be able to select a date and time when i submit their BIL or it will randomly assign first available date and time? They are not in the city which have VFS office so need to plan the travel.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hi, i am using webform to take biometric appointment for my parents. It says "Your appointment date and time will be allocated on a first come first serve basis". Will i be able to select a date and time when i submit their BIL or it will randomly assign first available date and time? They are not in the city which have VFS office so need to plan the travel.
Where are you applying from? Where is your parents located?

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
I'm writing again hoping someone has an update.

I applied for a visitor visa in Dec 2020 for my parents but could only do the biometrics in August 2021 because VFS offices in India were closed for temp resident visas related processing because of covid. The biometrics status is updated but I haven't heard anything after that, I tried emailing/calling but absolutely no use.

Does anyone know how long it'll take or if there's anyway to find out? Any contact number that I can call in Canada or email?

Also some of the documents submitted would now be outdated eg. my Canada rent agreement was attached as one of the documents as part of the invitation letter, would updating this make any different to the application? I've been waiting for them to ask for more info or updated documents.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuldip25

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hello,

Like many I am also waiting for any information re my parents visa application which was filed before 7th September 2021. There has been absolutely no update. I see many references of a web form, can someone please let me know which web form to fill to get any information on the status?

Reactions: kuldip25

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Hello All,

I am applying for my parents visitor visa ( its a normal visa not super visa). As part of visa application I have to add letter of invitation also in the application

I have one doubt in letter of invitation which is as below

Query :-
I should be addressing the letter of invitation to the visa officer or personally to my parents

For e.g. if to the visa office

Letter of Invitation Sample:

Date, 201#

The Visa Officer
High Commission of Canada
Immigration Visa Section
City, Country

LETTER OF INVITATION – Full Name of applicant

or

it should be personal one on one letter from me to my parents inviting them to visit canada.

I got confused with these wording on cic website which is as below

' The letter must be written to you from your family member'

Letter of invitationNo (optional) – visa applicationA letter written by your family member in Canada.
It can confirm that your purpose for visiting Canada is valid.
A copy of the letter from the family member inviting you to Canada. The letter must be written to you from your family member.
Consult details to include in the letter
Submit with visa application

looking forward for your kind help

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
I'm writing again hoping someone has an update.

I applied for a visitor visa in Dec 2020 for my parents but could only do the biometrics in August 2021 because VFS offices in India were closed for temp resident visas related processing because of covid. The biometrics status is updated but I haven't heard anything after that, I tried emailing/calling but absolutely no use.

Does anyone know how long it'll take or if there's anyway to find out? Any contact number that I can call in Canada or email?

Also some of the documents submitted would now be outdated eg. my Canada rent agreement was attached as one of the documents as part of the invitation letter, would updating this make any different to the application? I've been waiting for them to ask for more info or updated documents.
I would recommend that you should re-apply using IRCC portal.

Reactions: liselle08

jreehal

Nov 3, 2020
Hey all,

A friend of mine applied for for a visitor visa through the new portal for his wife on October 18th - there hasn't been an update since. The portal said 14-30 days but nothing has been requested or moved along.

My husband applied to have his brother visit from Ukraine, and the application had movement within 2 weeks and we got a result back in the time they said.

I think it's just taking a long time from India - anyone else have a similar experience?

Jasmine

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey all,

A friend of mine applied for for a visitor visa through the new portal for his wife on October 18th - there hasn't been an update since. The portal said 14-30 days but nothing has been requested or moved along.

My husband applied to have his brother visit from Ukraine, and the application had movement within 2 weeks and we got a result back in the time they said.

I think it's just taking a long time from India - anyone else have a similar experience?

Jasmine
Scores of applicants from Oct and Nov have been stuck forever. Some september files too. Families torn apart and I am one of the victims of this disaster.