+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application (using the new IRCC Portal) INDIA updates

InCaAnRo

Jul 29, 2017
Thorou
Hello , Congratulations .
May I know whether you are on work permit or PR. I am on work permit and I did not see any section in application to attach my work permit . I applied visa yesterday for my parents .

Thank you .
You applied through GC key old portal??? Or new portal????

InCaAnRo

Jul 29, 2017
I got PPR for my parents today ( Applied through GCKey). Here's the timeline for reference -

AOR: December 27, 2021
BIL: December 28, 2021
Biometric Submitted: January 10, 2022
BVL and PPR: January 24, 2022

Hopefully who are waiting for their or their family member's VISA will get it soon.
Gc key old portal or new portal??

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Folks who are awaiting a decision on your Visitor Visa Application - What does Criminality Passed mean? Is that any indicator of getting a decision over a couple of more days? Please share any insights you have

Angienanti

Dec 17, 2021
Folks who are awaiting a decision on your Visitor Visa Application - What does Criminality Passed mean? Is that any indicator of getting a decision over a couple of more days? Please share any insights you have
dont know nothing about that as i applied on gc key but happy there’s a change on your application atleast.gives me hope.

Reactions: BA101

HBhola05

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
How to check criminality on portal? I don't see any such field.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
How to check criminality on portal? I don't see any such field.
You can ask your MP to find out about the application or call IRCC - Sometimes they give this info out. Else they may ask you to contact the nearest office of the country of principal applicant

Reactions: HBhola05

srmn

Apr 26, 2019
Hello folks, I am trying to apply for my brother and his wife under new portal. Added as group. For my brother selected the option of visiting sibling. But whose option should I choose for his wife's part of application. Cannot choose siblings??.

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hello, I applied for my husbands VV on 24th Oct and got rejection today. They mentioned "Will not leave based on purpose and financial assets". I have his SOWP with IRCC since Feb 2021. I am really disappointed now. Please suggest me if I should reapply? Also, any suggestions on what all documents to attach and get approval this time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I applied for my husbands VV on 24th Oct and got rejection today. They mentioned "Will not leave based on purpose and financial assets". I have his SOWP with IRCC since Feb 2021. I am really disappointed now. Please suggest me if I should reapply? Also, any suggestions on what all documents to attach and get approval this time?
You are a student so what funds did you show to support him in Canada without working. What ties did he show that he will return - job, property etc. Given you have SOWP app, VO doesn‘t believe he will leave as a visitor.

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
hi I am pr of canada and I applied my parents visitor visa on 24 April 2021 and gave biometric on 23 august 2021 after that no reply what should you guys suggest do I apply through new portal or just wait?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
hi I am pr of canada and I applied my parents visitor visa on 24 April 2021 and gave biometric on 23 august 2021 after that no reply what should you guys suggest do I apply through new portal or just wait?
Apply on new portal if you are seeking immediate unification

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Apply on new portal if you are seeking immediate unification
I applied through an agent he is saying they taking too long on new portal too don't know what to do. my son's graduation is coming in June I am thinking about saying it if I applied in new portal. Agent asked me to contact m p but haven't heard from them yet. Can you bale to tell how fast new portal application going. thx

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Hello folks, Waiting on my mom's visitor Visa here's the timeline. Indian Passport holder previous travel history to Canada.
Old Visa Expired July 2020
Re Applied on GCKey - July 2020
Biometrics- July 2021 (Yes after 1 year)
Since then no update.

Finally, I am thinking of applying in the new portal. I wanted to ask if anyone would recommend or answer below questions:

1. in the new portal it asks the reason for visit: Is it good to select: Visit non-dependent children in Canada as PR? (I am a landed immigrant since 2017).
2. For this category, do you attach invite letter?
3. for financial support: Do you share the financial documents of the person inviting (i.e. me - son from Canada) or say statements from India?
4. Finally, how do you show ties to India? Do property documents still work?