+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record utility

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
TRV and visitor record extensions are completely pointless if you leave the country as they are invalidated at that point.

If you do not currently have a valid multiple-entry TRV and leave Canada, you need a new TRV.
Our current TRVs r multiple but I am worried when we r landing back again at the end of Feb the immigration dept May object that we have only one month visa left. i didn’t know about invalidation thing.
So what’s ur suggestion now?

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Our current TRVs r multiple but I am worried when we r landing back again at the end of Feb the immigration dept May object that we have only one month visa left. i didn’t know about invalidation thing.
So what’s ur suggestion now?
Please I am waiting for guidance by experts.

valesalluzzo

Sep 16, 2019
TRV and visitor record extensions are completely pointless if you leave the country as they are invalidated at that point.

If you do not currently have a valid multiple-entry TRV and leave Canada, you need a new TRV.
Wait hi,

just to clarify. lets say you have an european passport which means you only need a ETA (visa), and the visit record for 6 months.
once you leave canda to travel or whatever and then comeback to canada wouldnt be any problem.
or the 6 months its only to stay inside canada and you cannot travel?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Once you leave Canada your visitor record is cancelled and you get a new status if you are re-admitted. Depending on what the CBSA officer says, you are generally re-admitted for six months.

You are welcome to leave Canada if you have a visitor record, but leaving the country invalidates it.