+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record utility

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
I have received the visitor record ( with the extended stay approved)for my parents via mail. I am planning a visit to USA next month. Will there be any issue if they re enter Canada with that letter? Will they be allowed to do that ? please let me know

Reactions: AnandPatel

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I'm sure if you looked on the visitor record, you'll see the restriction that it does not permit re-entry to Canada.

Unless they have a valid visa to re-enter Canada, they will not be allowed back in using a visitor record.

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
They have a valid visitor visa till 2023, but their tenure of staying 6 months at a stretch is complete , hence I applied for visitor record extension which is approved recently and extended their stay till 15-Oct-2019.
----With the above scenario.. can they re enter Canada from a US vacation of few days?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Not with a visitor record. If they have a multiple entry visa they can re enter. Once they leave, the visitor record is invalid. If the CBSA allows them to re enter using a multiple entry visa, they get a new status.

PRapplicant1385

May 30, 2019
Not with a visitor record. If they have a multiple entry visa they can re enter. Once they leave, the visitor record is invalid. If the CBSA allows them to re enter using a multiple entry visa, they get a new status.
My wife has a multiple TRV and visitor record. Both expired August 25, 2019. She traveled to USA and came back before the expiry. Is she authorized to stay for 6 months from the entry date or should be expired by the expiry date of the visitor record?

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
My wife has a multiple TRV and visitor record. Both expired August 25, 2019. She traveled to USA and came back before the expiry. Is she authorized to stay for 6 months from the entry date or should be expired by the expiry date of the visitor record?
It should expire by the entry date. Because the visa record becomes invalid once you leave the country. And please I need assistance on how you went about with visa extension, I will soon be applying for visa extension purpose for common law and my fiance will be having an operation around the time my visa expires, and I need to be there for him as he has no body to look after him. So just asking what where the supporting documents you attached to your application and did you apply online or paper

AnandPatel

Feb 24, 2014
Hi, i would appreciate if anybody help me out from this situation.
I have 10 yrs visitor visa and i came in last december 2018, in canada as Visitor, i apply for extention by paper application in May2019. After three months i got letter for medical and that suggested to submit within 30 days, and in same week after three days i got another letter for Visa validity till next 30 day. I show and thought that they are asking for medical so they give me till 30 days visa for medical submission.i already finished my medical in week. and i was waiting for Visa extenstion approval letter. i am not aware as that was a actual visa extention.
Now the issue is that Visa Validity time is finished, now as per document i must leave after that day, but due to mistek i was waiting for Visa record that was i had.
now i have no status.
It already past 12 days in this country. Now what would be my next step for restoration? or i have already 10 year visa it is ok if i stay or i go back and i can come back? what us best for me? please suggest. thank you in advance for your help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have 10 yrs visitor visa and i came in last december 2018, in canada as Visitor, i apply for extention by paper application in May2019. After three months i got letter for medical and that suggested to submit within 30 days, and in same week after three days i got another letter for Visa validity till next 30 day. I show and thought that they are asking for medical so they give me till 30 days visa for medical submission.i already finished my medical in week. and i was waiting for Visa extenstion approval letter. i am not aware as that was a actual visa extention.
Now the issue is that Visa Validity time is finished, now as per document i must leave after that day, but due to mistek i was waiting for Visa record that was i had.
now i have no status.
It already past 12 days in this country. Now what would be my next step for restoration? or i have already 10 year visa it is ok if i stay or i go back and i can come back? what us best for me? please suggest. thank you in advance for your help.
You have missed other deadlines regarding immigration and have gotten very very lucky in the past. Assume this is not about you. The extension your family member received doesn’t seem like it was for the full 6 months so that is CIC basically telling you that another extension is unlikely to be awarded. Your family member has already visited Canada for 10 months. A 10 year visa doesn’t mean a person can visit for 10 years. People are expected to return home to reestablish their ties to their home country and then they can visit Canada again. TRV is for people to visit and not live in Canada. It is unclear who you are referring to in this post. You seem to have a history of not being able to interpret immigration letters. Would recommend you check with others to you don’t end up with situations like expired COPRs and overstays. You got lucky with the COPRs but many are not given a 2nd chance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
now i have no status.
You cannot stay. You must leave and the sooner the better. Overstating creates problems if you ever try to come back.

AnandPatel

Feb 24, 2014
You have missed other deadlines regarding immigration and have gotten very very lucky in the past. Assume this is not about you. The extension your family member received doesn’t seem like it was for the full 6 months so that is CIC basically telling you that another extension is unlikely to be awarded. Your family member has already visited Canada for 10 months. A 10 year visa doesn’t mean a person can visit for 10 years. People are expected to return home to reestablish their ties to their home country and then they can visit Canada again. TRV is for people to visit and not live in Canada. It is unclear who you are referring to in this post. You seem to have a history of not being able to interpret immigration letters. Would recommend you check with others to you don’t end up with situations like expired COPRs and overstays. You got lucky with the COPRs but many are not given a 2nd chance.

This situation is for my Causin. now if they go back, They can come back in canada ?? there would be any problem at immigration while they come back?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This situation is for my Causin. now if they go back, They can come back in canada ?? there would be any problem at immigration while they come back?
They've overstayed after applying for an extension. They may or may not have problems trying to come back.

They would have worse if they don't leave.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just confirming they should not come back right away. They need to reestablish ties to their home country, work there, etc. Travelling to Canada on a TRV is not meant for people looking for employment. They have already spent a good portion of the year visiting Canada which is very unusual for someone of that age group unless they are independently wealthy or working remotely for a company with no association to Canada.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hi,
Need urgent guidance please.
I came to canada on SOWP 19 months ago with my spouse (Study Permit) and kid (Visitor record). Now my spouse has got his PGWP but his job isn’t supervisory level and it may take 2-3 months till he gets promoted.
Problem is my and kid visas expiring in March and we both have a scheduled visit outside canada for 3 weeks in Feb.
What r our options?
Should we apply for TRV extension now so that when we come back we have sufficient visa expiry instead of few days left at Immgration.
Should I also apply for Visitor record extension of my kid? It takes around 100 days currently.
Or is there any other suggestions please?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
TRV and visitor record extensions are completely pointless if you leave the country as they are invalidated at that point.

If you do not currently have a valid multiple-entry TRV and leave Canada, you need a new TRV.

Reactions: Princes2020