+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record extension refused

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Does your refusal letter say that you must leave Canada immediately?

Is your TRV still valid?
My trv expired 1 Nov 2018
Yes it's mentioned there
But I checked on CIC website , it's mentioned there that from the day of refusal of visitor extension I have 90 days to apply for restoration
Is it right ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My trv expired 1 Nov 2018
Yes it's mentioned there
But I checked on CIC website , it's mentioned there that from the day of refusal of visitor extension I have 90 days to apply for restoration
Is it right ?
The information published on the IRCC website is generic. Your refusal letter is what you must adhere to.

You need to leave Canada immediately or max. within 30 days. You cannot apply to restore your visitor status

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
The information published on the IRCC website is generic. Your refusal letter is what you must adhere to.

You need to leave Canada immediately or max. within 30 days. You cannot apply to restore your visitor status
I talked with a lawyer she said you can apply for the restoration
And I read on the other forum thread some one mentioned you can apply for the restoration

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I talked with a lawyer she said you can apply for the restoration
And I read on the other forum thread some one mentioned you can apply for the restoration
Your lawyer will be paid her fees and that's all she cares about.

You are missing the point. Not everyone can apply for restoration of status. What you read on another thread was applicable to that person.

Your letter says you must leave Canada immediately, doesn't it?

How long have you been in Canada? And the reason for extending your stay?

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018

You are missing the point. Not everyone can apply for restoration of status. What you read on another thread was applicable to that person.

Yes it's mentioned to leave Canada

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018

Under with condition I can apply for restoration of my stay in my situation??
For example.if I apply for a common law relationship file( spouse PR) now can I apply for restoration of my stay???

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you Scylla for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

I received the refusal today (31 October 2018). I have been on implied status since 1st September 2018.

Can you please guide me (any link or resource) as to how to go about the process for applying to restore my status.

Thanks.
Have you applied for the restoration???
Did you got it ?

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
I got refusal letter today.
It says immediately.
Is it deportation order?
You can apply for the restoration of the status
I met 2 3 lawyers ,they all said you can apply for the restoration with in 90 days of the refusal letter of the extension
Don't worry ,you will be ok
I am in same situation

makimaki

Jun 26, 2018
Thank you for reply.
So,if I send restoration request,The order does not change?
CIC website says departure order is automatically changed into deportation order after 30 days.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
You can apply for the restoration of the status
I met 2 3 lawyers ,they all said you can apply for the restoration with in 90 days of the refusal letter of the extension
Don't worry ,you will be ok
I am in same situation
Have you got a response for your application to restore status?

Feb 21, 2019
In my own case, I was granted the Restoration of Status in Canada, I am currently awaiting my Permanent Residency application to be approved which is why I am keeping a valid status in Canada to follow up with the process. But now, my restoration of status/visitor record is almost running out as I was given just a few months. The date to leave Canada in written on visitor record.

So I am wondering if my Restoration of Status can be extended to continue on valid status in Canada until my PR is approved!

PR application is taking really longer than I expected and that's getting me so worried!

Is there any program I could enroll and participate in Canada to increase my chance of getting my PR application through?
Can I extend Restoration of Status?

I am confused!

Please can someone help?