+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record extension refused

abvjav

Nov 13, 2019
Hi all !
I initially came to Canada on a study visa but I dropped out due to personal reasons. Since my spouse is on PGWP, I applied and received a visitor record that expires on 31st Dec, 2019.

Since I cannot re-enter Canada with Visitor Record, I could not apply for an open work permit which requires me to give Biometrics in the process( I should leave Canada to give Biometrics). I have also applied for PR (as a spouse)with 3rd March AOR, which crossed 6 months timeline by Sep 10th of 2019. I'm totally stuck now. I wanna work to manage my finance. Can anyone guide me in this situation?

one another question is, can i apply for TRV (so that it allows me to re-enter canada) and file Open work permit at the same time?

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
Hi,

Anybody still in this thread? Wanted to know. If I hold a multiple entry visa and right now still in implied status , and receive a decision of visitor visa extension being rejected, will I immediately out of status? I meant I have a multiple entry visitor visa, so what does this mean for me? Isn't that I can just go out when the decision rejected and tried to come back few years later?

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

Anybody still in this thread? Wanted to know. If I hold a multiple entry visa and right now still in implied status , and receive a decision of visitor visa extension being rejected, will I immediately out of status? I meant I have a multiple entry visitor visa, so what does this mean for me? Isn't that I can just go out when the decision rejected and tried to come back few years later?
Ok
You have ninety days to restore your status and explain that you want to live more and wait for the reply
Or
Go out of country and you can come back anytime because you have multiple entry visa

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
Ok
You have ninety days to restore your status and explain that you want to live more and wait for the reply
Or
Go out of country and you can come back anytime because you have multiple entry visa
This is not the answer I am looking for. I don't think u can restore ur status as a visitor. Have u done it urself as a visitor? Restoring ur status?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
With a refused extension, restoration of status is highly unlikely. And it would be refused quickly. You are currently out of status from the date of you previous visa expiry. If you leave in a reasonable time frame (less than 30 days), return visits in a couple of years should pose no problem.

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
With a refused extension, restoration of status is highly unlikely. And it would be refused quickly. You are currently out of status from the date of you previous visa expiry. If you leave in a reasonable time frame (less than 30 days), return visits in a couple of years should pose no problem.
Hi,

Let's say that I found a company who wanted to hire me through BC PNP applications. One of this requirement is not to be out of status. In this regard, while they come back with the decision rejected, will I be out of status right away?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Let's say that I found a company who wanted to hire me through BC PNP applications. One of this requirement is not to be out of status. In this regard, while they come back with the decision rejected, will I be out of status right away?
Yes. It is clear that you are trying to remain in Canada but it has nearly been 2 years since you arrived as a visitor. You can’t visit forever. Is there a reason you have visited for so long? How have you funded such a long stay without working?

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
Yes. It is clear that you are trying to remain in Canada but it has nearly been 2 years since you arrived as a visitor. You can’t visit forever. Is there a reason you have visited for so long? How have you funded such a long stay without working?
Oh it is because I extended for another 6 months back In March, but they havent made decision until now. I extended until December, and two weeks ago I called CIC ( February) as currently is Feb asking them about my application. They said they are still reviewing. Lol. dont ask me why, seems like they are "granting" me implied status forever.

I still have to attend court as I stayed for 8 months month to month rental with a landlord and he didnt want to give my deposit. so I have a hearing court in April 2020. But also I got a job offered from a company who wanted to hire me, but we havent made any application yet, still figuring this out.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh it is because I extended for another 6 months back In March, but they havent made decision until now. I extended until December, and two weeks ago I called CIC ( February) as currently is Feb asking them about my application. They said they are still reviewing. Lol. dont ask me why, seems like they are "granting" me implied status forever.

I still have to attend court as I stayed for 8 months month to month rental with a landlord and he didnt want to give my deposit. so I have a hearing court in April 2020. But also I got a job offered from a company who wanted to hire me, but we havent made any application yet, still figuring this out.
would expect a refusal of your visa extension now that PNP has been refused.

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
BC PNP officer said the advertisement is not the same with what being offered. But they suggested that other than that, all things are good. I was told by the BC PNP officer and I just need to re-apply BC PNP application, and my future employer already has the ads ongoing now for 3 month and every words are going to be the same exact. He also hire a consultant this time to help with, but the lawyer does not know about the visitor visa extension thing. So, I am posting here in case anyone has been going through the visitor visa extension, looks like this guy in this thread previously went out and come back... but he seems not active here anymore.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
BC PNP officer said the advertisement is not the same with what being offered. But they suggested that other than that, all things are good. I was told by the BC PNP officer and I just need to re-apply BC PNP application, and my future employer already has the ads ongoing now for 3 month and every words are going to be the same exact. He also hire a consultant this time to help with, but the lawyer does not know about the visitor visa extension thing. So, I am posting here in case anyone has been going through the visitor visa extension, looks like this guy in this thread previously went out and come back... but he seems not active here anymore.
so it has been refused. I would not exit a Canada. Chances of being refused reentry are pretty high given how long you have been in Canada.