+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor permit

Masziyah

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,

I arrived in Ottawa in January, attached to my husband’s work permit. I was told I will get open work permit but I was only given a visitor pass. I cannot work unless I get the work permit. Anyone experienced this? Have you been able to obtain work permit? Thanks

Masziyah

Feb 10, 2021
You can't just fly into Canada and request a WP. Did you have an approved WP the last time you landed at the airport?
I meant they have given open work permit to others in the same position before. My husband already has work permit ( he is a family physician). My visa is attached to his work permit. Even our solicitor was surprised that I was not given at the airport. Can’t understand why, if anyone been in similar position and how they over come would be helpful. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I meant they have given open work permit to others in the same position before. My husband already has work permit ( he is a family physician). My visa is attached to his work permit. Even our solicitor was surprised that I was not given at the airport. Can’t understand why, if anyone been in similar position and how they over come would be helpful. Thanks
Think you have been misinformed about others in a similar position. Would change lawyers if your lawyer thought you would get an OWP on arrival without having been approved for one.