Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Storm in a tea cup, they even refuse some who have already visited Canada - so first timer is no shocker. Try again with better paperwork

qassali99

May 8, 2014
Thank you so much user828
From you experience I have documents that I did not attached with my application can solve four of my refusal issues
1- Your immigration status
2- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
3- Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
4- Your current employment situation
Did you think they can bypass or ignore the fifth one if I reapply? Despite that I traveled three times to US.
5- Your travel history

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(I would always ask that question... why go to Paris if you can go to Quebec? Why go to Seattle if you can go to Vancouver? Why go to Houston if you can go to Calgary?)
If you in Canada.

If you are in Europe/Asia then why would you try to get to Quebec City if you can go to PARIS? :eek: :D
Yes, it is true, CIC does not consider Canada the FIRST choice for a person who wishes to travel abroad from hie home country. You do need to go to BC if you may got to Norway, you do not need to go to Yukon if you could go to Lapland, also there is neither Antalya nor Costa Bravo, no architectural ancient wanders and so on, in Canada. That is why CIC does not believe that a wish to go to Canada as the FIRST designation abroad is genuine.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Regina said:
If you in Canada.
Hehehe no, I always ask that to people outside Canada :p

Regina said:
Yes, it is true, CIC does not consider Canada the FIRST choice for a person who wishes to travel abroad from hie home country. You do need to go to BC if you may got to Norway, you do not need to go to Yukon if you could go to Lapland, also there is neither Antalya nor Costa Bravo, no architectural ancient wanders and so on, in Canada. That is why CIC does not believe that a wish to go to Canada as the FIRST designation abroad is genuine.
Quite a shame.

qassali99

May 8, 2014
qassali99 said:
Dear Guys I need your advice From your experience
I have documents that I did not attached with my refused application I think it can solve four of my refusal issues
1- Your immigration status
2- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
3- Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
4- Your current employment situation
Did you think they can bypass or ignore the fifth one if I reapply? Despite that I traveled three times to US.
5- Your travel history

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I have never heard of any such rule or precedent which would suggest this but I DO KNOW someone who came to Canada as their first country ( with visa )- as their paperwork was good. Its not mandatory to visit other countries, before being allowed here, else a strong partner like US would be good enough but as the OP and many others have experienced, its not the case. All they need is the right paperwork, if travel history is missing then the other aspects have to strong ( simple as that ) Canada cannot refuse simply on that basis

qassali99

May 8, 2014
So User828 your suggestion to provide the missing papers and apply again without regard to their comment on traveling history.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
qassali99 said:
So User828 your suggestion to provide the missing papers and apply again without regard to their comment on traveling history.
Yes.

As he said and I can confirm this, travel history is not an issue if you have the correct paperwork. I know SEVERAL cases of people coming to Canada as their first choice and first (and only) ever trip abroad. Many average people don't have the resources to be travelling around and need to save for several years to do one trip (so if they chose Canada, Canada should be proud).

IMO the "travel history" only was added due to the fact that your other paperwork was not strong enough. You got stronger documents? Then it would be safe to submit them and ignore travel history (because actually there is no much you can do).

Cam25

Apr 27, 2014
professional advice for TRV applicant

Good day all....

I'm from Jamaica and I would like to know my chances of getting a TRV.
1. I traveled to Barbados and Bahamas on vacation in the past.
2. I live with my entire family here (including my common law partner).
3. I'm doing my Bachelor's degree in finance.
4. I'm working now for the past 4.5yrs in the airline industry.
5. I was deny three times USA visiting visa.
6. I don't have any child yet.
7. Since I work with the airline industry, I'm entitled to safe travels (whereever the airlines travel to).
8. I have $800CAD for (5days visit)
9. I don't have any family in Canada, so am visiting my friend (she send me a invitation letter that she will take care of my accommodation, traveling expenses within Canada while I will manager all other expenses).
10. My host lives with her husband in the providence she born in.
11. I will be traveling alone.
12. Its my first time applying for a TRV.
13. I planned to travel in September.

Additionally,
These are the documents I planned to submit with my application, let me know if anything missing or should be added:
1. My job letter
2. school enrollment letter
3. Proof of my common law relationship
4. Bank statement
5. Invitation (with proof of my friend's citizenship)
6. A reference letter from my previous school/ leaving school certifcate( to show what I was doing before I started working).

Well that's I can't think of anything else, I just want to know my chances, how much money I need to provide on my bank statement???

Thanks in advance guys.

Cam25

Apr 27, 2014
@ Regina.....if that question was for me....

I only know her throught a friend of mine who went up and married to her an is now living with her...will that be a issue to use her, because its her that I actually want to spend time with an not my friend (her husband).

Look forward for your replies!!

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
I don't know what the stats are about re applying when you've already been denied. But it is highly possible that you will be denied again. I don't really understand your huge need to come "visit" Canada?

I get a sense that you aren't being all that genuine..