File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just want to flee Sweden, I don't like this country.

Also when searching for "can iec lead to permanent residency in canada" on Google, the answer is:

No. If you want to live in Canada permanently, you need to apply for permanent residence. Use the Come to Canada tool to find out what programs you can apply for permanent residence under.
This doesn't change anything about my answer. The IEC does not give you a special path to PR. You will have to qualify and apply just like anyone else and you will be competing with applicants who have much higher levels of education and many years of skilled work experience. I understand that you want to get out of Sweden. However your current profile gives you low chances of securing PR.

Reactions: Fona

Fona

Sep 16, 2022
This doesn't change anything about my answer. The IEC does not give you a special path to PR. You will have to qualify and apply just like anyone else and you will be competing with applicants who have much higher levels of education and many years of skilled work experience. I understand that you want to get out of Sweden. However your current profile gives you low chances of securing PR.
I don't really know exatly about all rules here, but I suppose it is forbidden to help people to lie and stuff like that. But the only option for me to secure it in a much more easier way is to go there and then apply for assylum with my Iranian passport.

I've also heard something about "point based immigration", but maybe that was a little bit of what you were talking about?
I guess IEC is more complicated than just getting a closed work permit, because if now getting the close work permit I still think I have better chances of getting a permanent residency.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't really know exatly about all rules here, but I suppose it is forbidden to help people to lie and stuff like that. But the only option for me to secure it in a much more easier way is to go there and then apply for assylum with my Iranian passport.

I've also heard something about "point based immigration", but maybe that was a little bit of what you were talking about?
I guess IEC is more complicated than just getting a closed work permit, because if now getting the close work permit I still think I have better chances of getting a permanent residency.
Lying to Canadian immigration authorities will get you a refusal and a 5 year ban from Canada. Lies can be very easily discovered. You cannot fake a degree or fake work experience or fake language abilities. When you apply to immigrate, you must provide evidence / proof of everything.

Asylum is a non-starter for you and will end in refusal. You have Swedish citizenship and are not a refugee. It's impossible to hide your Swedish citizenship.

Yes, Express Entry is points based immigration. You will score extremely low with only a high school education and have no chance of being selected. Plus having at least a year of continuous and full time work experience in a skilled profession in mandatory for Express Entry.

An IEC and a closed work permit are two different things. IEC is far easier to get than a closed work permit. An IEC is an open work permit. There is no requirement to find an employer to apply and be selected. For a closed work permit, you need to secure a job offer with an employer in Canada and that employer must obtain an approved LMIA which is an involved and expensive process. As part of this process, the employer must advertise the job for at least a month to prove no qualified Canadian could be hired for the role. Most employers are not willing to go through the LMIA process.

Fona

Sep 16, 2022
Lying to Canadian immigration authorities will get you a refusal and a 5 year ban from Canada. Lies can be very easily discovered. You cannot fake a degree or fake work experience or fake language abilities. When you apply to immigrate, you must provide evidence / proof of everything.

Asylum is a non-starter for you and will end in refusal. You have Swedish citizenship and are not a refugee. It's impossible to hide your Swedish citizenship.
How is it impossible to hide it when I also have Iranian citizenship and if I manage to take myself into the country somehow? That is how I mean.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How is it impossible to hide it when I also have Iranian citizenship and if I manage to take myself into the country somehow? That is how I mean.
Seems like you're smarter than all of us here. Since it sounds like you plan on lying, you're on your own. I'm done.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are many ways to figure out that you have been living in Sweden so don’t even try it because it will lead longterm consequences. If you truly want to try and live in another country all the other countries that share immigration information with Canada will see that you lied about your status in Sweden and would see if you got a ban of 5 years from Canada, see a deportation order if you got deported, etc. Lying will have severe consequences and not only for your ability to live, study or work in Canada. It is very challenging living life on a low salary in Canada just like it is in Sweden but in Sweden you would have access to a lot more benefits. You may want to move to Canada or the US but your expectations don’t seem to be realistic of a better life. Just finding housing on a low salary may mean sharing a room with at least one other person and still paying a large percentage of your salary on housing. Would suggest furthering your education whether it be through university, learning a trade and doing an apprenticeship, etc. If you want to leave Sweden looking to relocate to other European may be your best option at the moment.

Fona

Sep 16, 2022
What is your status in Sweden? Assume you have some sort of permanent residency status in Sweden. If this is this the case chances of getting asylum are almost zero but you will face significant consequences if you file for asylum and are denied or are not admissible. It could impact your ability to travel, get work/study permits, impact whether friends or family can travel to Canada or other countries that share immigration data with Canada. This program is not meant to allow any Iranian to skip all the immigration policies and show up and secure a WP. The program was really created for those who were already in Canada when women started protesting. If people felt they were at risk if they returned to Iran then they could remain in Canada on a temporary basis. This program does not allow people to skip normal processing if they weren’t in Canada when the protests started. Iranians still should be applying for study permits if they wish to study, finding an employer who has an approved LMIA (unless job is LMIA exempt) and the apply for a closed work permit and wait to see if it is approved. Iranian’s can also apply for asylum if they have proof that they are personally being persecuted. Why would Canada allow any Iranian to come to Canada from around the world before February and get a WP and avoid all immigration programs that others from regions where there is danger or conflict must apply for? If you longterm legal status in Sweden why you should be to come to Canada and get a OWP based on protests and danger in Iran? You don’t even live in Iran. Not sure why you want to leave Sweden most would trade Sweden for Canada. If you don’t have Swedish citizenship there is a very good chance that you don’t qualify for an ETA and have to apply for a TRV to be able to enter Canada.
Read answer below please. I am not searching for assylum or anything anyway, its just the open work permit that is allowed to all iranians with a valid Iranian Passport. There is not told anywhere that the program was created for those "already in Canada". There is no temporary basis either, because after 3 years with open work permit and if one have worked, one can then apply for citizenship. Skip normal processing? Applying for a open work permit has nothing to do with normal processing, this is just an opportunity for Iranians with valid Iranian Passport to apply for open work permit. The situation in Iran is active now, its not like the rest of the places on earth with danger to live, its just open for a certain time. The lawyers have different ways to fix it.

Seems like you're smarter than all of us here. Since it sounds like you plan on lying, you're on your own. I'm done.
Read answer below and up please.

There are many ways to figure out that you have been living in Sweden so don’t even try it because it will lead longterm consequences. If you truly want to try and live in another country all the other countries that share immigration information with Canada will see that you lied about your status in Sweden and would see if you got a ban of 5 years from Canada, see a deportation order if you got deported, etc. Lying will have severe consequences and not only for your ability to live, study or work in Canada. It is very challenging living life on a low salary in Canada just like it is in Sweden but in Sweden you would have access to a lot more benefits. You may want to move to Canada or the US but your expectations don’t seem to be realistic of a better life. Just finding housing on a low salary may mean sharing a room with at least one other person and still paying a large percentage of your salary on housing. Would suggest furthering your education whether it be through university, learning a trade and doing an apprenticeship, etc. If you want to leave Sweden looking to relocate to other European may be your best option at the moment.
I have talked to lots of lawyers that tell me there isn't even any problem if I would have Swedish citizenship, the most important thing is to have an valid Iranian Passport which I have, they fix the rest, Tons of Iranians are immigrating to Canada now. Even Iranians born in EU countries that are born and raised there withEU national passports and everything have been able to move to Canada, its open for all Iranian with valoid passports no matter where you are born or have citizenship, Iranians now have opportunity until feb 2024 to obatin OPEN WORK PERMIT.

Housing won't be a problem, not a work either, I know folks over there.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Read answer below please. I am not searching for assylum or anything anyway, its just the open work permit that is allowed to all iranians with a valid Iranian Passport. There is not told anywhere that the program was created for those "already in Canada". There is no temporary basis either, because after 3 years with open work permit and if one have worked, one can then apply for citizenship. Skip normal processing? Applying for a open work permit has nothing to do with normal processing, this is just an opportunity for Iranians with valid Iranian Passport to apply for open work permit. The situation in Iran is active now, its not like the rest of the places on earth with danger to live, its just open for a certain time. The lawyers have different ways to fix it.

Read answer below and up please.

I have talked to lots of lawyers that tell me there isn't even any problem if I would have Swedish citizenship, the most important thing is to have an valid Iranian Passport which I have, they fix the rest, Tons of Iranians are immigrating to Canada now. Even Iranians born in EU countries that are born and raised there withEU national passports and everything have been able to move to Canada, its open for all Iranian with valoid passports no matter where you are born or have citizenship, Iranians now have opportunity until feb 2024 to obatin OPEN WORK PERMIT.

Housing won't be a problem, not a work either, I know folks over there.
If you have talked to a lot of lawyers then there's no point, really, in asking questions on a public forum where majority of the members are non-immigration lawyers. Just saying...

Also, I am not aware of any policy, temporary or otherwise, which allows a WP holder who worked for 3 years to apply directly to citizenship without going through PR first.

Fona

Sep 16, 2022
If you have talked to a lot of lawyers then there's no point, really, in asking questions on a public forum where majority of the members are non-immigration lawyers. Just saying...

Also, I am not aware of any policy, temporary or otherwise, which allows a WP holder who worked for 3 years to apply directly to citizenship without going through PR first.
I talked to them afterwards. You can apply for something more after 3 years not sure if its really PR, but very close to it from what I've got to me. And then you sure can apply for PR.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I talked to them afterwards. You can apply for something more after 3 years not sure if its really PR, but very close to it from what I've got to me. And then you sure can apply for PR.
Would suggest to keep talking to your lawyers then, who have more familiarity with the ins and outs of Canadian immigration. The best that you can get from a forum populated by volunteers are anecdotal and far from being expert advise. Based from your posts, it looks like you already have doubts on what's being posted here by members.