+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No the property is not rented. She lives in it.

She has 2 Fd's

She does not have any dependant children. No she does not live with her son.

My husband's collegue sponsored his mom and got her here being on same visa as my husband. So I don't understand why we can't sponsor my mother. We did it even in UK.
The UK and Canada are different countries with different visa assessment processes.

It's your call if you would like to use an incorrect term like 'sponsor'. A visitor cannot be sponsored. A TRV is not a sponsorship visa. Period

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Today's document checklist does not even say we have to show property.

It only talks about bank statements, passport and photograph and rest of visa application docs. So I do not understand how is an officer is satisfied with just these docs.
The checklist is only a guide for the basic documents.

It's pretty obvious why a government immigration website will not list the A-Z documents that will guarantee a visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
And I believe 4000 cad for 20 days would be enough according to the officers. Please let me know.

Thank you very much
Not enough. But even a higher bank balance won't make a difference because you have been regularly transferring these amounts to her account + she does not have an independent source of income

Mahveesh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
The checklist is only a guide for the basic documents.

It's pretty obvious why a government immigration website will not list the A-Z documents that will guarantee a visa
So your saying checklist is not everything?
I read everywhere that checklist is all you need to give.

Mahveesh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
She does not have any family ties to ensure she will return to India
You are right .. But what can we do cz she is a single parent from a long time.

Do you think she would be approved ?
It's a great concern for me. Please advice as to what changes to make

Mahveesh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Not enough. But even a higher bank balance won't make a difference because you have been regularly transferring these amounts to her account + she does not have an independent source of income
Yea she gets like a very less pension in her account.

Mahveesh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
The UK and Canada are different countries with different visa assessment processes.

It's your call if you would like to use an incorrect term like 'sponsor'. A visitor cannot be sponsored. A TRV is not a sponsorship visa. Period
I understand .. sorry ant that

Mahveesh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Hi Bryanna

Kindly let me know if this helps.. my mom rents a part of her house
. Can I show rental agreement... But the tenant puts cash in bank.. every month.. Will this help as personal source of income ?? Please let me know

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kindly let me know if this helps.. my mom rents a part of her house
. Can I show rental agreement... But the tenant puts cash in bank.. every month.. Will this help as personal source of income ?? Please let me know
1. Rent agreement: Okay

2. Tenant deposits cash in the bank: Not okay. Seems like suspicious deposits + not verifiable + probably low rent. No tax payer would pay the rent as cash

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahveesh

Mahveesh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Hi Bryanna.. thanks for replying ..

Sorry for the confusion. My mom said the tenant gives cash in hand. Yes you are right the tenant pays less cz it's just a room.
But isn't that obvious that she as the owner has to go back to her country cz there is a tenant in the property.

About cash in bank.
She has PF coming evry month + my transfer + cash deposited every month + interest.

Her bank account is very consistent but do we have to mention evry transaction that happens.. there is nothing different .. every month it is exactly same.

Response Requested.

Thank you very much.