+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa refusal 2019

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
Hi, My counsin's visit visa got rejected. He has reapplied with proffesional help. After 30 days he got a mail from New Delhi saying it is being processed but might be delayed due to heavy rush.
He is a bachelor and a Govt of India employee since 35 years. He wants to visit my daughter and she is not blood related to him. He has answered all the queries in the first refusal letter. Also given all the proofs and uploaded number of documents as suggested by the consultant.
How are the chances of him getting a visit visa? and how long will it take? He is waiting from past 35 days. Please help.

Reactions: Indrani krishnaraja

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, My counsin's visit visa got rejected. He has reapplied with proffesional help. After 30 days he got a mail from New Delhi saying it is being processed but might be delayed due to heavy rush.
He is a bachelor and a Govt of India employee since 35 years. He wants to visit my daughter and she is not blood related to him. He has answered all the queries in the first refusal letter. Also given all the proofs and uploaded number of documents as suggested by the consultant.
How are the chances of him getting a visit visa? and how long will it take? He is waiting from past 35 days. Please help.
As you hired a professional to prepare the new application + your cousin has reapplied, you need to wait for the decision.

None of us can tell you the chances of a TRV approval.... nor the processing time

Mrs awan

Jan 26, 2019
I got visit visa on 2 April and they applied 179 section that I will not return back to my home country what I should do now ? Can I apply for USA visa ? Will I have again biomateric if I applied for USA visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I got visit visa on 2 April and they applied 179 section that I will not return back to my home country what I should do now ?
You can reapply if you can prove that you have overcome the refusal reasons.

Can I apply for USA visa ?
If you need a US visa then yes.

Will I have again biomateric if I applied for USA visa.
Yes. Canada and the US are two different countries

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
As you hired a professional to prepare the new application + your cousin has reapplied, you need to wait for the decision.

None of us can tell you the chances of a TRV approval.... nor the processing time
He got rejected again
Reason 1. Travel history
He has travelled to UK, Neatherlands,France and to Australlia in past 2 years. what more do they need?
2. financial status
He has a Govt job but he has no personel assets like house or property. He had around 9500 CAD in his account.
The consultant says its shocking as they have given irrelavant reasons.
Please advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
He got rejected again
Reason 1. Travel history
He has travelled to UK, Neatherlands,France and to Australlia in past 2 years. what more do they need?
2. financial status
He has a Govt job but he has no personel assets like house or property. He had around 9500 CAD in his account.
Please advise.
The consultant got paid. He will certainly say that this refusal is shocking. No, IRCC has not refused your cousin on 'irrelevant grounds'.

1. After being employed for more than 35 years, unfortunately he has no movable/immovable assets to show for it. This indirectly implies that his income is low = Not a strong reason to return to India.

2. As he does not dependent family members, his savings should have been more.

3. His bank balance is very low especially if that is the only savings he has saved up.

4. His purpose of visit is not convincing i.e. to meet your daughter.

5. Also, why would someone spend almost their entire lifetime savings to travel to Canada to meet your daughter?

6. I guess his visits to the other countries were through tour companies.

7. What would also matter is which government department he is working in? And the work responsibilities that he manages

8. He is also probably close to retirement

Reactions: jddd

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
He got rejected again
Reason 1. Travel history
2. financial status
Please advise.
Question, if you don't mind, because I'm curious why your cousin's travel history was insufficient. I don't even know if this is related, just trying to understand.

Did your daughter or yourself send your cousin an invitation letter?
Are you currently in Canada? What is your status in Canada? I noticed that you went here on a TRV in April 2017, how long did you stay for?

I applied for a Visit Visa on 27th March at Bangalore VFS to visit my daughter. My flight is on 27th April. I want to reschedule my ticket to 15th May in case my visa doesn't come before Friday. Please advise whether 15th May is OK? It will be 7 weeks by then.

I am working in a government organisation and my leave is already sanctioned. Will they consider and grant me Visa before 27th April?

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
The consultant got paid. He will certainly say that this refusal is shocking. No, IRCC has not refused your cousin on 'irrelevant grounds'.

1. After being employed for more than 35 years, unfortunately he has no movable/immovable assets to show for it. This indirectly implies that his income is low = Not a strong reason to return to India.

2. As he does not dependent family members, his savings should have been more.

3. His bank balance is very low especially if that is the only savings he has saved up.

4. His purpose of visit is not convincing i.e. to meet your daughter.

5. Also, why would someone spend almost their entire lifetime savings to travel to Canada to meet your daughter?

6. I guess his visits to the other countries were through tour companies.

7. What would also matter is which government department he is working in? And the work responsibilities that he manages

8. He is also probably close to retirement
@Bryanna

Thank you very much for an eye-opener answer
We really did not know that financial asset is so important to obtain a Visa as he is having a secured job.
I, my husband and my cousin have travelled together to other countries to meet our family and friends. They are citizens of the respective countries and they invited us. (Not through tour Companies) .This is the first time he is travelling alone.

We all stay together and he is like a third parent to our daughters. So my elder daughter has invited him.

He has 7 more years of service left and he works as an Office superintendent for a Government of India owned Telecom Company which has all retirement and medical benefits.

Now he has plans to buy a property in a couple of months.

Also can my daughter and her husband sponsor his entire trip financially? Will it help?

Please suggest when is a good time to reapply?

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
Question, if you don't mind, because I'm curious why your cousin's travel history was insufficient. I don't even know if this is related, just trying to understand.

Did your daughter or yourself send your cousin an invitation letter?
Are you currently in Canada? What is your status in Canada? I noticed that you went here on a TRV in April 2017, how long did you stay for?
@Jadd
I appreciate your interest.

My cousin has travelled with me and my husband, as a group to other countries (UK, Neatherlands, France and Australia). He got his visas approved with the same financial status. So I think he took it for granted that it’s easy to get visas.

My daughter has sent him an invite.

I am in India. I visited my daughter in Vancouver in April 2017 and came back in June 2017.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Travel history is not really an issue. I just got approved today despite of only have 1 travel history and its malaysia. You just to explain better.

Reactions: Odessy

rose.mary

Mar 27, 2019
He got rejected again
Reason 1. Travel history
2. financial status
Please advise.
There are many experts here, but I think it should be your fund and assets. the amount of paid taxes and status of the one inviting you is also important I think.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

Thank you very much for an eye-opener answer
We really did not know that financial asset is so important to obtain a Visa as he is having a secured job.
I, my husband and my cousin have travelled together to other countries to meet our family and friends. They are citizens of the respective countries and they invited us. (Not through tour Companies) .This is the first time he is travelling alone.
Each country has its own visa assessment processes. Quite honestly, Canada's visa assessment is arguably tougher than most of the other visa-required countries.

We all stay together and he is like a third parent to our daughters. So my elder daughter has invited him.

He has 7 more years of service left and he works as an Office superintendent for a Government of India owned Telecom Company which has all retirement and medical benefits.

Now he has plans to buy a property in a couple of months.
Unfortunately, the reasoning is quite simple: For someone who has been employed since 35+ years, your cousin has only CAD 9500 as bank balance + zero financial investments + no immovable properties (not even as an investment).

This implies that his employment does not pay well and is not a financial incentive for him to return to India = Potential overstayer

Also can my daughter and her husband sponsor his entire trip financially? Will it help?

Please suggest when is a good time to reapply?
Greater the financial dependence on others, the lesser the chances of a TRV approval. Also, as an adult who has been working since 35+ years, he is expected to be able to pay for his entire visit unlike, for example, a young student

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
Each country has its own visa assessment processes. Quite honestly, Canada's visa assessment is arguably tougher than most of the other visa-required countries.

Unfortunately, the reasoning is quite simple: For someone who has been employed since 35+ years, your cousin has only CAD 9500 as bank balance + zero financial investments + no immovable properties (not even as an investment).

This implies that his employment does not pay well and is not a financial incentive for him to return to India = Potential overstayer

Greater the financial dependence on others, the lesser the chances of a TRV approval. Also, as an adult who has been working since 35+ years, he is expected to be able to pay for his entire visit unlike, for example, a young student
I think I got a better approach now. we will apply again only after we feel that the above said criteria is fulfilled.
Thank you. I will get back soon.

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
@Bryanna

Hi, I am back with some of the updates

· My cousin has a property (house) in his name now.

· His monthly income is increased as he got a promotion

· He has fixed amount (22,957 CAD) in his name

· My daughter got PR

It’s been 4 months since his visa got refused for 2nd time. Can he apply now or wait for some more time?

Please advise

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Bryanna

Hi, I am back with some of the updates

· My cousin has a property (house) in his name now.

· His monthly income is increased as he got a promotion

· He has fixed amount (22,957 CAD) in his name

· My daughter got PR

It’s been 4 months since his visa got refused for 2nd time. Can he apply now or wait for some more time?

Please advise
Unless he can show how he was personally able to purchase a property and more than double his savings in such a short period of time he will get refused. It will look like he was gifted money and a property. The fact that this is is 3rd application in such a short time will also cause concerns as to why he is so desperate to co e to Canada.