+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa applied in February from India status discussions

Jay1011

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I am just wondering if its good idea to send an email to visa office to enquire about delay? I have no idea how to do that? Its been over a month since the application. Too bad some ppl are getting reply within 2 weeks and some take ages.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am just wondering if its good idea to send an email to visa office to enquire about delay? I have no idea how to do that? Its been over a month since the application. Too bad some ppl are getting reply within 2 weeks and some take ages.
Yes, you can send a Case Specific Enquiry/web form to the relevant visa office if the processing time has crossed the time published on the IRCC website.

BTW processing times vary from application to application depending on the individual specifics

Jay1011

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Yes, you can send a Case Specific Enquiry/web form to the relevant visa office if the processing time has crossed the time published on the IRCC website.

BTW processing times vary from application to application depending on the individual specifics

Thanks Bryanna for the quick reply. We will wait for friday processing then only send them an enquiry. Just wondering if online applicants are able to find out which office is processing the application if its India?

sdhume

Mar 7, 2018
Hi...is it required for the applicant to personally go to vfs to drop the passport or a friend/relative can drop it?

Srinivas N

Dec 28, 2017
Hey Guys,

NEWS........!

After the no update email, i got a email for passport request to my parents vistor visa..
Applied Feb 18
No update email MAR 20
PPR mar 21
Congrats...
one more week gone..... my application (Feb-15th) still has no updates. very slow services by CIC .

Jay1011

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Any news guys? Looks like nothings happening with feb applicants? Been 20 days since the eligibility started and over a month but nothing changed. application status does not even show if they are conducting background checks. God knows what are they searching for.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Any news guys? Looks like nothings happening with feb applicants? Been 20 days since the eligibility started and over a month but nothing changed. application status does not even show if they are conducting background checks. God knows what are they searching for.
If it is 20 days since eligibility check, it is a good sign. Regarding background check, why do you want it to start? If it does, then your application will go into long haul!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied for Visitor visa on 26th Feb I haven’t received any updates so far
Do try linking your application if you submitted a paper app.

You can also send a Case Specific Enquiry/web form to IRCC to request for a decision

mshrey

Mar 27, 2018
Has anybody who has applied for a visitor visa in last week of February got their visa? I have applied on 26th Feb and the status says “we are processing your application...”

mshrey

Mar 27, 2018
Do try linking your application if you submitted a paper app.

You can also send a Case Specific Enquiry/web form to IRCC to request for a decision
I have applied it online and sent a case specific enqiry to Delhi on 24th March requesting to speed up my visa process but haven’t got any reply for that either!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied it online and sent a case specific enqiry to Delhi on 24th March requesting to speed up my visa process but haven’t got any reply for that either!
It could take up to 30 business days to get a reply. Even after that, it is the discretion of the visa office whether or not to take up your application on a priority basis. Actually, there's nothing that you can do but to wait

Hope you get your TRV soon

Reactions: mshrey