+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa applied in February from India status discussions

mshrey

Mar 27, 2018
It could take up to 30 business days to get a reply. Even after that, it is the discretion of the visa office whether or not to take up your application on a priority basis. Actually, there's nothing that you can do but to wait

Hope you get your TRV soon
Thank you for your reply and support! Will keep posted about my visa status

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Congrats...
one more week gone..... my application (Feb-15th) still has no updates. very slow services by CIC .
That's now slow for CIC slow is 5 months which I have been waiting . Still dunno how they approve visas in 1 day sometimes.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
That's now slow for CIC slow is 5 months which I have been waiting . Still dunno how they approve visas in 1 day sometimes.
you will get it IA be calm what is status inside cic account now? who knows what brings tomorrow and they gave you a call for PPR so just be hopeful

Reactions: kira260

Srinivas N

Dec 28, 2017
Are you waiting since 5 months or i am reading it wrongly!
does anyone tried to reach out to CIC over phone for long delay? will it work? my application status was changed for review 40 days back, still no PP request!

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Are you waiting since 5 months or i am reading it wrongly!
does anyone tried to reach out to CIC over phone for long delay? will it work? my application status was changed for review 40 days back, still no PP request!
You are not reading it wrong, 5 months for me and many more for some others on here! It's insane.
You cannot contact them by phone unless its inland application. you can only get an automated status of your application through the CIC general contact number if you applied outside of canada.
You can send a CSE to them and see if they reply, but if your application is with New Delhi then most likely you wont get a response.

Srinivas N

Dec 28, 2017
You are not reading it wrong, 5 months for me and many more for some others on here! It's insane.
You cannot contact them by phone unless its inland application. you can only get an automated status of your application through the CIC general contact number if you applied outside of canada.
You can send a CSE to them and see if they reply, but if your application is with New Delhi then most likely you wont get a response.
I am in Canada, can we go to Service Canada and request for the process expedite by showing the reasons for visit?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
I am in Canada, can we go to Service Canada and request for the process expedite by showing the reasons for visit?
I dunno but searching about service Canada it seems they have nothing to do with immigration.

You are in Canada! Relax and enjoy your life u will get a decision soon! Call the call center and email immigration and just ask what's going on.

Srinivas N

Dec 28, 2017
Guys no update this week also..
So far i understood, among Feb applications only 2 got pp requests. If any one got pp request share your status.
@ guys who already got PPR: have you got your stamped passports back?

sdhume

Mar 7, 2018
Hi...I need to submit my mom and dad's passport to vfs.Do i need to book an appointment with them?

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Hi,

I applied for a visit visa on 20th of Feb 2018 from India. My purpose of visit is to meet my wife and spend some time as she is doing her master's there. The processing time while I applied was 30 days. But till date I haven't received any updates. When I check the visa tracking in VFS it still says is being processed by visa office. Is there any options to check about the status.
I even tried to link the paper application to online but when I put all the required details it says application cannot be found.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hi,

I applied for a visit visa on 20th of Feb 2018 from India. My purpose of visit is to meet my wife and spend some time as she is doing her master's there. The processing time while I applied was 30 days. But till date I haven't received any updates. When I check the visa tracking in VFS it still says is being processed by visa office. Is there any options to check about the status.
I even tried to link the paper application to online but when I put all the required details it says application cannot be found.
Linking an application online is an art. It’s very difficult. Each and everything you enter has to be exact the same entered on paper.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hi,

Check the website now. The new standard processing time says 15 days.

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Hi thanks for the reply. Well I tried multiple times but no luck yet. What is the other options available to get an update or info about my application

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Hi,
I applied for visitor visa through Delhi VFS to spend some time with my wife who is studying master's in Victoria B.C. I applied on 20/02/2018. The waiting time mentioned while my application submission was 30 days. As of today no updates or messages.