+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Please keep us posted if you get any update.
No updates so far. I even contacted IRCC last Sunday. It has been 1 week since I contacted them, but I haven't received any reply.

What's also interesting, when you go to that new IRCC Portal, before you login, it shows in the bottom left: Date modified: 2022-03-15

Doest it mean they haven't modified the Portal since March 15th?

Also, in the bottom right on the same page, it shows some weird code: 3681faab9

Does anybody else sees what I see?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No updates so far. I even contacted IRCC last Sunday. It has been 1 week since I contacted them, but I haven't received any reply.

What's also interesting, when you go to that new IRCC Portal, before you login, it shows in the bottom left: Date modified: 2022-03-15

Doest it mean they haven't modified the Portal since March 15th?

Also, in the bottom right on the same page, it shows some weird code: 3681faab9

Does anybody else sees what I see?
Date modified is probably connected with the site itself and not related to the applications.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Date modified is probably connected with the site itself and not related to the applications.
Yes, I agree with you. What I don't understand is that they haven't replied for a week, when I sent them a message via the web form. Usually they reply within 3 business days, from past experience.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Online Application (new portal) for parents visit visa from India

Timeline:
Application Submitted - March 1
Biometrics Collection Letter (Biometrics Instruction Letter) - March 2
Biometrics Done - March 7 (VFS Chennai)
Biometrics Information Updated (online account) - March 7
Biometric Validity Letter - March 13
Original Passport Request - March 13
Hi
Did they stamp the passport with visa or it was done at the airport?
Thanks

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
Are you asking about visit visa or something else? Visit visa doesn't have anything to do with PR. I landed in February 2022 on work permit (PR in process) and applied for my parent's visit visa within next 3 weeks. I used my employment verification letter as I had no payslips till then. Their visa is recently approved. Although they did had US visa/travel history.
Thanks Rohan. Since I recently moved to Canada on PR, hence had this doubt related to my situation. but your response helped. Thanks.

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
1st App (GC Key): July 22, 2021
Biometrics Request: July 23, 2021
Biometrics Completion: August 3, 2021

Then heard of the CIC updates for VV applications sent prior to September 7, 2021 about IRCC portal.

2nd App (IRCC Portal): January 31, 2022
BVL and PPR: March 6, 2022
Passport Sent: March 14, 2022
Passport Received: March 16, 2022
Visa Validity: 7 years (based on passport expiry)
Entry: Multiple
Visa Office: Philippines
Processing Time per CIC site: 45 days
Actual Processing Days: 34

Mom's Age: turning 70
Funds: None shown (no bank account back home)
Travel History: None
Ties to home country: Property title, 2 children who are in their 40s, and grandchildren.
Intented Stay in the Letter of Invitation: 5 months
Reason of Visit: Reunite with Immediate Family
and explore the beauty of Canada.
Expenses: Airfare, travel insurance, accommodation, meals, etc. to be shouldered by child (inviter)
Congratulations Chelsea. I am also planning to invite my mother. Do you have any invitation template for sharing the invite in the application. If so, can you please share with me, it would be really helpful. Thanks.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Restricted: N

Label: General

Office: CPC-Ottawa

Text: I have reviewed the application.

Taking the applicant's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:

-the client has strong family ties in Canada

-the client is married or has dependents or states to have close family ties in their home country, but is not sufficiently established

The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the applicant's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Someone please help me to understand this notes.

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Hello,

My parents had applied through gc key portal earlier but, there was no response. I am applying through the the new portal and would like to withdraw current application. Hope, someone can please guide me on process of withdrawal.

chelsea

Sep 19, 2011
Congratulations Chelsea. I am also planning to invite my mother. Do you have any invitation template for sharing the invite in the application. If so, can you please share with me, it would be really helpful. Thanks.

January __, 2022

Embassy of Canada

Immigration and Visa Section

Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200 Philippines

Subject: Letter of Invitation for: ____________ (My Mother)

I am writing to confirm that I wish to invite my mother to visit us temporarily in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I am wholeheartedly inviting her to come over to Canada in order for our family to be reunited and able to spend quality time with her. We came to Canada in 20__ and the last time we had been together was way back in 20__ when we went home to the Philippines for a short visit. My mother will be visiting us once she gets the required travel documents only from May __, 2022 to October __, 2022, and your consideration and approval for us to be with her here in Canada temporarily is our greatest prayer, wish and ultimate happiness. She is turning 70 years old and we would love to show her how beautiful Alberta is especially the nature.

During my mother’s stay in Canada, I will bear all financial responsibilities including but not limited to, round-trip airfare, food, living accommodation (we have an extra room in our house for her), medical/travel insurance coverage, $2,000 allowance and any other expenses to financially support her short visit and temporary stay in Canada.

My mother has a house back home (Philippines) under her name, receiving pension being a senior citizen, and her other two children (my brothers) and all her other beloved grandchildren are back home, and she will be back there after her short visit in Canada. I will personally make sure that she will leave Canada before the expiration of her authorized stay.

My Information:

Name : ______________ (applicant’s daughter)

Date of birth : ______________

Cell phone No. : ______________

Email address : ______________

Employer : ______________

Occupation 1 : ______________

Status in Canada : Canadian Citizen

Home Address : ______________

Relative’s Information:

Mother’s Name : ______________

Date of Birth : ______________

Current Address : ______________

Purpose of Trip : To visit family

I sincerely hope and pray that the application for Temporary Resident Visa of my mother would be granted. Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you very much and may our God Almighty bless you always.

Principal Inviter

STATUTORY DECLARATION

CANADA ) IN THE MATTER OF the Undertaking

) of Assistance and Support for

) ___________________

PROVINCE OF ALBERTA )

I, _______________, of the City of Edmonton, in the Province of Alberta, Canada, DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE AS FOLLOWS:

THAT, I am a Canadian Citizen and presently residing at ____________________, the following are my personal related information:

Date of Birth : ______________

Employer : ______________

Contact Number : ______________

E-mail : ______________

THAT, I am inviting my mother to visit me and my family in Canada for less than 6 months from May __, 2022 – October __, 2022 or duration permitted under Temporary Resident Visa category, below is her personal related information:

Name Date of Birth Philippine Passport No.

______________ ______________ ______________

THAT, my mother is a permanent resident of _____________, Philippines;

THAT, I will undertake the following in support to her application for Temporary Resident Visa at the Canadian Embassy in the Philippines respectively;

To provide a reasonably adequate lodging, care and maintenance, including medical expenses during the entire period of her visit here in Canada.

To provide financial assistance and other incidental needs to her so that she will not require financial maintenance support from any Federal or Provincial assistance program.

THAT, I guarantee she will not become public charge of liability in Canada and will leave Canada on or before the day authorized temporary residency ends.

AND, I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if under oath;

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hands this ____________________ at the City of Edmonton, in the Province of Alberta, Canada.

Principal Affiant

quynhskyb

Jan 18, 2020
Good day everyone, I have a dummy question, hopefully some of you guys can answer it for me. I want to apply the visitor visa for my mom (primary applicant) and my younger brother (dependent), I created an account based on her name and started the application there - filling everything as if i was her. She sends me documents so that i can upload them. However, she does not know English very well and we answered in one of the form that she doesnt know English.
  1. Will this make the IRCC raise the question that if my mom doesnt know English, how could she apply on her own?
  2. "Are you giving someone access to your application?" I answered No because Yes would mean she needs to pay me or there needs to be some sort of legal contract between me and her, and I would need to submit that contact? She is afraid that she would get refused bc of this step because technically, she is giving me access to the application, but we say NO. Could anyone advise me how did you deal with this if you are helping your family member apply for visitor visa?
  3. If i help her apply like that (she signs and sends me all docs), do I need to fill in the IMM5713E form (Use of Family Member Rep for online application)? To my understanding, I do not. Just want a confirmation here.
Thank you so much!!

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
Good day everyone, I have a dummy question, hopefully some of you guys can answer it for me. I want to apply the visitor visa for my mom (primary applicant) and my younger brother (dependent), I created an account based on her name and started the application there - filling everything as if i was her. She sends me documents so that i can upload them. However, she does not know English very well and we answered in one of the form that she doesnt know English.
  1. Will this make the IRCC raise the question that if my mom doesnt know English, how could she apply on her own?
  2. "Are you giving someone access to your application?" I answered No because Yes would mean she needs to pay me or there needs to be some sort of legal contract between me and her, and I would need to submit that contact? She is afraid that she would get refused bc of this step because technically, she is giving me access to the application, but we say NO. Could anyone advise me how did you deal with this if you are helping your family member apply for visitor visa?
  3. If i help her apply like that (she signs and sends me all docs), do I need to fill in the IMM5713E form (Use of Family Member Rep for online application)? To my understanding, I do not. Just want a confirmation here.
Thank you so much!!
Yes you are now the representative to your mom and brother. Just need them to sign the form. If you apply through the new IRCC portal, there is a section to fill in your own info as a family member representative.

Reactions: quynhskyb

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Hello,

My parents had applied through gc key portal earlier but, there was no response. I am applying through the the new portal and would like to withdraw current application. Hope, someone can please guide me on process of withdrawal.
hello friends,

Would be grateful if some one can please help me with my query.

Reactions: 2cookies

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hello,

Just send a new application using IRCC portal, your old application will be withdrawn by system automatically