+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guy’s got VV passport request for my In-Laws and Brother-In-Law!!:) Applied on new IRCC Portal!

Applied VV: March 11th, 2022
Request for Biometric: March 12th, 2022
Biometrics Completed: March 17th, 2022 (Updated same day)
Eligibility Check Started: March 23rd, 2022
Biometrics Validity Letter: March 31st, 2022
Passport Request Letter: March 31st, 2022

Passport Picked up by Bluedart on April 2nd, 2022
Delivered to Chandigarh VfS on April 4th, 2022
In-Transit to IRCC Chandigarh on April 5th, 2022 Decision made package sent back through Bluedart on April 5th, 2022 and Update in Portal Application Approved
Checked with the old Bluedart AWB no. package shipped back and will be delivered to pickup address on April 7th, 2022

Question guy’s: Did anyone experienced the same Passport stamping at Chandigarh IRCC?
Secondly, passport stamped and returned back on same day?
Would Appreciate your replies!
That is super fast !

We applied on March the 2nd, gave Biometrics on March the 4th and still no update.

The application is stuck on background check. I have had 3 previous US visas. I don't understand what is taking so long.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
That is super fast !

We applied on March the 2nd, gave Biometrics on March the 4th and still no update.

The application is stuck on background check. I have had 3 previous US visas. I don't understand what is taking so long.
Hello. We also applied on March 4th, biometrics were completed on March 10th and no update after that.
When we applied, the processing times were 40 days. Now, when we check the processing times for the visa we applied and from the country we applied, it shows 11 days. I tried to contact the IRCC on Sunday regarding the status of our application, but haven't received any reply from them. I guess we need to wait the 40 days processing time that it was showing at the time of our application and that 40 days should be fromthe biometrics are completed, as biometrics are not included in the visa processing times.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi I read your earlier post regarding CAN+ processing- where you did have to provide financial proof. So do they ask for financial proof regardless of whether you qualify for CAN+ processing? I have travel history to Canada in the past 10 years and have a non immigrant US visa. I was asked for financial proof too. So just wanted to clarify?
They didn't ask me at the end when I gave all the details about my parents, including their valid US B1/B2 details. My checklist had no place for financial documents. At that time I was not aware of the CAN+ thing, so I uploaded those financial things in "additional documents" and mentioned the same in invitation letter.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi guys, I am unable to edit one of my older posts, so here is a timeline for my parent's visit visa:

Application Submitted: March 14, 2022
Biometrics Request Letter: March 15, 2022
Biometrics: March 21, 2022 at New Delhi VFS
Biometrics validity letter (BVL) and PPR: March 24, 2022. BVL from Ottawa-CPC
Passport Pick up: March 31, 2022 (Delay as their passport with some other country's VFS)
Passport received at Chandigarh IRCC: April 5, 2022
Passport Stamped and send back: April 5, 2022

Parent's have valid US B1/B2 so they qualified for CAN+ which has faster processing for folks who have valid US visa or been to Canada in last 10 years. You don't need to be a PR/Citizen to invite parents, I just landed in Canada 7 weeks back on temporary work permit :)
Some people on older pages were debating that too, so mentioned it.

Used invitation letter skeleton from McGill University with modifications. Invitation Letter

All the best everyone.

Reactions: Galoli_jatt

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
Nope. They would probably receive it today. Generally, its till expiration of passport for TRV. Bluedart takes 2 working days for 300 Kms :)
My in-laws got their passports back and got 10 years visitor visas!

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
My in-laws got their passports back and got 10 years visitor visas!
yeah maybe their passports were renewed recently. My parents received for almost 6 years as their passport expires in Feb 2028. As PPR letter clearly mentions that length of visa cannot be more than passport expiration date.

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
You can add a cover letter in the financial documents explaining how they are organized. It can be something like, your funds, father's funds, mother's funds and joint account.

Or you can put it all together. Just give some explanation in the cover letter. Don't think it really matters.
Thanks Rohan.
I am acting as their representative so, hope no issues in me paying their funds in CAD from my account.
Also, i was going through the options for Activity/Job Title in the profile section to select occupation for parents. those dont seem to be matching.
Hope, would be okay to just select the closest one as, there is no option which says "Other"

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Thanks Rohan.
I am acting as their representative so, hope no issues in me paying their funds in CAD from my account.
Also, i was going through the options for Activity/Job Title in the profile section to select occupation for parents. those dont seem to be matching.
Hope, would be okay to just select the closest one as, there is no option which says "Other"
I think closest can be fine. You can cover other details in a letter of explanation (in additional documents). My parents are retired, so my options were straightforward.

Reactions: prish_17

LovejitSingh

Dec 15, 2020
Hello Frens,
I am applying for super visa of my parents as their representative. I created IRCC account under my name and started a new visa application. In that application, I entered my parents details and declared myself as their representative.
My questions is, should the IRCC account be under my name or one of parent’s name?
Thanks in advance

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Hello Frens,
I am applying for super visa of my parents as their representative. I created IRCC account under my name and started a new visa application. In that application, I entered my parents details and declared myself as their representative.
My questions is, should the IRCC account be under my name or one of parent’s name?
Thanks in advance
I think it can be under your name. you put your name as representative and then create a profile for each parent.
This is how i am also filling up.

Artm_7

Apr 8, 2022
Hi! I am wondering if anyone got the same error as I did, which is "Countries or territories of residence - list your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where you've lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months".

How did you solve it? I tried to delete the application form and start again, but it did not work.
Hi! I have the same problem .(

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi All,

is there any link where i can find all the documents needed for applying parents visitor visa. Also , is there any good format for Visitor visa invitation letter for parents