+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
Guy’s got VV passport request for my In-Laws and Brother-In-Law!!:) Applied on new IRCC Portal!

Applied VV: March 11th, 2022
Request for Biometric: March 12th, 2022
Biometrics Completed: March 17th, 2022 (Updated same day)
Eligibility Check Started: March 23rd, 2022
Biometrics Validity Letter: March 31st, 2022
Passport Request Letter: March 31st, 2022

Passport Picked up by Bluedart on April 2nd, 2022
Delivered to Chandigarh VfS on April 4th, 2022
In-Transit to IRCC Chandigarh on April 5th, 2022 Decision made package sent back through Bluedart on April 5th, 2022 and Update in Portal Application Approved
Checked with the old Bluedart AWB no. package shipped back and will be delivered to pickup address on April 7th, 2022

Question guy’s: Did anyone experienced the same Passport stamping at Chandigarh IRCC?
Secondly, passport stamped and returned back on same day?
Would Appreciate your replies!

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Guy’s got VV passport request for my In-Laws and Brother-In-Law!!:) Applied on new IRCC Portal!

Applied VV: March 11th, 2022
Request for Biometric: March 12th, 2022
Biometrics Completed: March 17th, 2022 (Updated same day)
Eligibility Check Started: March 23rd, 2022
Biometrics Validity Letter: March 31st, 2022
Passport Request Letter: March 31st, 2022

Passport Picked up by Bluedart on April 2nd, 2022
Delivered to Chandigarh VfS on April 4th, 2022
In-Transit to IRCC Chandigarh on April 5th, 2022 Decision made package sent back through Bluedart on April 5th, 2022 and Update in Portal Application Approved
Checked with the old Bluedart AWB no. package shipped back and will be delivered to pickup address on April 7th, 2022

Question guy’s: Did anyone experienced the same Passport stamping at Chandigarh IRCC?
Secondly, passport stamped and returned back on same day?
Would Appreciate your replies!
That's the case with my parents passport too. Their passport reached Chandigarh IRCC on April 5. I got IRCC portal update about approval on April 5 and passport shipped back on April 5 itself.

So Chandigarh is fast. Probably something IRCC Delhi can learn from, who retains passport for 5 to 6 business days.

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
That's the case with my parents passport too. Their passport reached Chandigarh IRCC on April 5. I got IRCC portal update about approval on April 5 and passport shipped back on April 5 itself.

So Chandigarh is fast. Probably something IRCC Delhi can learn from, who retains passport for 5 to 6 business days.
Thank you Rohan for confirming I was bit worried because that’s not typical IRCC. They like to keep people hanging there for 1-2 week for passport stamping.
Can you please also confirm if you got new AWB no. for return?

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Thank you Rohan for confirming I was bit worried because that’s not typical IRCC. They like to keep people hanging there for 1-2 week for passport stamping.
Can you please also confirm if you got new AWB no. for return?
No I didn't get any return AWB number in separate email but AWB is present in the billing document/receipt VFS provides when they receive your application :).
I was expecting them to send an email "additional documents required"having AWB, I received that in 2 months back during my stamping (went to Delhi for work permit stamping).

Delhi is pathetic, no wonder they take 1+ year to process work permit applications while Edmonton CPC pushes out work permits within 5 to 6 weeks (even during Aug/Sep 2021).My parents qualified for CAN+ and their visa was processed in Ottawa CPC, otherwise if it went to Delhi might have taken months.

Last edited:

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
No I didn't get any return AWB number in separate email but AWB is present in the billing document/receipt VFS provides when they receive your application :).
I was expecting them to send an email "additional documents required"having AWB, I received that in 2 months back during my stamping (went to Delhi for work permit stamping).

Delhi is pathetic, no wonder they take 1+ year to process work permit applications while Edmonton CPC pushes out work permits within 5 to 6 weeks (even during Aug/Sep 2021).My parents qualified for CAN+ and their visa was processed in Ottawa CPC, otherwise if it went to Delhi might have taken months.
I Just checked the VFS receipt and AWB No. are there. I know even we were expecting different email for AWB no., as my wife also got her PR visa stamped in August 2021 at Delhi IRCC.

That true Delhi IRCC has so much delay that are just sitting on files taking forever to process. We also got Biometrics Validity Letter from Ottawa for my In-Laws.

bhaumikmca28

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Anand, Gujarat, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys, I just checked that there is something known as CAN+ visa processing. If you have visited Canada in last 10 years or if you currently have valid US non-immigrant visa. Under this, visas are processed on priority basis and people generally get results in 3 to 5 working days. Their case is generally processed in CPC, rather than local visa offices which are pathetic (Delhi IRCC takes 5 to 6 working days just to put visa sticker for approved cases, so you can imagine). They also don't need to submit any financial documents, probably that's the reason why many people didn't had the financial document section for uploading.

I was mentioning it here as I saw many posts/conversation where people mentioned having US visa does not have any impact on US visa process. So I am not sure how many people dont know about it. I don't know the situation due to COVID, but getting US visa was quite straightforward. One can give US visa interview, can give reason like holiday in Hawaii, and kids would be joining from Canada. Get US visa and then apply for Canadian visa, when you are sure it would be processed in Canada CPC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=877&top=16

https://www.uiis.ca/visitor-visa-can/#:~:text=Answer: CAN+ is a program,of their Canadian visa application.
Nice information. Thank you for sharing

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Nice information. Thank you for sharing
No problem. Actually I read about this thing from someone's comment on page 65 of this question about CAN+ and then I googled, so credit where it's due :).

But was a bit surprised many people did not knew about it even though CAN+ is not very visible even on Canada's website. As many people told me having US visa has no impact on Canadian visa process, you have to prove financial ties with country like what not.

ShahidWS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Applied via new portal for my parents visit visa on 17th Feb 2022. Got biometrics letter on 18th Feb and it was submitted on 8th Mar 2022.
I noticed that the biometrics number and date were updated the same day under the Application information section on the top right corner.
However when I scroll down, it still says 'We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.'

I've read about this earlier and I believe it is a glitch. But is there anyone else who has faced this problem? Its almost been a month now

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Hello All,

I am filling out profile section for my parents and need some help.
For the funds, do we need to mention individual funds separately for each parent or, we can sum up the total both parents have and provide that same figure in each parents profile section.
In case we need to mention separate figures, how do we add up funds under joint account.
e.g. If Father has X CAD in his accounts, Mother has Y CAD in her account and lets say Z CAD in joint account, how do we mention the figures in each profile.
e.g. Can we mention X + Z in Father's profile and Y + Z in mother's or, it would be X + Y + Z in both profiles.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hello All,

I am filling out profile section for my parents and need some help.
For the funds, do we need to mention individual funds separately for each parent or, we can sum up the total both parents have and provide that same figure in each parents profile section.
In case we need to mention separate figures, how do we add up funds under joint account.
e.g. If Father has X CAD in his accounts, Mother has Y CAD in her account and lets say Z CAD in joint account, how do we mention the figures in each profile.
e.g. Can we mention X + Z in Father's profile and Y + Z in mother's or, it would be X + Y + Z in both profiles.
You can add a cover letter in the financial documents explaining how they are organized. It can be something like, your funds, father's funds, mother's funds and joint account.

Or you can put it all together. Just give some explanation in the cover letter. Don't think it really matters.

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........

Bro. did you receive the passport back for your parents? How long is the visa for?
Thank you!

IamBeingPatient

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Nope. They would probably receive it today. Generally, its till expiration of passport for TRV. Bluedart takes 2 working days for 300 Kms :)
Hi I read your earlier post regarding CAN+ processing- where you did have to provide financial proof. So do they ask for financial proof regardless of whether you qualify for CAN+ processing? I have travel history to Canada in the past 10 years and have a non immigrant US visa. I was asked for financial proof too. So just wanted to clarify?

nileshrayani

Star Member
Aug 1, 2021
Hi I read your earlier post regarding CAN+ processing- where you did have to provide financial proof. So do they ask for financial proof regardless of whether you qualify for CAN+ processing? I have travel history to Canada in the past 10 years and have a non immigrant US visa. I was asked for financial proof too. So just wanted to clarify?
I wasnt asked ! i had canada visa issued in the past 10 years and have valid US non immigrant visa.