+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello,

My parents had applied through gc key portal earlier but, there was no response. I am applying through the the new portal and would like to withdraw current application. Hope, someone can please guide me on process of withdrawal.
Hi prish,

When you say there was no response, how long did you parents wait?
I applied through new IRCC portal for my mother in law on March 4th, biometrics were completed on March 10. Since then, I had no update on my visa application. My mother in law lives in Russia. I have applied as her, so she is the direct applicant.

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
Hello everyone! My mom recieved her ppr today.

Timeline is as follows:
1st application - nov 2020
2nd application - oct 31, 2021
Dad’s ppr - 17th feb 2022
Mom’s ppr - 14th mar 2022 (1st application withdrawn on mar 9th)
All the best to everyone here!!!
Congratulations!! I have a query, can we raise a new application in IRCC portal while having 1st application in process in IRCC portal itself ? I initially raised my mother's visitor visa application without my invite, now I want to raise another application with my invite in it. Kindly suggest.

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
I have a query, can we raise a new application in IRCC portal while having 1st application in process in IRCC portal itself ? I initially raised my mother's visitor visa application without my invite, now I want to raise another application with my invite in it. Kindly suggest. Thanks in Advance

Riti132

Apr 8, 2022
was it trv? n county plz
Can you please If first application was in old portal and the next application on IRCC new portal?
Did the first application not get automatically withdrawn when you applied for the new one?
Will be very helpful to understand. Thanks!

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Can you please If first application was in old portal and the next application on IRCC new portal?
Did the first application not get automatically withdrawn when you applied for the new one?
Will be very helpful to understand. Thanks!
i haven’t reapplied yet…what i have read from this forum is that if you reapply, old application get withdrawn automatically when they start considering your new application ( n not immediately when you reapply), but refund of first application fee is not guaranteed

Reactions: prish_17

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Hi prish,

When you say there was no response, how long did you parents wait?
I applied through new IRCC portal for my mother in law on March 4th, biometrics were completed on March 10. Since then, I had no update on my visa application. My mother in law lives in Russia. I have applied as her, so she is the direct applicant.
Hello maxmtl, since july 21, no update on the old application.

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
Is it 10Year flat visa or Expr. date matching with passport Expr date .
Usually visa issued till end date of Passport validity
Yeah they got their new passports in January 2022, so visas are valid until January 2032.

Jyaro1

Apr 18, 2019
Hi All,
I submitted visitor visa application for my Parents today. Made father as principal application and mother as dependent. After few hours of submission, I received the biometric collection letter for my Father but not for my Mother.
Anything happen like this to someone else? What can be the reason of not receiving biometric letter for my mom?

Reactions: 2cookies

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all, i applied for my parents and they are in Turkey. It says processing time for TRV is about 240 days. Is this correct? Can I request to expedite it? This is redicilously long.....how can I do sth as my parents are getting old and I worry I cannot see them. What can I do to expedite? Other cpuntries are 2 months in average but ours 8 months. Please help me as I am so confused and worry for my parents

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all, i applied for my parents and they are in Turkey. It says processing time for TRV is about 240 days. Is this correct? Can I request to expedite it? This is redicilously long.....how can I do sth as my parents are getting old and I worry I cannot see them. What can I do to expedite?
Hi
This can be less of some cases. If you submitted all the required documents then be positive. Some received their visa within week or month...
Regarda
Nadeem

Reactions: Parisuzy

a2707

Jan 9, 2020
Hi everyone,

I had applied for my mom's visitor visa on the new IRCC portal on Jan 13th 2022, she is in India.
I havent heard anything back yet.
We used her old biometrics from her previous TRV.
Can anyone share any timelines that they may have?

Thank you

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everyone,

I had applied for my mom's visitor visa on the new IRCC portal on Jan 13th 2022, she is in India.
I havent heard anything back yet.
We used her old biometrics from her previous TRV.
Can anyone share any timelines that they may have?

Thank you
Hi
Applied end March with bio then nothing yet

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Hi all, i applied for my parents and they are in Turkey. It says processing time for TRV is about 240 days. Is this correct? Can I request to expedite it? This is redicilously long.....how can I do sth as my parents are getting old and I worry I cannot see them. What can I do to expedite? Other cpuntries are 2 months in average but ours 8 months. Please help me as I am so confused and worry for my parents
same in my case, processing time is showing as 200 days.
no application update 1 month gone already.

Reactions: Parisuzy