+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Hello,
I have applied visitor visa application from India on September 28th using GC key. Here, I'm seeing the new application process through IRCC portal and people are getting approval in few weeks. Do I need to submit a new application through IRCC account or application through GC key (cic) is sufficient. Please advise.

stcr102

Mar 30, 2020
My case, maybe useful for some.
Inviter: study permit holder
invitees: spouse and kids
first Application: March 2021, biometrics done, then under processing forever :D

Resubmit to IRCC portal: 13/9 -> 27/9 passport requested/approved
UCI: use the previous ones in GCKey, after submitting and pay $100/applicant -> automatically recognize biometrics information.
Reason: To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
Finance: around 20k
Explanation letter: Why visit at this time, travel plan in detail + vaccine records

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.
Did you receive a biometric letter after submission?

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
I want to update my timeline

September 28 - Passport Request / Approved

no medical requested, nothing at all. Well. Next step is Quarantine Procedure and looking for cheap flights now!
Did you receive the biometric letter?

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Hello,
I have applied visitor visa application from India on September 28th using GC key. Here, I'm seeing the new application process through IRCC portal and people are getting approval in few weeks. Do I need to submit a new application through IRCC account or application through GC key (cic) is sufficient. Please advise.
I believe they suggest to reapply with the new portal

jsandy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013

no medical requested, nothing at all. Well. Next step is Quarantine Procedure and looking for cheap flights now!
Hii... Just checked ur timeline. I have few concerns if you can help me in that. actually i want to apply for my parents who already visited us in Canada. Just wanted to know did you apply for written authorization at the same time (Visitor Visa application).. What did you submit in travel exemption. i did not find any details about IMM 5645 in that. did you apply under new portal. thanks

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Hii... Just checked ur timeline. I have few concerns if you can help me in that. actually i want to apply for my parents who already visited us in Canada. Just wanted to know did you apply for written authorization at the same time (Visitor Visa application).. What did you submit in travel exemption. i did not find any details about IMM 5645 in that. did you apply under new portal. thanks
I didnt apply for the written authorization. I applied using the new portal.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Did anybody apply for a Visitor visa with the new IRCC Portal from India? What are the processing times?

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary

Hi dear, I applied for my Mother today, I have a Question, do we need to book for Biometric or they're gonna send us appointment date ?
Thank you

Bennie__

Star Member
Aug 13, 2021
Hi, my mom’s biometrics was given September 2020 and we have been waiting for passport request, do we still need to reapply as stated be IRCC?

superMK

Feb 23, 2021

Update: Parents got their passport. They gave them a 10yrs multiple visa. Travelling to Canada by next week. Will update the thread about about Covid 19 testing etc.