+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Hi, my mom’s biometrics was given September 2020 and we have been waiting for passport request, do we still need to reapply as stated be IRCC?
they advise to re-apply using the new portal. But they dont guarantee that they will give refund

Jhonaaq

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021
I applied two weeks for visitor visa via the new portal still no updates ,i am outland ,this portal leads to a few documents to upload ,what does so mean?did they facilitate the process .i completed biometrics.

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hello people,

I applied for my father in law and mother in law on 03 October 2021, Biometrics requested on 04 October 2021, biometrics given on 05 October 2021. Next day biometrics updated on both application, i can see both information on their application, but my father in laws current status have not changed, still showing "Your action is required" but mother in laws current status changed to "Submitted".
Anyone encountered similar situation?

Many Thanks

ruchin30

Feb 9, 2018
Update: Parents got their passport. They gave them a 10yrs multiple visa. Travelling to Canada by next week. Will update the thread about about Covid 19 testing etc.
Great News, Congratulations. I applied for my parents yesterday through ircc portal and their biometrics was already done before and is valid. Can you suggest how did you prove your parents roots to india and assured that they will return back to India. My both the parents are retired dont have a job. But, I have shown their property document, existing homeloan, car ownership, pension paper and written a note They are eligible for supervisa, they could have applied for that if the plan was to stay for long, They are applying trv only since their travel plan is for a month"

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm planning to apply Visit visa for my brother. the reason needs to be "to Reunite with extended family..." or "To visit family/friends for less than 6 months"

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Update: Parents got their passport. They gave them a 10yrs multiple visa. Travelling to Canada by next week. Will update the thread about about Covid 19 testing etc.
did you attach proof of the Covid vaccine?

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Great News, Congratulations. I applied for my parents yesterday through ircc portal and their biometrics was already done before and is valid. Can you suggest how did you prove your parents roots to india and assured that they will return back to India. My both the parents are retired dont have a job. But, I have shown their property document, existing homeloan, car ownership, pension paper and written a note They are eligible for supervisa, they could have applied for that if the plan was to stay for long, They are applying trv only since their travel plan is for a month"
to be honest, their home ties are their dogs and cats, business and some major renovation they need to do on our house.

thats’s all we show.

Jattsingh90

Oct 11, 2021
I was applying visitor visa for my in new portal and in checklist found
“Employment Letter (current)” - A copy of a letter from the employer in canada.

I don’t understand why they need employer letter from canada for visitor visa ? Or should I upload the documents related to my father’s current employment (Business) in India?

please suggest if any one encountered same thing.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
I was applying visitor visa for my in new portal and in checklist found
“Employment Letter (current)” - A copy of a letter from the employer in canada.

I don’t understand why they need employer letter from canada for visitor visa ? Or should I upload the documents related to my father’s current employment (Business) in India?

please suggest if any one encountered same thing.
I think that's optional for those applying for Work Permit.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Ok so is this portal for work permits also ?
So what’s the suggestion leave this part because its optional or should I upload indian employment status ?
Plz suggest
In my opinion, make 1 PDF file with all documents ( except those which they already gave Upload space ) and upload them in Optional Document.

Reactions: Jattsingh90