+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Gayathry

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
hi your biometrics will show in the portal once you send your application. I applied for my mother and put in her UCI from the old visit visa application and then her biometrics got updated in the portal. Paid only 100
Did biometrics got reflected as soon as the application was submitted?

player

Jun 29, 2011
I want to update my timeline

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done
September 28 - Passport Request / Approved

no medical requested, nothing at all. Well. Next step is Quarantine Procedure and looking for cheap flights now!
Did they get visa for 6 months?

Shaminder9780

Sep 29, 2021
I keep getting this error, i have checked everything. did anyone else face the same issue?

Countries or territories of residence - list your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where youve lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months
U have to add current country and address

pavibishnoi

Oct 12, 2018
Jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
hey guys ,
i am applying visitor visa for my mother through new portal . and i am on study permit in canada.
what should i need to select:

Why do you need a visa?
1. To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily

2. To visit family/friends for less than 6 months

Reactions: datartist123

Dip_275

Jul 14, 2021
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.
@superMK My father applied for visitor visa along with my mother. He became a representative to submit my mother’s application. My father received biometric letter and UCI number generated for him but my mother application dont have UCI number generated and she didn’t received biometric letter too. Used new IRCC portal to apply. Any clue what’s going on?

sindhu1922

Nov 15, 2019
Hello,

I submitted my inlaws and 2-year-old son's visit visa application last December 17, 2020(They are in India). I am waiting for my PGWP and my husband is waiting for his PR(We both are in Canada)

1st Application: Dec 17th, 2020
Biometrics: July 16th, 2021
4 Webforms raised(no response)

After the guidelines to reapply through the new portal

New Application submitted: Sep 24th, 2021(Didn't withdraw the old one)
Biometrics updated: Sep 25th, 2021
No update yet...

Is anyone in the same timeline?

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Hi, I applied visitor visa on my parents behalf, did include my name as representative, I do not see any option to upload the invitation letter and digital photo. Something might be wrong. Any idea???

Dip_275

Jul 14, 2021
Hi, I applied visitor visa on my parents behalf, did include my name as representative, I do not see any option to upload the invitation letter and digital photo. Something might be wrong. Any idea???
Did you use new IRCC Portal l. If yes, Is UCI number generated for them after submit?

Dip_275

Jul 14, 2021
Did you use new IRCC Portal l. If yes, Is UCI number generated for them after submit?
They will use the photo clicking at the time of biometric. They asked all information for invitations in the form itself that’s why not asking for letter.

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
They will use the photo clicking at the time of biometric. They asked all information for invitations in the form itself that’s why not asking for letter.
Okay, also I included the point that I will be funding my parents visit, I will include my bank statement, and parents bank statement as support and a letter which will include all the details. Hope this is enough. Any idea what the minimum amount that I should mention

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Ok. My question is once you submitted in the portal, immediately UCI gets generated and should be visible on the profile. When did you applied?
Haven't submitted the application, in process of uploading the documents and realised that there is no option for invitation letter, hence was enquiring

Reactions: swordenium

Dip_275

Jul 14, 2021
Okay, also I included the point that I will be funding my parents visit, I will include my bank statement, and parents bank statement as support and a letter which will include all the details. Hope this is enough. Any idea what the minimum amount that I should mention
Documents are good. The amount depends on the duration you mentioned in the form to stay in canada. Personally I think 15,000 CAD is enough.