Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
sandeep7318 said:
hi AACHAK,
I read that you have submitted your wife's passport without any reply from CIC Ottawa, as I am in the same situation too, my husband is still waiting to submit his passport but I already got my visa and landing, but CIC never replied regarding changes in visa office for my husband.

my question to you is, have you faced any issues while submitting your wife's passport, as you never had any reply from CIC too, what documents did your wife submitted with passport.

Thanks in advance.
Contact the office where y sent your PP. They will redirect to new VO

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hi guys, I want to share my experience about stamping visa at another VO.

My family sponsorship application was processed by Warsaw visa office (I am the primary applicant). On October 1 I received an email with the passport submission request. According to the guidelines in the email, I had to submit my passport either in Moscow VAC or mail it in Ottawa (if I am already in Canada). But the problem was, that at the moment of the request I was in the US for an extended period of time.

I contacted Warsaw VO, explained the situation and asked for the guidelines. I submitted my inquiry on Friday and received the answer next Tuesday. They replied, that I will be able to submit my passport either in New York or Los Angeles and asked me which one would be more convenient for me. I chose LA. Two days later they have sent me a new passport request email. Basically it was identical to the first one with only difference that now it was offering to submit my passport in LA VAC (the link of their website was also provided).

Then, I prepared my documents and went to LA VAC which is located in El Segundo. And there I had some big difficulties. Upon arrival I was told, that they won't accept my documents, because they work only with temporary visas. I've tried to explain that my visa office transferred me here, but receptionist was very dismissive. I asked to talk to the manager, and only after a very long talk with lots of explanations and contacting LA consulate, the situation has been resolved. Later they told me that they have never had the situation like mine before.
Anyway, my docs were sent to the Consulate in LA. They gave me a tracking number, so I could check my passport's status.
I submitted my passport on October 8 and I received my passport in the mail on October 22.
It was very odd to received by mail, because at VAC they have told me that I will need to pick it up in their office. Also, the tracking number still shows that my passport is in the consulate under consideration.

I know it's a very stressful part, as the waiting is almost finished, but I can assure you, that in the end everything will be fine!

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
Hi all;

I got a PPR on 15th Oct 2015, I send them an email on 16th Oct to change visa office to Islamabad for my wife. I submitted my passport to Ottawa on 21 st Oct 2015. I am still waiting for the email reply from cic for wife visa office change. Could some body have an information how much time it take these days to get a reply back from cic for visa office change.. Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you...

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Did u send ur passport yet after emailing about changing visa office for your wife?

Khan112244 said:
Hi all;

I got a PPR on 15th Oct 2015, I send them an email on 16th Oct to change visa office to Islamabad for my wife. I submitted my passport to Ottawa on 21 st Oct 2015. I am still waiting for the email reply from cic for wife visa office change. Could some body have an information how much time it take these days to get a reply back from cic for visa office change.. Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you...

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
mesumrizvi said:
Did u send ur passport yet after emailing about changing visa office for your wife?
Yes, I called to CIC and they told me to send yours as soon as possible and wait for the email reply for your wife...

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
would it be ok if i ask my wife to send her passport to me as shes not in canada and i dont wanna waste few weeks for their response..

Khan112244 said:
Yes, I called to CIC and they told me to send yours as soon as possible and wait for the email reply for your wife...

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
mesumrizvi said:
would it be ok if i ask my wife to send her passport to me as shes not in canada and i dont wanna waste few weeks for their response..
I was thinking like that, but its not recommended. As its clearly mention in the PPR email as follow...

If you or any of your accompanying family members are outside Canada or the United States, please disregard the following instructions and contact CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office.

1. Gather the following documents:

ÿ Passport(s)
ÿ One copy of this letter
ÿ One self-addressed envelope* with your complete mailing address for us to return your passport(s) and Confirmation(s) of Permanent Residence
ÿ One envelope* addressed to our office to send your package
*Please refer to the instructions in the table below.

Because if you ask for your wife passport there will be no Canada entry stamp on her passport. They might deduct it. So its better to wait instead of putting your self in troubles.. My suggestion.. anyway good luck for your PPR

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
thanks for ur feedback brother

Khan112244 said:
I was thinking like that, but its not recommended. As its clearly mention in the PPR email as follow...

If you or any of your accompanying family members are outside Canada or the United States, please disregard the following instructions and contact CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office.

1. Gather the following documents:

ÿ Passport(s)
ÿ One copy of this letter
ÿ One self-addressed envelope* with your complete mailing address for us to return your passport(s) and Confirmation(s) of Permanent Residence
ÿ One envelope* addressed to our office to send your package
*Please refer to the instructions in the table below.

Because if you ask for your wife passport there will be no Canada entry stamp on her passport. They might deduct it. So its better to wait instead of putting your self in troubles.. My suggestion.. anyway good luck for your PPR

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
mesumrizvi said:
thanks for ur feedback brother
Yesterday got a reply from cic for visa office change...!!!

Edward F.

Jul 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
12-20-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2016
LANDED..........
waiting
Khan112244 said:
Yesterday got a reply from cic for visa office change...!!!
Hi Khan,

I'm here in Canada and my family are in the Philippines. I submitted my passport to Ottawa with a letter requesting for change of visa office of my wife and daughter. I received my passport today with stamped visa but until now there's no reply from Ottawa about the change of visa office of my dependents. Is it ok for me to do the landing even if my accompanying family or dependents don't have their PR visa? it says on the CIC letter that came together with my COPR,

"if we have informed you that the Permanent Resident Visa for any of your accompanying family members will be issued by a different visa office, you cannot become PR until that visa office has issued the Permanent Resident Visa to your family members. Please wait for the visa office to issue the Permanent Resident Visa to your family members before you go to a CIC office or a port of entry to become a PR."

cecjune3

Star Member
May 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
anyone requested change of visa office for stamping recently? how long does it take to get a reply from cic?

cecjune3

Star Member
May 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
anyone? sent request on feb. 3rd, still no reply yet.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Hi cecjune3. Did you get any response? What is your time line for VO change? Please share. Thanks.

nexus01

Aug 4, 2014
Hi All,

Presently am in UK and my dependants are in India. So we requested CHC-delhi to facilitate visa stamping for me from UK and stamping for dependants from CHC- India. fingers crossed expecting a reply from them.

Any one have an idea how long it takes for stamping in UK since my UK visa ends on May 10 (around only one month i have). Please let me know.

shruti122

Apr 26, 2016
Hi,

I would like to know which is the VFS Equivalent office in the USA for submitting passports for stamping and the locations ?

Thank you very much,

Shruti Kulkarni