+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Rejection Reason

varun29

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hello All

I completed my masters in CSE in the year 2014(degree mentions the completion year as 2013) and had been working since 2014 as Assistant Prof in CSE department with only gap in the year 2016.

I have got conditional offer letter for Post Graduate Diploma in Project Mgmt and Strategic Leadership from Lambton college (ontario).

My concern is with visa approval for this course. Although the consultants I applied through are quite sure that things will work out with approving of visa but I'm getting concerned with it because of my teaching career.

Please give your views on it and if I should ask my consultant to apply for another course as well. Anyone with the same profile applying for the same course, plz comment.

thanks and regards
Ney
In my opinion, I suggest not to got with project management, thats what happen with me. Because it does not link with our professor job. Convincing VO would be difficult with it. My new agent suggested me, out of four courses, Entrepreneurship Management Program in George Brown College. He told that it have better chance to get Visa.

You have to take only GRADUATE CERTIFICATE programs as you over-qualified. You can also take course which is linked with computer engineering.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
People like my profile are rare and i don't know any as most people are bachelor degree holders. But that's all VO want that I've to leave canada? Then why did he write about previous studies/ employment etc
if we observe scenario practically, people like your profile has also got visa. on the other hand, profile of some candidates go in hands of such VO and they get rejection..you are now bound to give satisfactory justification of his concerns in your next application. he raised point of employment bcz he doubts that if you are leaving job just to study, you will definitely settle there ..even he knows that nobody wants to come back after study but we have to convince him that i will come back..they want to hear lie from us genuinelly..this is how this system works..one side they are shouting that they need man power and people who have canadian degrees and experience..on the other hand they also want that we should leave country at the end of studies..:)

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello All

I completed my masters in CSE in the year 2014(degree mentions the completion year as 2013) and had been working since 2014 as Assistant Prof in CSE department with only gap in the year 2016.

I have got conditional offer letter for Post Graduate Diploma in Project Mgmt and Strategic Leadership from Lambton college (ontario).

My concern is with visa approval for this course. Although the consultants I applied through are quite sure that things will work out with approving of visa but I'm getting concerned with it because of my teaching career.

Please give your views on it and if I should ask my consultant to apply for another course as well. Anyone with the same profile applying for the same course, plz comment.

thanks and regards
Ney
The program of PGD is good but the course you going for might get you refused for a course mismatch or irrelevance to your previous studies or work experience. Its advisable to do something in line with either your previous studies or work experience. Some agents are sometimes short of an unforseen miatakes

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
In my opinion, I suggest not to got with project management, thats what happen with me. Because it does not link with our professor job. Convincing VO would be difficult with it. My new agent suggested me, out of four courses, Entrepreneurship Management Program in George Brown College. He told that it have better chance to get Visa.

You have to take only GRADUATE CERTIFICATE programs as you over-qualified. You can also take course which is linked with computer engineering.
M nt quite sure wt "graduate course" means coz even diploma courses are of the same duration. I means 1 or 2 yrs courses. Wts the difference? I visited george brown college website n undr program finder option for computer/engineering field, all the programs are under diploma category.
I have one more doubt abt the "entrepreneur mgmt program". Its stl a "mgmt" program. R u sure u can still apply for this program?

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
The program of PGD is good but the course you going for might get you refused for a course mismatch or irrelevance to your previous studies or work experience. Its advisable to do something in line with either your previous studies or work experience. Some agents are sometimes short of an unforseen miatakes
The program is "Advanced project mgmt and strategic leadership". I guess although its a generalised mgmt course for not being specifically designated for CSE ppl, it still doesn't make sense with my edu background and carrer as u olrdy mentioned. I had a talk with my agent but she tried her best to convince me even though I told her tht this course dsnt intrst me and I have a fear that my Visa will get rejcted too coz of the course mismatch. With ur advice as well, I shd definitly chnge my course then before it gets too late coz m alrdy on the edge of 5 yrs gap.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
The program is "Advanced project mgmt and strategic leadership". I guess although its a generalised mgmt course for not being specifically designated for CSE ppl, it still doesn't make sense with my edu background and carrer as u olrdy mentioned. I had a talk with my agent but she tried her best to convince me even though I told her tht this course dsnt intrst me and I have a fear that my Visa will get rejcted too coz of the course mismatch. With ur advice as well, I shd definitly chnge my course then before it gets too late coz m alrdy on the edge of 5 yrs gap.

Don't worry about the gap for the now, you can always explain your gap in your SOP but first thing first, address the case of your intended study

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
if we observe scenario practically, people like your profile has also got visa. on the other hand, profile of some candidates go in hands of such VO and they get rejection..you are now bound to give satisfactory justification of his concerns in your next application. he raised point of employment bcz he doubts that if you are leaving job just to study, you will definitely settle there ..even he knows that nobody wants to come back after study but we have to convince him that i will come back..they want to hear lie from us genuinelly..this is how this system works..one side they are shouting that they need man power and people who have canadian degrees and experience..on the other hand they also want that we should leave country at the end of studies..:)
Don't worry about the gap for the now, you can always explain your gap in your SOP but first thing first, address the case of your intended study
u r right :) if u don mind, can u gv me reviews abt the following colgs in terms of available part time jobs plz? This will help me alot coz once I land there, i want to manage my finances on my own. Plz suggest the gud location to go for if these colgs are at more than one location. :1) HUmber (2) Seneca (3)George Brown (4) Georgian (5)Fleming (6) Sheridan (7)Centennial (8) College of New Caledonia

yashwanthp

Jul 10, 2019
Hello Guys,
I got my visa rejection yesterday. I want to know what could be the reason behind.

My profile:
10th - 71.08%
12th - 66.4%
BE (electrical&electronics)- 7.41 cgpa
ME (power electronics)- 7.79 cgpa
IELTS : 6.5, 6 and above

3 jobs:
Research job
service job
Teaching job (current)

College selected: Georgian
Course : Project management (PG Diploma)

Highlighted Points of SOP

- educational background shown
-4 backlogs in BE and 5 in ME are shown : reason given was lack of facilities of teaching staff. But in compensation distinction of studies was shown.
-my job profile was shown
-it was clarified that after job I want to study management due to current market scenario where managerial skills are needed. so i need to study Proj mngt. Plus it has no relation with my past studies
-details of proj mngt was shown and I will be able to get govt job as outcome of this course.

These were the main points of SOP

Can anyone help me what could be the reason of rejection and what changes i had to do? Or my course has no link with my teaching job?
Finally Have you got visa?or not?....please reply me bro

yashwanthp

Jul 10, 2019
Hello Guys,

I got my visa rejection yesterday. I want to know what could be the reason behind.

They stated this statement..........

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello Guys,

They stated this statement..........

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
You are not a genuine student and have not satisfied the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Your purpose of visit and proposed study plan does not support your application as a genuine student and be in compliance with immigration regulations.

Kaur_India

Jul 27, 2020
You are not a genuine student and have not satisfied the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Your purpose of visit and proposed study plan does not support your application as a genuine student and be in compliance with immigration regulations.
Hello dear,
You can apply again and defend all reasons. Tell him how your selected course is relevant with your study.and also mention the strong reason of your returning india after study. I have seen one case who got rejected and he filed again and got selected