+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Refused, advise & help needed, plz share your experience

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
@beinghumble I completely agree with above. Dont just look to get into Canada, Look how can you enhance your career with education.
Yes totally agree with you, Im against the word private itself in the first place. I've analyze my profile, the concern is this, bachelors 2012- 64% 4 backlogs
Exp Gap of 7+ years, pg diplomas are out of scope based on my gap and public universities minimum cutoff percentage is 70%. I've already tried for 3 public universities earlier Laurentian, Regina, Algoma, didn't get the offer letter itself after waiting for months. Plz don't judge me as I'm already at my lowest point & lost in dark. I've been through many posts here & what you guys say is true & practical for the benefit of the concerned individual. Plz let me know are there any other positive options available in my case @primaprime @Mjk43891 @tapperb

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes totally agree with you, Im against the word private itself in the first place. I've analyze my profile, the concern is this, bachelors 2012- 64% 4 backlogs
Exp Gap of 7+ years, pg diplomas are out of scope based on my gap and public universities minimum cutoff percentage is 70%. I've already tried for 3 public universities earlier Laurentian, Regina, Algoma, didn't get the offer letter itself after waiting for months. Plz don't judge me as I'm already at my lowest point & lost in dark. I've been through many posts here & what you guys say is true & practical for the benefit of the concerned individual. Plz let me know are there any other positive options available in my case @primaprime @Mjk43891 @tapperb
Check out the university rankings spreadsheet in @tapperb's signature.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If you are unable to get admission into a university program and sole aim is to get visa approval then you may have no choice but to opt for one of those 'not recommended' universities e.g. UCW, Northeastern. Just know that it terms of educational value, it won't offer much but it will help your study permit application

Reactions: beinghumble

Mjk43891

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
The Minimum cutoff percentage of 70 percent isnt true. I had 64 percentage in my UG as well..... and I had received admits from UofA, SFU, Ryerson, Guelph universities.

bambee2020

Oct 2, 2020
Hi all,
Ive applied on march19, sds complete application, didnt get Aip , after 7 months got refusal, below reasons were mentioned

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied
that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.
Refused under R216(1)(b).

From ottawa.

Profile:
Btech 2012
Exp 7+ yrs in IT
applied for pg dip computer application security

Earlier 1 refusal jan2019, common reason you'll not return back to ur country.

Unable to figure out what should be done now, plz advise
after 7 months? sds is just 22 days, save your money for now, let the pandemic end first. I don't really think someone is paying real attention to our application. We should get a refund guys don't you think?

Reactions: beinghumble

bambee2020

Oct 2, 2020
After patiently waiting for 7.5 months, this kind of update shattered everything brother, I guess it was from Ottawa for u as well as almost all March files are being finalised from there, just clearing the backlog & without properly going through the profile
this is true... i don't think our application matters to them... we should get a refund guys don't you think?

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I applied on 19th March, got biometrics validity letter today.

Experts are saying that if I got the biometrics letter without AIP, it means a refusal.

This is my second application and my last one also. I gave up a long time ago and this just made the entire thing end.

As I gave up in my mind a long time ago, I am not feeling shattered. I have moved on.

I'll update my final status soon.

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020

Experts are saying that if I got the biometrics letter without AIP, it means a refusal.

This is my second application and my last one also. I gave up a long time ago and this just made the entire thing end.

As I gave up in my mind a long time ago, I am not feeling shattered. I have moved on.

For sure this is not the end of the world, we must move on. But I know it's quite frustrating to wait for such a long time for a refusal but we will get something better than this, so cheer up!

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
For sure this is not the end of the world, we must move on. But I know it's quite frustrating to wait for such a long time for a refusal but we will get something better than this, so cheer up!
Yeah, I gave up a long time ago, so this would be a mere formality.

I've made all arrangements to go to UK.

I just need some decision from these people.

Reactions: Khanasma

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020

Have you got the update?

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Sorry to hear that......I believe there are many in our clan that just got refused after so long with the shitiest reasons possible
Had they refused in 20 days, I could have lived with it. They refused me after 198 days of waiting, that was the painful bit.

Anyway, Canada has silly reasons to refuse people. God knows what they do.

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Had they refused in 20 days, I could have lived with it. They refused me after 198 days of waiting, that was the painful bit.

Anyway, Canada has silly reasons to refuse people. God knows what they do.
Exactly I had the same feeling, it effected everything in my mind