+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Refused, advise & help needed, plz share your experience

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi all,
Ive applied on march19, sds complete application, didnt get Aip , after 7 months got refusal, below reasons were mentioned

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied
that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.
Refused under R216(1)(b).

From ottawa.

Profile:
Btech 2012
Exp 7+ yrs in IT
applied for pg dip computer application security

Earlier 1 refusal jan2019, common reason you'll not return back to ur country.

Unable to figure out what should be done now, plz advise

Last edited:
Reactions: Saiteja123

ketul32

Feb 11, 2020
Go for Masters if possible instead of PG course as you have more than 7 years of gap. Better you change the college / province if you try third time..

Reactions: Mjk43891

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
I've got update in gc portal a day after refusal, when checked nothing was changed, was it normal? Does any seniors know anything about it

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
I've got update in gc portal a day after refusal, when checked nothing was changed, was it normal? Does any seniors know anything about it
I've checked on forum some decisions were overturned after refusal also eralier, nothing to be sure about as ircc is very unpredictable in their decisions these days

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Go for Masters if possible instead of PG course as you have more than 7 years of gap. Better you change the college / province if you try third time..
Thanks for ur response, I've seen people on the forum & other platforms with 10+yrs of exp also getting Aip approvals with pg diplomas, not sure how can that be considered by VO then, plz correct me if I'm wrong

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Thanks for ur response, I've seen people on the forum & other platforms with 10+yrs of exp also getting Aip approvals with pg diplomas, not sure how can that be considered by VO then, plz correct me if I'm wrong
Those are not usual cases
For college diplomas the acceptable gap is no longer than 5 years but there are always exceptions
But now as you already have 2 rejections, your chances of getting admission in a Diploma are improbable
So getting into a Master’s degree is a better try if u haven’t done it already

Reactions: beinghumble

Naquiv8

Sep 25, 2020
Whats ur timeline, profile & when was it refused brother
Applied on March 9th , got a refusal after 7 months, i.e 25th September and it gave me one of the same reasons as you(the first one)

Im a Bcom graduate year 2013-2016 and applied with 2 years of work experience for international business management

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Applied on March 9th , got a refusal after 7 months, i.e 25th September and it gave me one of the same reasons as you(the first one)

Im a Bcom graduate year 2013-2016 and applied with 2 years of work experience for international business management
After patiently waiting for 7.5 months, this kind of update shattered everything brother, I guess it was from Ottawa for u as well as almost all March files are being finalised from there, just clearing the backlog & without properly going through the profile

• Sad
Reactions: jmjrose

Naquiv8

Sep 25, 2020
After patiently waiting for 7.5 months, this kind of update shattered everything brother, I guess it was from Ottawa for u as well as almost all March files are being finalised from there, just clearing the backlog & without properly going through the profile
You think reapplying would help us? Or is it just a waste of attempt

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
You think reapplying would help us? Or is it just a waste of attempt
I am not sure brother, in my case gap is more than 5 yrs & in urs , since ur gap is less, it seems favourable to reapply by justfying the refusal reasons, that's my opinion, but on the contrary I have seen people getting AIP at age 34+ for pg dip, exp more than 10yrs , only people who have in depth knowledge from the forum can help us understand this better