+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Refused, advise & help needed, plz share your experience

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I am not sure brother, in my case gap is more than 5 yrs & in urs , since ur gap is less, it seems favourable to reapply by justfying the refusal reasons, that's my opinion, but on the contrary I have seen people getting AIP at age 34+ for pg dip, exp more than 10yrs , only people who have in depth knowledge from the forum can help us understand this better
Where have you seen that? The only people who will generally be approved for PGDs are those in their early 20s who have just finished their bachelor's and don't have much work experience.

As always, my advice is to go for a master's degree.

Reactions: Mjk43891

Mjk43891

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
I am not sure brother, in my case gap is more than 5 yrs & in urs , since ur gap is less, it seems favourable to reapply by justfying the refusal reasons, that's my opinion, but on the contrary I have seen people getting AIP at age 34+ for pg dip, exp more than 10yrs , only people who have in depth knowledge from the forum can help us understand this better
Go for MASTERS !! The VO knows you are just using the education path to enter inside Canada. Getting into a masters degree from a public university will guarantee you as a genuine student.

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Where have you seen that? The only people who will generally be approved for PGDs are those in their early 20s who have just finished their bachelor's and don't have much work experience.

As always, my advice is to go for a master's degree.
@primaprime I've come across Northeastern University Toronto regarding masters, can u plz let me know if u have any idea about it & pgwp after the masters

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
@primaprime I've come across Northeastern University Toronto regarding masters, can u plz let me know if u have any idea about it & pgwp after the masters
Northeastern University is in Boston, so if you want to go there apply for an F-1 visa for the US. Whatever "branch campus" they have here is a private diploma mill no employer will recognize.

Cape Breton is at least a public university. It's not reputable nationally, but I suppose if you stay in the Sydney/Cape Breton Island area it would be fine. The cost of living is much lower than Toronto and while there are fewer jobs, there is also less competition for them and the university has good links to many local employers in need of graduates.

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Northeastern University is in Boston, so if you want to go there apply for an F-1 visa for the US. Whatever "branch campus" they have here is a private diploma mill no employer will recognize.

Cape Breton is at least a public university. It's not reputable nationally, but I suppose if you stay in the Sydney/Cape Breton Island area it would be fine. The cost of living is much lower than Toronto and while there are fewer jobs, there is also less competition for them and the university has good links to many local employers in need of graduates.
Thanks for ur response bro

vivienneChen

Sep 23, 2020
I got the first refusal letter that had the same reason as yours. I reapplied the second time and am waiting for a decision now, and the processing time is longer than the regular time too, thus I become worried too.

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
I got the first refusal letter that had the same reason as yours. I reapplied the second time and am waiting for a decision now, and the processing time is longer than the regular time too, thus I become worried too.
What's ur timeline, When did u get the refusal & have u made changes to SOP by getting the gcms notes

vivienneChen

Sep 23, 2020
What's ur timeline, When did u get the refusal & have u made changes to SOP by getting the gcms notes
my first applied is 11-19 2019 and got a refusal letter on 5-11-2020, and I reapply on 6-26 and now waiting for a decision now.
I came here to change from visitors to students' status because my age is 34 and my high degree is master. I apply a college to study but with a different program. I used a marketing diploma applied the first time but I studied accounting and this time I explained well in the letter, which does matter to me for my future career. I hope this time can give me approval, I am still waiting for a decision.
I would like to share my gcms notes said:
November, 2019.On review of all information including the client's reported scholarly and/or work history, the client has failed to satisfy me that the course of study is reasonable. The realistic potential benefit from proposed study not evident in submissions on considering the client's career hist。ry.The client reportedly last worked in August 2019. After careful review, I am not satisfied that the client is not applying for unknown reasons other than studies and as such would be a genuine student.. Application refused as per R216(1). Client advised must leave Canada.

Mjk43891

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020

@beinghumble I completely agree with above. Dont just look to get into Canada, Look how can you enhance your career with education.

Reactions: beinghumble