russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
That’s terrible !!! I though it was irrelevant because they (US embassy) finally granted me the visa and I have traveled to US without a problem. So you think that with a refusal like this, even though they invite you to reapply, it will be a worthless effort to apply again?
First of all it is not irrelevant. You were still refused and on the application you are asked whether you were refused. So did you choose not the write it there or was it a mistake? Sounding more and more like a choice. You can do nothing about it now.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
You don't need to mention US visa refusal. It' not their business in Canada. Apply for gscm. Get a good lawyer to write SOP counter the reasons for your denial. Apply again
This is the worst advice I've encountered on this forum so far!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
They don' t share any information. Canada and US are have different immigration system. When I mean get a lawyer, I meant get the notes and get someone in the legal field to write an SOP for you countering the reasons for denial. It cost about $70.
Very wrong.
US and Canada share immigration database as part of their security cooperation!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/archives/backgrounders-2012/immigration-information-sharing-treaty.html

Reactions: cpadream

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I applied for a study permit, and avoid to disclose that I was refused a visitor visa to US (as a dependant) because five years later I applied again and they granted it for 10 years. Do you think I can have a problem with that ?
Why the hell did you do that??
Raise CSE right away and disclose it! Very high risk of rejection and banned from applying to Canada for a period of 5 years.
This is straight on Misrepresentation, which is the "voluntary retention of material information resulting in a gained advantage towards securing an approval".

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
That’s terrible !!! I though it was irrelevant because they (US embassy) finally granted me the visa and I have traveled to US without a problem. So you think that with a refusal like this, even though they invite you to reapply, it will be a worthless effort to apply again?
Whether or not you got the US visiting visa after the refusal has nothing to do with the genuineness and sincerity CIC is hoping to see. If the US finally allows you to enter their country after a previous refusal doesn't mean Canada will open their doors. That question asked by CIC was a test of sincerity which was proven otherwise.

If you is so lucky to escape with not been given the procedural fairness letter for misrepresentation, and asked to reapply if the outcome of your application wasn't successful then indeed your name should be Lucky and endeavour to correct your previous mistake by doing the needful.