+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa is on hold due to additional Sputum test

RAOSAHAB

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Hi Guys,

I applied for study permit on first week of July for September 2018 intake and a month later, yesterday I got a call from clinic from where my medical tests were held that I need to go through one more test named as sputum test and its result will take 2 month to come and after results need to go for another chest x ray after that only my visa application will move forwards.

I have cancelled my flight and asked college to defer my admission for Jan 2019 intake.

Do i need to do some formalities with embassy too?

Anyone with same situation?

regards
Bhupinder

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Guys,

I applied for study permit on first week of July for September 2018 intake and a month later, yesterday I got a call from clinic from where my medical tests were held that I need to go through one more test named as sputum test and its result will take 2 month to come and after results need to go for another chest x ray after that only my visa application will move forwards.

I have cancelled my flight and asked college to defer my admission for Jan 2019 intake.

Do i need to do some formalities with embassy too?

Anyone with same situation?

regards
Bhupinder
1. Send the processing office a copy of the deferment approval from the school.

RAOSAHAB

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
can you share your timeline? my sputum results will be out on 15th Nov. And 2nd x-ray date is 24th Nov. when should i file my visa?
I applied for visa back in month of July (1st week of July). On 10th August Max hospital called me and asked me for sputum test and by 15th of August I was done with samples. Last week I called back Max hospital and to check out my results and they finally said its clear and asked me to come for chest X -ray on 25th of October, I went. Today, I checked my application status and its showing "You Passed medical test", so if every thing goes well from here, I am hoping that i will get visa by end of this week.

Bhavin_vag

Sep 26, 2018
I applied for visa back in month of July (1st week of July). On 10th August Max hospital called me and asked me for sputum test and by 15th of August I was done with samples. Last week I called back Max hospital and to check out my results and they finally said its clear and asked me to come for chest X -ray on 25th of October, I went. Today, I checked my application status and its showing "You Passed medical test", so if every thing goes well from here, I am hoping that i will get visa by end of this week.
my sputum results will be out on 15th Nov. And 2nd x-ray date is 24th Nov. when should i file my visa?

Bhavin_vag

Sep 26, 2018
may i know your visa application date? was it after sputum results or after 2nd xray?

RAOSAHAB

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
may i know your visa application date? was it after sputum results or after 2nd xray?
1st July of 2018 was the day when i applied for visa and on 24th of June I went for medical. but some how clerks in hospital messed up may contact details and I was not contacted by them and then I called the hospital reception and the scheduled a call back, and then only I came to know that my visa application is stuck due to sputum test.

I believe you should apply it as soon as you get your sputum medical results as hospital or the online tool will take 48 hours to get updated with your results. Also embassy need to have some time to process your application. and by the time they pick your application, your second x ray will be done.

In case embassy picks you application to process before your second X ray results updated then they will simply put it in 'reviewing your medical result ' status and start processing it again when the results get updated. but its is highly unlikely since there is only 12 days gap between your sputum test result day and the x-ray + 48 hours to update . and the at minimum embassy takes 15 days to pick you application to start reviewing it.

since you are at very tight schedule in my opinion you should do it ASAP you get negative sputum results.

BR//
Bhupinder

Bhavin_vag

Sep 26, 2018
1st July of 2018 was the day when i applied for visa and on 24th of June I went for medical. but some how clerks in hospital messed up may contact details and I was not contacted by them and then I called the hospital reception and the scheduled a call back, and then only I came to know that my visa application is stuck due to sputum test.

I believe you should apply it as soon as you get your sputum medical results as hospital or the online tool will take 48 hours to get updated with your results. Also embassy need to have some time to process your application. and by the time they pick your application, your second x ray will be done.

In case embassy picks you application to process before your second X ray results updated then they will simply put it in 'reviewing your medical result ' status and start processing it again when the results get updated. but its is highly unlikely since there is only 12 days gap between your sputum test result day and the x-ray + 48 hours to update . and the at minimum embassy takes 15 days to pick you application to start reviewing it.

since you are at very tight schedule in my opinion you should do it ASAP you get negative sputum results.

BR//
Bhupinder
Thanks for clearing it. As i can see your medical updated only after 2 days of last x-ray in visa application. So even if i apply early they will wait for result of 2nd x-ray. I am afraid about one thing that what if i apply early and they put my file on hold due to medical results. What if they don't pick my file again after some days or how would they know that i have to pick this visa application on this particular date(after xray results)?
sorry i am asking many questions.

RAOSAHAB

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for clearing it. As i can see your medical updated only after 2 days of last x-ray in visa application. So even if i apply early they will wait for result of 2nd x-ray. I am afraid about one thing that what if i apply early and they put my file on hold due to medical results. What if they don't pick my file again after some days or how would they know that i have to pick this visa application on this particular date(after xray results)?
sorry i am asking many questions.
Its OK, I was in same situation few month back or to be honest, I was in worst where I lost precious 6 month to this bullshit .

Since entire process is done by me only no consultant was involved from the beginning, I am not sure about but I believe, this entire process is online and your application automatically get flagged up when your medical is cleared but you can always check the situation with some professional consultant.

Bhavin_vag

Sep 26, 2018
Its OK, I was in same situation few month back or to be honest, I was in worst where I lost precious 6 month to this bullshit .

Since entire process is done by me only no consultant was involved from the beginning, I am not sure about but I believe, this entire process is online and your application automatically get flagged up when your medical is cleared but you can always check the situation with some professional consultant.
Thank you. I will let you know if i have other doubts