+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa extension for a spouse

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't think they expect people with OWPs to leave the country during an in Canada sponsorship since one of the eligibility criteria is that an applicant is in Canada for the entire application.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
I don't think they expect people with OWPs to leave the country during an in Canada sponsorship since one of the eligibility criteria is that an applicant is in Canada for the entire application.
I am not questioning my eligibility as mentioned in the previous post the questionnaire in the official website says that I can apply, even after answering one of the questions “ do you have a PR application in Canada”. My questions are what are the chances of approval since I’m holding an OWP ? and how can I build a strong application with dual intent? Do I show ties to my home country or to Canada since I have a spouse here?
The checklist didnt ask for a proof of funds as a requirement or an invitation letter like a regular TRV, it is very basic ( a copy of the WP, passport, digital photo and two forms IMM 5707 and IMM 5257, should I submit that anyways ? Do I need a job offer ?

I’m sorry for asking too many questions but I honestly couldn’t find anyone that have been through the same thing

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am not questioning my eligibility as mentioned in the previous post the questionnaire in the official website says that I can apply, even after answering one of the questions “ do you have a PR application in Canada”. My questions are what are the chances of approval since I’m holding an OWP ? and how can I build a strong application with dual intent? Do I show ties to my home country or to Canada since I have a spouse here?
The checklist didnt ask for a proof of funds as a requirement or an invitation letter like a regular TRV, it is very basic ( a copy of the WP, passport, digital photo and two forms IMM 5707 and IMM 5257, should I submit that anyways ? Do I need a job offer ?

I’m sorry for asking too many questions but I honestly couldn’t find anyone that have been through the same thing
Yes you still need to show ties to your home country as you are not yet a PR holder. Your PR application may or may not be approved. If you read the links I posted, it shows that you still need to convince the officer that you will leave Canada. You have an OWP, you are a temporary resident. They expect you to leave Canada if your application (PR is not approved). And you need to show that you respect this in your application.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

As you are already in Canada, there is no invitation letter. Its the same for restoration and extension.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Yes you still need to show ties to your home country as you are not yet a PR holder. Your PR application may or may not be approved. If you read the links I posted, it shows that you still need to convince the officer that you will leave Canada. You have an OWP, you are a temporary resident. They expect you to leave Canada if your application (PR is not approved). And you need to show that you respect this in your application.
Thank you for your efforts and for trying to help. So I need to show ties to home country I get that but what about my spouse ? do i attach marriage certificate, sponsorship fees or this will show more ties to Canada? do I attach a proof of funds even if it's not requested ?