+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Chances

chunx56

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

I got an offer from Vancouver Island University for Post Degree Diploma in Business Studies. I applied for my visa on the 23rd of July through VFS Abad and its now being processed in Delhi. I am tensed because of my weak academic profile. I have shared my profile below, experts kindly kindly let me know of the chances of approval.

10th 90%
12th 60%
BE Computer 49.5% (13 backlogs) (I have explained the reason of my poor performance in my SOP)
IELTS 7.5 (R 5.5. w 8, L 8.5, s 8)
Work ex: International work experience in 3 countries (tunisia, cambodia and Mauritius) currently working in a MNC

Have a very good travel record, have been to 31 countries for travel and work and I also hold a valid 10 years multiple entry B1/B2 visa.

Your comments would be highly appreciated :)

unarmed

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
You have a very good and exceptional profile but dont ruin it by doing diploma course and that too from a university and that too from VIU , go for a reputed university and select a degree course , if you do diploma they might consider you as possible immigrant by student visa router.

regards

chunx56

Jul 25, 2014
I wasn't getting a degree course because of my low scores, I want to do an MBA and have mentioned in my SOP, that the PDDB program is a foundation stone to my MBA. I will definitely pursue my MBA by scoring well in my PDDB so that I can get into a good university like York or McGill

dannie88

Feb 13, 2014
New Delhi,India
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
upfront
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
04-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
12-08-2014
chunx56 said:
Hi Guys,

I got an offer from Vancouver Island University for Post Degree Diploma in Business Studies. I applied for my visa on the 23rd of July through VFS Abad and its now being processed in Delhi. I am tensed because of my weak academic profile. I have shared my profile below, experts kindly kindly let me know of the chances of approval.

10th 90%
12th 60%
BE Computer 49.5% (13 backlogs) (I have explained the reason of my poor performance in my SOP)
Work ex: International work experience in 3 countries (tunisia, cambodia and Mauritius) currently working in a MNC

Have a very good travel record, have been to 31 countries for travel and work and I also hold a valid 10 years multiple entry B1/B2 visa.

Y u have drastic change in ur percentages

sri650

Star Member
May 15, 2014
chunx56 said:
Hi Guys,

10th 90%
12th 60%

your chances are 50-50 apart from that B.E percentage everything is fine if you want give a try do your best

there is nowhere mentioned in cic website that you need atleast 50% to apply for study permit but for sure it will have negative impact

produce each and every document accordingly as mentioned in cic website i don't know much about sop weather they really look into that

apply for visa hope for best show strong financial support and strong country ties only thing u should worry about is course which you have selected it should be either related to your previous study or past work

All the best

chunx56

Jul 25, 2014
Finally the good news is here :) passport was dispatched yesterday and got approval email today :) thank you guys :)