+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa chances for Canada under non SDS.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello
I am S Aswath Priyan from India. I have completed BE mechanical engineering in 2019 with 7.38 CGPA (no history of arrears). I got 6 overall band with one band 5.5 in IELTS. I got admission in Northern college for diploma courses in Welding Engineering Technician - Inspection. The reason for choosing diploma after BE is.....there is no pg diploma or masters in welding engineering (Inspection). Can you please mention your opinion of chances for getting Canada visa under non SDS???
Try to get into a Master's program

Reactions: Aswath Priyan

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I would like to start a fabrication industry in India and so welding engineering - Inspection will be more useful to develop my company.I have studied BE mechanical engineering and so I would like to improve more knowledge in welding inspection specifically.
Do you seriously think that the visa officer will believe you are going to go back to India? You're going to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to travel all the way to Canada to live in a very expensive place, just to learn welding? How are you going to justify the money you will spend?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello
I am S Aswath Priyan from India. I have completed BE mechanical engineering in 2019 with 7.38 CGPA (no history of arrears). I got 6 overall band with one band 5.5 in IELTS. I got admission in Northern college for diploma courses in Welding Engineering Technician - Inspection. The reason for choosing diploma after BE is.....there is no pg diploma or masters in welding engineering (Inspection). Can you please mention your opinion of chances for getting Canada visa under non SDS???
"Welding Engineering" is not a discipline of engineering, it can be a focus or a specialization in a broader engineering degree . You can do a MS/MEng/MASc in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Chemical Engineering from a university in Canada which has a research or focus in "Welding Engineering". Do you have some work experience or some other reason to justify your so narrow and singular focus on "Welding Engineering"?

If I were a VO, I will see through this straight away. Diploma in a trade-ish discipline after a decent Bachelors in Engineering seems fishy as hell. VO should certainly object to your intention with this choice of career path.

Reactions: Naturgrl

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Did anyone got Canada visa for choosing diploma courses after degree??
Its very very unlikely. There can be weird paths like this. A guy does engineering but starts a business in something totally different. Say making cakes or something similar. After 10 years of running such business they want to learn a specialized kind of cooking --may be native to quebec. So they take up diploma course for that kind of culinary practice in quebec. That might get such a person an acceptance from VO because :
1. They have an operational and setup business in their home country.
2. Their past degree can be thought as irrelevant at this stage because their 10 years worth of experience in running a business in baking or something is now dominant.
3. The kind of training they want to get is unique and valuable due to its authenticity / source eg here quebec or a certain school in quebec.

So year, for all practical purposes, for their field they were just doing a diploma or a certificate AFTER their high-school. Their past degree can be safely disregarded. Their existing business and property in their home country justifies why they have a strong impetus to go back. So they might get an approval.

In your case, I guess you should open a business first, run it for 5-10 years and then apply for a specialized diploma/certificate course in Canada to justify why you want to do that course.