+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa chances for Canada under non SDS.

Aswath Priyan

Feb 26, 2021
Hello
I am S Aswath Priyan from India. I have completed BE mechanical engineering in 2019 with 7.38 CGPA (no history of arrears). I got 6 overall band with one band 5.5 in IELTS. I got admission in Northern college for diploma courses in Welding Engineering Technician - Inspection. The reason for choosing diploma after BE is.....there is no pg diploma or masters in welding engineering (Inspection). Can you please mention your opinion of chances for getting Canada visa under non SDS???

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello
I am S Aswath Priyan from India. I have completed BE mechanical engineering in 2019 with 7.38 CGPA (no history of arrears). I got 6 overall band with one band 5.5 in IELTS. I got admission in Northern college for diploma courses in Welding Engineering Technician - Inspection. The reason for choosing diploma after BE is.....there is no pg diploma or masters in welding engineering (Inspection). Can you please mention your opinion of chances for getting Canada visa under non SDS???
Doing a diploma after BE doesn't make sense and will negatively affect your chances. The reason why there is no Welding Engineering PG or Master's is.... because it's not needed. It's a trade-orientated field where experience is more valuable than academic knowledge. You will have to explain all of this and how this will help you back in India

Aswath Priyan

Feb 26, 2021
Doing a diploma after BE doesn't make sense and will negatively affect your chances. The reason why there is no Welding Engineering PG or Master's is.... because it's not needed. It's a trade-orientated field where experience is more valuable than academic knowledge. You will have to explain all of this and how this will help you back in India
If my SOP is strong...is it possible to get Canada visa under non SDS.

Aswath Priyan

Feb 26, 2021
What is your justification for taking a lower level of study in a foreign country and how will it benefit you in India?
I would like to start a fabrication industry in India and so welding engineering - Inspection will be more useful to develop my company.I have studied BE mechanical engineering and so I would like to improve more knowledge in welding inspection specifically.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I would like to start a fabrication industry in India and so welding engineering - Inspection will be more useful to develop my company.I have studied BE mechanical engineering and so I would like to improve more knowledge in welding inspection specifically.
And how would you answer the questions as to why you want to pursue a program in Canada? Wouldn't an Indian welding program be better suited to help in the Indian Market given the difference in welding standards and practices?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You see I am not trying to frighten you but the VO will analyze your story from every angle. If you are confident then go ahead but given your educational background your SOP better be close to perfect.

Aswath Priyan

Feb 26, 2021
And how would you answer the questions as to why you want to pursue a program in Canada? Wouldn't an Indian welding program be better suited to help in the Indian Market given the difference in welding standards and practices?
In India many colleges offering Welding Engineering but no welding inspection specifically.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Chances are low as this course is taken directly out of high school. It doesn’t even give you steps for welder licensing as that is the Welding Engineering Technology program. Honestly it makes no sense. So you have to show why you need to take a program that high school graduates can’t take and why you need to come to Canada for a diploma and not even the three year program. And why a northern Ontario school in the far north too.

Aswath Priyan

Feb 26, 2021
You see I am not trying to frighten you but the VO will analyze your story from every angle. If you are confident then go ahead but given your educational background your SOP better be close to perfect.
Can you please mention....how many percentage of chances of getting Canada visa in your opinion??