+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approval from Ghana embassy?

macqi

Jan 10, 2017
Is there no legal aide we can consult because this just doesn't make sense to me.
This is just mean.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
macqi said:
Crazy will be understatement for me...24 weeks and still counting...just don't know what to do.
If I were you I will withdraw and reapply again. 6 months is too much temporary study permit.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
macqi said:
Is there no legal aide we can consult because this just doesn't make sense to me.
This is just mean.
Unfortunately, since its non-immigrant visa you can't do much. They may decide to deny you even if you qualify. Just pray. You may also withdraw and reapply.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
macqi said:
This is just mean.
Yes absolutely it is mean. However they have the power to be mean so unfortunately there is little we can do. Try sending an email to the AVO at ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with the below information if you have not already done so (it might help; who knows).

Date of Birth:
Full Name:
File Number:
File Type:
Application filed on:
Estimated wait time at application date per the cic website:
Current estimated wait time per the cic website:
My current wait time as of email:
Enquiry: I would like to know how much longer it will take for my file to be reviewed/processed. Also if you need any clarification regarding my application please let me know. Thank you.

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Guys I would advice you to it rush and do anything hasty especially those going in for a students visa. This thing always happens, just that with our time the visas started coming in February. And I even received mine in March. Just have patience although the waiting is just tiring but it will be worth it.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
kwamepipim said:
Guys I would advice you to it rush and do anything hasty especially those going in for a students visa. This thing always happens, just that with our time the visas started coming in February. And I even received mine in March. Just have patience although the waiting is just tiring but it will be worth it.
Kwamepipim- Could advice.

Macqui- just keep your application on file and pursue other things in the meantime; and if something better comes along you can withdraw your application (but don't withdraw your application now without other options available)....

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Sorry about the typo guys didn't even read through. All that I want to say is have patience. I don't know about the others but those going in for study permit. Even if your entrance has passed. It wouldn't affect your chances of getting the visa. The embassy will assume you hard your class defered.

macqi

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions guys . I will no longer be withdrawing my application...the funny thing is I even sent them an email to give me my passport so I renew it but they do not even reply.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
macqi said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys . I will no longer be withdrawing my application...the funny thing is I even sent them an email to give me my passport so I renew it but they do not even reply.
Macqui- No worries. Seriously though find other things to do to bide your time. The accra visa office since time immemorial has been notoriously slow, and now they are currently trying to reduce the backlog related to family sponsorship and federal worker applications; so they will be even slower :(

Why don't you get in touch with your university and defer your entry to September of this year or January of next year; and in the meantime pick up something productive here in Ghana.

Regardless of the outcome you and I both know that all will be well. Hakuna matata yeah?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
macqi said:
I do think you can withdraw your passport. If you don't hear from them, go to the VFS they might be able to help get your passport while your application is still in progress.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
Timosky99 said:
Thanks for congratulating me,
My dear I'm not emotional ,I'm man who is courageous and strong,
I stand here to say this because i know that no one have time to consider this ,
Every one us are busy while our forum is dying
Some are blaming AVO not knowing that AVO is working but people are hidden there work,
I'm a living witness ,I step into there commissioned House and say on my mind weldone AVO,
An hour before my interview time, I know how many people who work in to that house and comes out,
But instead of upbuiding this forum,it's tearing down...
Before I start saying this about two friends from this forum have complain to me so much.
Macqui- I read the above thread in the "thread for Accra applicants" in the family sponsorship section and thought of you. AVO is working hard; they just have a lot of applications to go through. Be patient your time will come. I think we both should not call AVO "mean" as we did in previous posts. In the meantime however Lashen is right; if you need to renew your passport try going through VFS to pick it up but keep your application on file.

macqi

Jan 10, 2017
Bediako said:
Macqui- I read the above thread in the "thread for Accra applicants" in the family sponsorship section and thought of you. AVO is working hard; they just have a lot of applications to go through. Be patient your time will come. I think we both should not call AVO "mean" as we did in previous posts. In the meantime however Lashen is right; if you need to renew your passport try going through VFS to pick it up but keep your application on file.
Thanks for the information.
Anyway, I never meant to say AVO was mean...I think they can improve their way of service because at the moment you and I know it's not the best.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
macqi said:
Thanks for the information.
Anyway, I never meant to say AVO was mean...I think they can improve their way of service because at the moment you and I know it's not the best.
Yes I hear you. Sorry just realized I have been calling you Macqui (as opposed to Macqi); my apologies.