+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application refused - Temporary resident visa - Family ties

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am just curious. Is $11k not enough for a 10 day trip? I read somewhere that on an average the requirement is $2000/ month. Even flights between Ontario and nova scotia aren't that much to warrant the ask of more funds.

If the reason is financial, then I believe it could be a lack of transactions in the account rather than the amount itself. Kindly explain.
It is not the OPs personal funds/assests though. OP has applied for a visitor visa for business and his company is paying his expenses. That is the issue. No personal funds are shown. Is $11k enough for one person, most likely yes. But if that is all you have for funds then you need to show why you are spending all your savings on a trip to Canada.

Reactions: Brozachs

3sports

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
It is not the OPs personal funds/assests though. OP has applied for a visitor visa for business and his company is paying his expenses. That is the issue. No personal funds are shown. Is $11k enough for one person, most likely yes. But if that is all you have for funds then you need to show why you are spending all your savings on a trip to Canada.
Ok. So if the company is sponsoring the trip, then a statement from the company(that they are sending a representative) should have been attached along with the financials of the company.

However, all you need to prove is that you have funds in ready access(liquid assets) to spend on this trip. It doesn't mean that you put the details of your entire fortune for the purpose of a visiting visa. That would be a ridiculous ask.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl Yes, I live in my home country.
Not sure why. I still think it is the fact that you are coming for business and not tourism. Since you are meeting with economic development people, you would have a meeting itineraries and names of those you are meeting with. Are you trying to move to Canada with the business? Apply for a business visa and then your company can sponsor your visit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am just curious. Is $11k not enough for a 10 day trip? I read somewhere that on an average the requirement is $2000/ month. Even flights between Ontario and nova scotia aren't that much to warrant the ask of more funds.

If the reason is financial, then I believe it could be a lack of transactions in the account rather than the amount itself. Kindly explain.
If you have a family (spouse and children) it doesn’t make sense to spend 1/3 of your personal savings on a trip to Canada. Canada usually wants to see that it makes sense financially for someone to travel to Canada especially if it isn’t to visit family.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My Temporary resident visa(less than 6 months) was rejected on the following grounds:

1. based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
  2. based on your personal assets and .....
  3. based on the purpose of your visit

I have a wife, daughter, and parents staying in my country of residence. I mentioned this info in the family information form. I have no family members or relatives in Canada. How can they reject on the basis of this reason when I have strong family ties in my home country and no ties in Canada?

Vivek
As already noted you should be applying for a business visa if you are travelling to explore business options for your employer.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
@Demaktjun3792 But they did mention the family ties reason as well. Also, they straightaway rejected it without asking for documents like marriage certificates, child birth certificates, bank statements, etc. Does it need to be submitted along with the application letter while submitting the application? I submitted the documents that was asked for(5645, 5257 etc.) and thought the other supporting documents need to be submitted only upon request.
It's good to submit all supporting documents, even if not asked.

Even though one guy got visa after forgetting to submit all documents.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A

Right

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
My main concern is why the "family ties" reason was mentioned when I had mentioned my wife, daughter, and parents in the family information form? Also, they did not ask for any proof like a marriage certificate or child birth certificate.
Those reasons are vague; always apply to get your Visa Notes.
For example, family ties could mean, how will you family survive when you're taking $11,000 away to Canada?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Susmit M

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
My Temporary resident visa(less than 6 months) was rejected on the following grounds:

1. based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
  2. based on your personal assets and .....
  3. based on the purpose of your visit

I have a wife, daughter, and parents staying in my country of residence. I mentioned this info in the family information form. I have no family members or relatives in Canada. How can they reject on the basis of this reason when I have strong family ties in my home country and no ties in Canada?

Vivek
There are a few cases that have more chance of approval:
a) Old parents of citizens and PR
b) Very senior executives/doctors in India
c) Visits for official reasons
d) Valid US visa ( UK, EU, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, NZ are good but not too good )

Rest are all viewed with suspicion. It is unfortunate but true.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are a few cases that have more chance of approval:
a) Old parents of citizens and PR
b) Very senior executives/doctors in India
c) Visits for official reasons
d) Valid US visa ( UK, EU, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, NZ are good but not too good )

Rest are all viewed with suspicion. It is unfortunate but true.
Your list isn’t correct. Plenty of parents who are denied TRVs. Not sure why Indian doctors or even executives have higher acceptance rates. If applying to visit Canada their reason for travel, their ties to their home country, their previous international travel history and their personal assets are evaluated. Doctors have no preferential treatment. Valid US visa doesn’t help much but previous travel to the US in the past 5-10 years with no overstay does help.