AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
My wife is in the same boat. It's been 3.5 months now after her PPR (Warsaw) and for the last two weeks her file has been in Sydney. We've already applied for a visitor record.

It's very frustrating

Reactions: OnurA

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
IRCC's advice is probably the best shot you can give it. Come in as a student, try to use your COPR as proof to the university as you start your virtual landing process.
Thanks, Kevin. The only concern we have is that with the uncertainty around the timeline of virtual landing, we are not sure for how many semesters we have to prepare ourselves paying international fees in case the university did not accept to consider my wife as local yet. How do you evaluate the odds of our case? Also, talking with an immigration lawyer, he strongly advised against transferring the case between countries (in our case from Singapore to Canada) as he was saying this may even further complicate the case and may further delay the process. Any idea on this advice? Thanks.

OnurA

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
My wife is in the same boat. It's been 3.5 months now after her PPR (Warsaw) and for the last two weeks her file has been in Sydney. We've already applied for a visitor record.

It's very frustrating
Our application is January 2020. Soon it will be 2 years and I still don't have the PR!

MexicanInNB

Feb 18, 2021
Hello all. I am reading all of your posts to see what I can expect from here. Last Tuesday (July 6) agent told me everything was passed and that I was scheduled to have my application finalized through virtual landing. How long does it take? The agent told me they are short staffed because of Covid, but that it is coming soon. I am FSW PNP EE Inland, with April 2020 AOR. Almost 15 months now since I submitted everything.

Thanks for any input.

h_singh468

May 18, 2021
Hello everyone, i received a phone call today regarding my PR application but i was not able to pick the call so they sent me an email from my local ircc office saying that i have to do a phone interview regarding my application, but in the title it says Permanent Resident Virtual Landing and i haven't received any COPR yet. what should i be expecting from the call. Thank you all

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Hey guys,

My wife and I are approved COPR's living in Singapore. However, our COPR's expired because of the travel restrictions. Since my wife received an offer of admission from U of T, we also applied for Student Visa for her and Open Work Permit for me, which was approved for which we received passport request last week. I contacted IRCC Singapore asking them to reissue our expired COPR so that we could land as PR and not have to have pay international tuition fees for the university. IRCC just replied to my request suggesting that we travel to Canada and once in Canada, we can update our residential address and phone number so that they could arrange for virtual landing. I am not sure if this is a good idea though as I can see here that virtual landing may take months to occur! I am also not sure if staying here makes any difference as IRCC Singapore also refused reissuing expired documents; I do not know why! And we have about two months only as my wife's studies starts in Sep. Any advice would be much appreciated.
@Mikem86 with CoPR (it doesn’t matter if is expired) you ARE elegible to domestic tuition (I did the same with queen’s university). Send the copy of CoPR to office or register of U of T and once you arrive here get the Permanent SIN number and thats it your fees should be adjusted BEFORE start of the semester. Ircc won’t reissue your CoPR but that document is valid STILL until you receive your PR Card (you can get health card and sin with that paper)

Reactions: Kevin2020

villar

Jul 23, 2021
My wife and her dependent son applied for Family sponsorship from outland. In March 2021 they received PPR from Warsaw office. At that time my wife was already in Canada (she has TRV visa and Work Permit). Her son was in Russia. We sent his passport to Warsaw and informed IRCC that my wife is already in Canada (Ottawa) and she needs virtual landing. My wife's son received COPR and entry visa in April 2021 but he cannot come to Canada till principle applicant (my wife) receive PR status. Almost four months passed but we did not here anything from local offices about virtual landing. I am even not sure that they are aware of my wife. I sent few requests to Warsaw and they said that it's local office responsibility. I called IRCC hot line and they can say nothing. I sent few webforms and emails to Ottawa and Missisauga case centers and did not receive any reply. Does anybody know what to do in this situation? It looks like something went wrong. As far as I understand usually the whole family has to be proceed at the same time. It's odd that dependent has all documents done and principle applicant has nothing. Thanks

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
My wife and her dependent son applied for Family sponsorship from outland. In March 2021 they received PPR from Warsaw office. At that time my wife was already in Canada (she has TRV visa and Work Permit). Her son was in Russia. We sent his passport to Warsaw and informed IRCC that my wife is already in Canada (Ottawa) and she needs virtual landing. My wife's son received COPR and entry visa in April 2021 but he cannot come to Canada till principle applicant (my wife) receive PR status. Almost four months passed but we did not here anything from local offices about virtual landing. I am even not sure that they are aware of my wife. I sent few requests to Warsaw and they said that it's local office responsibility. I called IRCC hot line and they can say nothing. I sent few webforms and emails to Ottawa and Missisauga case centers and did not receive any reply. Does anybody know what to do in this situation? It looks like something went wrong. As far as I understand usually the whole family has to be proceed at the same time. It's odd that dependent has all documents done and principle applicant has nothing. Thanks
Hey, we are pretty much in the same boat. My wife received her PPR in March 2021 too. The visa office is Warsaw.
We informed the office that my wife was in Canada already but it took them more than 2 months to transfer the file from Poland to Canada. Now, it’s been 4 months and we haven’t received any updates

villar

Jul 23, 2021
Hey, we are pretty much in the same boat. My wife received her PPR in March 2021 too. The visa office is Warsaw.
We informed the office that my wife was in Canada already but it took them more than 2 months to transfer the file from Poland to Canada. Now, it’s been 4 months and we haven’t received any updates
Did they inform you guys that file transferred to Canada? How do you know it was transferred and what IRCC office it's in now? I am afraid my wife's file is still in Poland :-(. At least when I called IRCC hot line they told me it's in Poland. I sent one more email to Warsaw office to double check. Thanks.

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Same boat since March 19th(1st PPR request). We got a second PPR request on July 19th. We been contacting IRCC since march for virtual landing but no use. Finally I am planning to ask my MP to reach out to IRCC and also request for GCMS notes. Have you guys tried any other method that worked? Thanks

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Same boat since March 19th(1st PPR request). We got a second PPR request on July 19th. We been contacting IRCC since march for virtual landing but no use. Finally I am planning to ask my MP to reach out to IRCC and also request for GCMS notes. Have you guys tried any other method that worked? Thanks
And you were in Canada the whole time that you were asking for virtual landing? I am asking because in about three weeks my wife and are travelling to Canada on student and work visas. We also hold expired COPR. So, the local IRCC office where we live has suggested that we could travel to Canada on our temporary visas and once we have arrived in Canada they will liaise with their inland offices to arrange virtual landing for us. I am trying to estimate how long we should expect the virtual landing process may take. Thanks.

villar

Jul 23, 2021
Yesterday my wife received email from IRCC about starting her virtual landing process. They asked to reply that email with some information confirmation (email, UCI etc.). After that they have to send her a link and temporary password to a virtual landing web site to upload her photo and current address. Hope it will not take too much time

villar

Jul 23, 2021
Does anybody know how long it takes to complete a virtual landing after IRCC sent an email that they started it? They asked to send them some information and after that they have to send us a link and temporary password for virtual landing portal. I am wondering how long it can take. Thanks