+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual landing

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
And you were in Canada the whole time that you were asking for virtual landing? I am asking because in about three weeks my wife and are travelling to Canada on student and work visas. We also hold expired COPR. So, the local IRCC office where we live has suggested that we could travel to Canada on our temporary visas and once we have arrived in Canada they will liaise with their inland offices to arrange virtual landing for us. I am trying to estimate how long we should expect the virtual landing process may take. Thanks.
Yes my wife has been Canada since Dec 2020(applied Outland PR in June 2020). We got our virtual landing email today. You will probably need to talk to Visa officer for the best course of action

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Does anybody know how long it takes to complete a virtual landing after IRCC sent an email that they started it? They asked to send them some information and after that they have to send us a link and temporary password for virtual landing portal. I am wondering how long it can take. Thanks
We have received the email to provide them information today, will let you know once we receive the follow up email with link and temporary password

bellbazaurs

Jan 31, 2020
@legalfalcon I need your opinion/help. Long story short - Me and my wife applied for a PR 2 years ago, she is the PA and I am the dependent, she left Canada before the pandemic and haven't been able to return due to covid, 2 weeks ago finally I received the first email from Virtual landing unit, I replied to them the next day, the email was in my name and addressed to me (my uci and everything), as she is outland and as instructed by call center agent I mentioned in the email that she is outland and would be ready to travel as soon as she receives the CoPR, today I received credentials and when we log in its only her name there and UCI and everything. Is there a way to contact Virtual landing unit? Clearly there have been a mistake.

villar

Jul 23, 2021
We received virtual portal link and temporary password from IRCC approximately in a week after their first email.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
We received virtual portal link and temporary password from IRCC approximately in a week after their first email.
Can I ask what was the date when you received a PPR?

villar

Jul 23, 2021
Can I ask what was the date when you received a PPR?
My wife received PPR at the end of March 2021. Initially she applied outland (Warsaw office).

July 28 , 2021 she received a first email from virtual landing portal. August 7, 2021 she received URL and temporary password to portal.

Now we are waiting for eCopr

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
My wife received PPR at the end of March 2021. Initially she applied outland (Warsaw office).

July 28 , 2021 she received a first email from virtual landing portal. August 7, 2021 she received URL and temporary password to portal.

Now we are waiting for eCopr
Hi Villar,

My wife and I also received the first email saying our virtual landing is getting started asking us for our email addresses, UCI numbers, etc. We are now waiting for our temporary passwords and links to the portal. I saw that you mentioned it took your wife a week to receive the second email containing the password. I am curious to know how long it took after that for your wife to become officially PR assuming that she has received her eCoPR or PR card by now.

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi Villar,

My wife and I also received the first email saying our virtual landing is getting started asking us for our email addresses, UCI numbers, etc. We are now waiting for our temporary passwords and links to the portal. I saw that you mentioned it took your wife a week to receive the second email containing the password. I am curious to know how long it took after that for your wife to become officially PR assuming that she has received her eCoPR or PR card by now.
We both received emails containing our temporary passwords today, so it took about 24 hours. Thought to give an update.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
for Virtual landing, After creating portal Do we need to provide digital copies or mail the photographs for PR Card?

Reen Jacob

May 18, 2022
Try these emails and phone:

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (case processing centre Ottawa)

cic-etobicoke-landings@cic.gc.ca (virtual landing centre Etobicoke)

Call center 1-888-242-2100 (IRCC hot line)
Hi, Using this forum for the first time. Received PPR from CIC Mississauga for my parents couple weeks ago. They are in Canada in visiting visa now. So as per written in PPR i submitted webform stating they are in Canada and waiting for virtual landing. (I have already submitted multiple webform stating they are in Canada in past months just to give them current address - no reply). Now my Dad wants to go to India due to my grandmothers health condition. My questions are
* It states 30 days to submit passport if they are in India - if it is past 30 due to these circumstances, does it raise an issue?
* Any idea on how long it takes for Virtual landing?
* Any contact direct contact info for CIC - Mississauga ? (Tried calling CIC number - no luck)

I appreciate any info you guys can give me.
Thanks

OnurA

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, Using this forum for the first time. Received PPR from CIC Mississauga for my parents couple weeks ago. They are in Canada in visiting visa now. So as per written in PPR i submitted webform stating they are in Canada and waiting for virtual landing. (I have already submitted multiple webform stating they are in Canada in past months just to give them current address - no reply). Now my Dad wants to go to India due to my grandmothers health condition. My questions are
* It states 30 days to submit passport if they are in India - if it is past 30 due to these circumstances, does it raise an issue?
* Any idea on how long it takes for Virtual landing?
* Any contact direct contact info for CIC - Mississauga ? (Tried calling CIC number - no luck)

I appreciate any info you guys can give me.
Thanks
Hi,

After waiting for the PR 2 years, I also waited for around 6 months for the virtual landing and absolutely nothing happened. I submitted webform several times, called, emailed, contacted my local MP, even faxed! Absolutely no reply else then some fake replies and nothing happened. Then I took the risk and went bact to my country, sent my passport to the ambassy, in 2 weeks they sent me the documents with PR. Not to mention this trip costed me more than 1000CAD.
This Canada immigration thing was my worst ever experience in my life. Now I left Canada with my Canadian wife and kid. I don't want to live in that surreal country anymore.

Reen Jacob

May 18, 2022
Hi,

After waiting for the PR 2 years, I also waited for around 6 months for the virtual landing and absolutely nothing happened. I submitted webform several times, called, emailed, contacted my local MP, even faxed! Absolutely no reply else then some fake replies and nothing happened. Then I took the risk and went bact to my country, sent my passport to the ambassy, in 2 weeks they sent me the documents with PR. Not to mention this trip costed me more than 1000CAD.
This Canada immigration thing was my worst ever experience in my life. Now I left Canada with my Canadian wife and kid. I don't want to live in that surreal country anymore.
I definitely understand the frustration. When you went back your country, did they raised issue about this 30 days passport submission period?

OnurA

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
I definitely understand the frustration. When you went back your country, did they raised issue about this 30 days passport submission period?
Hi, no they didn't. It was smooth, without any problems. In 2 weeks I got my papers.