+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual landing

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi,

After waiting for the PR 2 years, I also waited for around 6 months for the virtual landing and absolutely nothing happened. I submitted webform several times, called, emailed, contacted my local MP, even faxed! Absolutely no reply else then some fake replies and nothing happened. Then I took the risk and went bact to my country, sent my passport to the ambassy, in 2 weeks they sent me the documents with PR. Not to mention this trip costed me more than 1000CAD.
This Canada immigration thing was my worst ever experience in my life. Now I left Canada with my Canadian wife and kid. I don't want to live in that surreal country anymore.
I m in similar situation. I raised webform stating that I m in Canada, i didn't recieve a response. Really feeling hopeless after waiting for 2 years

Reactions: OnurA

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi, Using this forum for the first time. Received PPR from CIC Mississauga for my parents couple weeks ago. They are in Canada in visiting visa now. So as per written in PPR i submitted webform stating they are in Canada and waiting for virtual landing. (I have already submitted multiple webform stating they are in Canada in past months just to give them current address - no reply). Now my Dad wants to go to India due to my grandmothers health condition. My questions are
* It states 30 days to submit passport if they are in India - if it is past 30 due to these circumstances, does it raise an issue?
* Any idea on how long it takes for Virtual landing?
* Any contact direct contact info for CIC - Mississauga ? (Tried calling CIC number - no luck)

I appreciate any info you guys can give me.
Thanks
Did you send mails to those email id ?

tania_toronto

Dec 5, 2019
Did you send mails to those email id ?
Hi could you share your timelines for virtual landing. i am in a similar situation where my parents are in canada right now. I send them a webform for virtual landing and its been more than 3 weeks. could not get through CIC helpline

tania_toronto

Dec 5, 2019
Hi, Using this forum for the first time. Received PPR from CIC Mississauga for my parents couple weeks ago. They are in Canada in visiting visa now. So as per written in PPR i submitted webform stating they are in Canada and waiting for virtual landing. (I have already submitted multiple webform stating they are in Canada in past months just to give them current address - no reply). Now my Dad wants to go to India due to my grandmothers health condition. My questions are
* It states 30 days to submit passport if they are in India - if it is past 30 due to these circumstances, does it raise an issue?
* Any idea on how long it takes for Virtual landing?
* Any contact direct contact info for CIC - Mississauga ? (Tried calling CIC number - no luck)

I appreciate any info you guys can give me.
Thanks
Hi could you share your timelines for virtual landing. i am in a similar situation where my parents are in canada right now. I send them a webform for virtual landing and its been more than 3 weeks. could not get through CIC helpline

Reen Jacob

May 18, 2022
Hi,

We received PPR on May 5. Since then waited. My dad went to India on June 4th and submitted his passport there. @Divyak1234 send me an email id IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to which i send email regarding the situation. In 17 days in received reply stating their medical will be expired on August 6th, so dad had to land in Canada before August 6th and also as per the email I received they could do the virtual landing proceeding for my mom (who stayed in Canada) only after my dad (principle applicant) completed the landing process. So my dad landed on July 14. I send email on the same email id with the info on the same day. Got reply on July 26th with virtual landing details submission. Received Portal Link on July 27. My mom got eCOPR on July 29th.

The whole process sure involved lot of emailing, but at last got it. Hope it helps.

gim1989

Jun 30, 2022
I got an email from IRCC agent and the email said I’ll receive an instruction for virtual landing from my area’s CIC. I understand it takes different depending on how busy CIC is. But I need to extend my visitor visa in 10 days so will it help me to try to call the CIC office and tell them about my situation?
Hello That’s time Did you get extension visitor?

Waiting4OT

Oct 24, 2022
Can anyone who has completed the virtual landing process recently share their timeline?

Application submitted - Jan 31 2022
PPR - Sept 13 2022
Submitted webform to inform Ottowa that I am in Canada on Sept 13, then again on Sept 19th, and then again on Oct 13th.

I have not received the PR portal credentials yet, but I managed to talk to IRCC over the phone and they said they received my webforms on Oct 21st and transferred my file to the virtual landing team in Calgary.

How long did it take for others here to receive the PR credentials and then to get eCOPR?

Thanks!

Onlinehobby

Mar 12, 2022
I got a response from New Delhi visa office that case is closed there and file is pending with virtual landing unit in canada

got ppr on sep 22
submitted webform sep 23
submitted another webform in october and again in nov

sent mail to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in october twice and again in nov, also to another mail id of similar kind thrice
so far no updates

i see ghost updates once in 15 days or 5 days in immitracker so far no real updates

prat2394

Nov 24, 2022
I got a response from New Delhi visa office that case is closed there and file is pending with virtual landing unit in canada

got ppr on sep 22
submitted webform sep 23
submitted another webform in october and again in nov

sent mail to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in october twice and again in nov, also to another mail id of similar kind thrice
so far no updates

i see ghost updates once in 15 days or 5 days in immitracker so far no real updates
Hi

what kind of ghost update you saw? Like "We received Enquiry" kind of in cic tracker?

I received PPR in september 2022 and i send the webfrom saying I am in canada and on 15th november I got an email that your address is updated but nothing happned more than that since then.

The email id you have mentioned, can we email our situation there?

Onlinehobby

Mar 12, 2022
nothing like that..just updated Nov 25..updated Nov 22...I can see it in prt site

no real updates through messages or anywhere else

Onlinehobby

Mar 12, 2022
after 2 months of wait..this is the response we got from virtual landing team

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your application is in our virtual landing queue.

Given our current processing capacity, there will be significant delays in processing the high volume of landings. Therefore, we are unable to provide an approximate timeline for your PR Portal invitation email and/or for your Virtual Landing. Please note: Follow-up inquiries will not be responded to.

Hanouni

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Can anyone who has completed the virtual landing process recently share their timeline?

Application submitted - Jan 31 2022
PPR - Sept 13 2022
Submitted webform to inform Ottowa that I am in Canada on Sept 13, then again on Sept 19th, and then again on Oct 13th.

I have not received the PR portal credentials yet, but I managed to talk to IRCC over the phone and they said they received my webforms on Oct 21st and transferred my file to the virtual landing team in Calgary.

How long did it take for others here to receive the PR credentials and then to get eCOPR?

Thanks!
It took me 4 months to get Virtual landing portal invitation after RFV and informing them that i am inside canada
I would recommend that you try to call ircc also not just send emails/webforms

Reactions: Onlinehobby

jparasu

Oct 2, 2016
Adding another data point

Applied for family sponsorship in March 2022, applicant was already in Canada and it was mentioned in application as well, however IRCC picked up the address outside of Canada from his previous TRV application.

Got PPR on 4th August from NDVO,
Raised webform on 5th August to inform that the applicant is already in Canada
Again on 27th Aug
Again on 9th Sep
Again on 25th Sep
Again on 20th Oct
Finally got a reply by 11th Nov, saying that my file has been transferred to Etobicoke
Email on 20th Nov mentioning that the office is short staffed because of Covid, so expect significant delay in processing.

So almost 4 months since PPR and still waiting.

Reactions: Onlinehobby

Onlinehobby

Mar 12, 2022
Adding another data point

Applied for family sponsorship in March 2022, applicant was already in Canada and it was mentioned in application as well, however IRCC picked up the address outside of Canada from his previous TRV application.

Got PPR on 4th August from NDVO,
Raised webform on 5th August to inform that the applicant is already in Canada
Again on 27th Aug
Again on 9th Sep
Again on 25th Sep
Again on 20th Oct
Finally got a reply by 11th Nov, saying that my file has been transferred to Etobicoke
Email on 20th Nov mentioning that the office is short staffed because of Covid, so expect significant delay in processing.

So almost 4 months since PPR and still waiting.
exactly same situation..got the same reply from etobicoke vl team

Finally got a reply by 22nd Nov, saying that my file has been transferred to Etobicoke
Email on 25th Nov mentioning that the office is short staffed because of Covid, so expect significant delay in processing.

I heard that cic pr quota for this yr s met...so they shall consider us for next yr queue

Reactions: jparasu