+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual landing

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
Same with us. I am now temporary resident. If I was still visitor I could go back to Turkey and make passport submission there
Going back and updating it might even delay the process for even longer. I read some posts regarding that.

Reactions: OnurA

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
Our initial application is January 2020. Email on April 15. Waiting for portal email
Was Email the PPR or the email enquiring about your presence in canada? Coz they send an email first confirming your presence in canada and then open the portal to update the pics.

OnurA

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Was Email the PPR or the email enquiring about your presence in canada? Coz they send an email first confirming your presence in canada and then open the portal to update the pics.
Email was for submission of passport. Is it called PPR? I don't know. My address in the application is now canada but i didnt receive confirmation email

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
Email was for submission of passport. Is it called PPR? I don't know. My address in the application is now canada but i didnt receive confirmation email
Ya Email is PPR or passport printing request. And they dont send you any confirmation for changing address.

SunnyG123

Aug 1, 2015
Same with us. I am now temporary resident. If I was still visitor I could go back to Turkey and make passport submission there
Hi! We are also waiting. I heard it is has to do with the local office in Canada (after looking at the trend). Which city in Canada you are?

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hey guys,

My wife and I are approved COPR's living in Singapore. However, our COPR's expired because of the travel restrictions. Since my wife received an offer of admission from U of T, we also applied for Student Visa for her and Open Work Permit for me, which was approved for which we received passport request last week. I contacted IRCC Singapore asking them to reissue our expired COPR so that we could land as PR and not have to have pay international tuition fees for the university. IRCC just replied to my request suggesting that we travel to Canada and once in Canada, we can update our residential address and phone number so that they could arrange for virtual landing. I am not sure if this is a good idea though as I can see here that virtual landing may take months to occur! I am also not sure if staying here makes any difference as IRCC Singapore also refused reissuing expired documents; I do not know why! And we have about two months only as my wife's studies starts in Sep. Any advice would be much appreciated.

OnurA

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey guys,

My wife and I are approved COPR's living in Singapore. However, our COPR's expired because of the travel restrictions. Since my wife received an offer of admission from U of T, we also applied for Student Visa for her and Open Work Permit for me, which was approved for which we received passport request last week. I contacted IRCC Singapore asking them to reissue our expired COPR so that we could land as PR and not have to have pay international tuition fees for the university. IRCC just replied to my request suggesting that we travel to Canada and once in Canada, we can update our residential address and phone number so that they could arrange for virtual landing. I am not sure if this is a good idea though as I can see here that virtual landing may take months to occur! I am also not sure if staying here makes any difference as IRCC Singapore also refused reissuing expired documents; I do not know why! And we have about two months only as my wife's studies starts in Sep. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I am waiting virtual landing for 3 months already. I don't know what is best for you but I wish good luck to all of us.