+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Experience in detail!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What if somebody need to keep his PR card to travel to an other country ? do they allow you to keep it with you if you ask for that ?
I will be visiting a country where they require a visa but not for PR holders
You can't keep your PR card after your citizenship, irrespective of what the reason is. Once you are a citizen, you are no longer a Permanent Resident and as a result, you can no longer use (or need) your PR card. You will use your Canadian passport to travel internationally.

Reactions: Jigzagula

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
hi @rajkamalmohanram
We finished our citizenship Oath on 05th Nov 2021. Whats next? we have digitally signed the Oath form and have sent it as an email to the MIS office. Do you know how much time would it take to receive the citizenship certificate for regular applicants? The status has not changed in the tracker yet.

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Does COPR is necessary for online oath ceremony? I am not able to find my spouse COPR .
I had it with me.. just incase to show if they asked for one. but they didn't.. instead they advised to keep the COPR safe which will be of use incase of applying for Government jobs etc

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Finally Done my oath today; hopefully citizenship certificate will be received soon. July 30th, 2020 Applicant. We were approved for UP on Sep 15th, 2021. Kitchener Office. Good luck everyone. it was smooth and lasted 1.5 hours.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi @rajkamalmohanram
We finished our citizenship Oath on 05th Nov 2021. Whats next? we have digitally signed the Oath form and have sent it as an email to the MIS office. Do you know how much time would it take to receive the citizenship certificate for regular applicants? The status has not changed in the tracker yet.
Could take anywhere from a week to 6 weeks. Depends. There is no standard timeline.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does COPR is necessary for online oath ceremony? I am not able to find my spouse COPR .
Depends on the office. For me, it was Mississauga office and the clerk who checked my documents asked for my COPR and at the end of the ceremony, made me write "Holder is no longer a PR" on my COPR.

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
On the invitation they say "- All of the original documents in your possession: your permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or your confirmation of permanent residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688), as well as your record of landing (IMM 1000), if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002 and have one; " .
So, I assume if you became a PR after June 28, 2002, COPR is not needed. However, people have various experiences in reality.

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Finally Done my oath today; hopefully citizenship certificate will be received soon. July 30th, 2020 Applicant. We were approved for UP on Sep 15th, 2021. Kitchener Office. Good luck everyone. it was smooth and lasted 1.5 hours.
hey there, have you received your certificate? how long did it take for you?

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Congratulations, @rajkamalmohanram !!! Fantastic experience and thank you very much for sharing this with us! It's extremely helpful!
Congrats!! Would you mind if I ask you a question since I have the same office as yours.
When you received the email instruction, did it come with the oath form as attachment?
Did your seat number given on the form or during the zoom call?