+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Experience in detail!

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi All,

I am going to attend the virtual oath ceremony soon with my two minor children (under 18). Will they be attending the ceremony together with me by same clicking the link on the same device ? or they will be connecting on a seperate device using a different link (Tracker status for all of us is now showing to take oath)

Also, Oath is scheduled for October 09, 2021 which is a Saturday, is this is a mistake or they are doing oaths on Saturdays as well?

Please advise.

@rajkamalmohanram your thoughts?

Thank you!

Last edited:

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Hi All,

I am going to attend the virtual oath ceremony soon with my two minor children (under 18). Will they be attending the ceremony together with me by same clicking the link on the same device ? or they will be connecting on a seperate device using a different link (Tracker status for all of us is now showing to take oath)

Also, Oath is scheduled for October 09, 2021 which is a Saturday, is this is a mistake or they are doing oaths on Saturdays as well?

Please advise.

Thank you!
Hi, I did my oath with my two kids as well (minors). You all need to be on the same device. On my ceremony, there was a family that connected on separate computers and the clerk asked them that if they were on the same house to use only one device. You will be ask to change your display name on the zoom meeting to say the seat numbers of each of your family members and family name. For example, if you are doing the ceremony with your wife and two kids and your last name is smith and each of you have seat numbers 1,2,3,4 respectively you will change your display name to #1,#2,#3,#4 - smith family. All of you together on the same device. Hope that helps

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

Please advise.

Thank you!
All of you can take oath from the same device.

And no, oath ceremonies do happen on Saturdays.

Reactions: Ace2000

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi, I did my oath with my two kids as well (minors). You all need to be on the same device. On my ceremony, there was a family that connected on separate computers and the clerk asked them that if they were on the same house to use only one device. You will be ask to change your display name on the zoom meeting to say the seat numbers of each of your family members and family name. For example, if you are doing the ceremony with your wife and two kids and your last name is smith and each of you have seat numbers 1,2,3,4 respectively you will change your display name to #1,#2,#3,#4 - smith family. All of you together on the same device. Hope that helps
Thank you so much @henryahmed

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
So i finished my oath on 16th October. Now what’s next thing?

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi All, after receiving the Certificate. How long does it take to get the Canadian Passport. And is there a special requirement to mail/send the Indian passport to the Indian consulate?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All, after receiving the Certificate. How long does it take to get the Canadian Passport. And is there a special requirement to mail/send the Indian passport to the Indian consulate?
It depends on how you apply (mail/in-person) and what service you choose (normal/express/urgent).

You'll have to surrender your Indian passport. You'll have to go through BLS, you can't directly submit it to the consulate.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/renunciation_ppt.php

Post Surrender / OCI related questions in the OCI thread =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
I suppose a combination of your PR card, health card and your passport would suffice.
Hey admin,

I promised to add an update on this post once I have figured out the two IDs dilemma.

Valid Health card and pr card were considered valid ids without the need of a third id. Just wanted to let you know incase anyone else has the same question.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey admin,

I promised to add an update on this post once I have figured out the two IDs dilemma.

Valid Health card and pr card were considered valid ids without the need of a third id. Just wanted to let you know incase anyone else has the same question.

Thanks
I'm not an admin but thanks for posting the update. Might help others.

Jigzagula

Jan 16, 2021
What if somebody need to keep his PR card to travel to an other country ? do they allow you to keep it with you if you ask for that ?
I will be visiting a country where they require a visa but not for PR holders

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
What if somebody need to keep his PR card to travel to an other country ? do they allow you to keep it with you if you ask for that ?
I will be visiting a country where they require a visa but not for PR holders
why you you need PR card once you geta passport.