+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Experience in detail!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
No. Like I've mentioned in the post, seat # is assigned by the administrator before sending you to a breakout room.
My oath invitation form has seat number along with other details (file number, UCI number, name, paper file number details) already completely filled in it except my signature.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicolass

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already did on the 24th of August (Certificate was also expedited because of Urgent Processing), applied for passport and the pickup date is today :) .
Well congrats!!! Do urgent processing get certificates faster or is there a special urgent processing for the certificates? How faster is it to receive the certificates as urgent processing after the oath? Also, is applying for passports in person open again?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well congrats!!! Do urgent processing get certificates faster or is there a special urgent processing for the certificates? How faster is it to receive the certificates as urgent processing after the oath? Also, is applying for passports in person open again?
You still have to remind the clerk at the ceremony. If your citizenship application was processed urgently, they will expedite your citizenship certificate for the same reason why your application was processed urgently (you still have to remind the clerk). If your citizenship application was not processed urgently but you have a valid reason as to why you need the citizenship certificate urgently (For example, applying for a job that is closing, for school or upcoming travel for which you need passport etc), you'll have to provide evidence and they will expedite the certificate for you.

Yes, in-person PP applications have re-opened. Some places accept walk-in applicants. However, I got mine done with appointment (Mississauga PP office is extremely busy and there were no spots until September 10th). They gave me 2 options in terms of appointments - Kitchener or St. Catherine's.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You still have to remind the clerk at the ceremony. If your citizenship application was processed urgently, they will expedite your citizenship certificate for the same reason why your application was processed urgently (you still have to remind the clerk). If your citizenship application was not processed urgently but you have a valid reason as to why you need the citizenship certificate urgently (For example, applying for a job that is closing, for school or upcoming travel for which you need passport etc), you'll have to provide evidence and they will expedite the certificate for you.

Yes, in-person PP applications have re-opened. Some places accept walk-in applicants. However, I got mine done with appointment (Mississauga PP office is extremely busy and there were no spots until September 10th). They gave me 2 options in terms of appointments - Kitchener or St. Catherine's.
Thanks for the info regarding the urgent processing. I don't know if they accepted my urgent processing request or not. I'll ask the clerk. Last question, would I look good appearing for the ceremony in a tuxedo, top hat, a monocle and fake mustache, or is that a little overdoing it :D

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for the info regarding the urgent processing. I don't know if they accepted my urgent processing request or not. I'll ask the clerk. Last question, would I look good appearing for the ceremony in a tuxedo, top hat, a monocle and fake mustache, or is that a little overdoing it :D
ROFL! A "little" overdoing it ? I mean, a Tuxedo would be really good (still might be a tad bit much) but the top hat, monocle and a fake mustache might make IRCC and other participants think that time travel from the past to the future is real.

• Haha
Reactions: Craxyrider and Doda

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017

Hi @rajkamalmohanram Had a quick question. When I see the Electronic Signature instruction document, the 2nd part talks about how to fill the name of the applicant and date but when I see the Oath Pdf, there are only two spaces to do the electronic signature and no space for entering name or date. So we only sign twice right? No need to type name and date anywhere in the Oath right? (Date is already printed for me in the oath but nowhere it mentions my name)
Also on top right they have 4 lines for File no, client ID, application no. and seat no. - are these 4 fields to be entered by me or the case officer to whom I will be sending the signed oath>