+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Experience in detail!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram Had a quick question. When I see the Electronic Signature instruction document, the 2nd part talks about how to fill the name of the applicant and date but when I see the Oath Pdf, there are only two spaces to do the electronic signature and no space for entering name or date. So we only sign twice right? No need to type name and date anywhere in the Oath right? (Date is already printed for me in the oath but nowhere it mentions my name)
Also on top right they have 4 lines for File no, client ID, application no. and seat no. - are these 4 fields to be entered by me or the case officer to whom I will be sending the signed oath>
I signed the form in 2 places that's all. Nothing else was filled by me.

Reactions: nila001

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I'm pretty sure he said 50,000 (in fact, he said "almost 50,000"). My oath was on August 23rd and the judge was from Mississauga (Judge Wong).
We got answer to this question. Someone posted latest ATIP document with all details in other thread. Basically it says from April-1-2021 to June-30-2021 they conducted only 802 oaths across Canada. (The information is on page 36). But total tests completed in the same time is 60,729. So I guess the judge might be referring to total number of tests completed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
We got answer to this question. Someone posted latest ATIP document with all details in other thread. Basically it says from April-1-2021 to June-30-2021 they conducted only 802 oaths across Canada. (The information is on page 36). But total tests completed in the same time is 60,729. So I guess the judge might be referring to total number of tests completed.
Hmmm I'm not sure why the judge would say otherwise then. Okay, may be he actually got confused and said the wrong number.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thanks for the info regarding the urgent processing. I don't know if they accepted my urgent processing request or not. I'll ask the clerk. Last question, would I look good appearing for the ceremony in a tuxedo, top hat, a monocle and fake mustache, or is that a little overdoing it :D
That does it! If and when I reach this stage (ever), my wife will be wearing an 18th century corset and a victorian dress. Not to mention copious amount of lead based face paint. Must look pretty for the ceremony! or is that a little overdoing it :D

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
He specifically said April 2021 (and then added "in just 4 months" referring to the time between April 2021 and August 2021). Anyway, the corporate records that I have requested might throw some light into this.
Found one more reference. Someone mentioned in below post (below link) today that they conducted around 65,000 oaths since last year April (April 2020). That sounds about right. 18 months X 3,500 = 63,000 (~~). Which also matches with your earlier document in which they said to target around 3500 per month.

It means they went from 22,000 oaths/month to 3,500/month. Normal time 3 months worth of work is done in last 18 months. That is a huge gap.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/windsor-citizenship-applicants.723395/post-9668535

lol ... Just 1 lady working in the Windsor office as confirmed by my case officer and she requested her to get my certificate ready for pick-up. Rest of staff maybe working from home or on 699 leaves :D

Btw.. today, there were 88 people for oath and judge told that only 65000 people have taken oath from last year april

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Found one more reference. Someone mentioned in below post (below link) today that they conducted around 65,000 oaths since last year April (April 2020). That sounds about right. 18 months X 3,500 = 63,000 (~~). Which also matches with your earlier document in which they said to target around 3500 per month.

It means they went from 22,000 oaths/month to 3,500/month. Normal time 3 months worth of work is done in last 18 months. That is a huge gap.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/windsor-citizenship-applicants.723395/post-9668535
88 people in the ceremony... Damn Ottawa is really laid back. They proudly mentioned that we were 32 applicants in the session :D

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
That does it! If and when I reach this stage (ever), my wife will be wearing an 18th century corset and a victorian dress. Not to mention copious amount of lead based face paint. Must look pretty for the ceremony! or is that a little overdoing it :D
If my oath comes up during Halloween time... Then Captain Marvel, Batman will take oath as Canadian Citizens. And yes of course Peppa Pig as well. :D

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Thanks guys!

@anandg12 => Yes, I applied for Urgent Processing towards the end of the process (after submission of passport pages).
Congratulations Raj,
I didnt receive any request for passport pages at anytime throughout the process, should i expect this on the oath documents preparation email (that is sent two weeks before oath)?
If i may ask, what documents did they requested in the oath email?
Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Congratulations Raj,
I didnt receive any request for passport pages at anytime throughout the process, should i expect this on the oath documents preparation email (that is sent two weeks before oath)?
If i may ask, what documents did they requested in the oath email?
Thank you
Thanks!

If you already have an oath invite or a Decision Made, you won't be requested for Passport pages.

Here's my post talking about the contents of the oath ceremony letter =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/contents-of-the-oath-ceremony-letter-received-via-email-and-discussion.741117/

Reactions: eatpraylove

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi @rajkamalmohanram
Congrats on your citizenship. I have been invited for the oath but still unsure about the two pieces of ID.

Does my valid PR and valid health card count as two pieces of ID or I need a third one? The only thing I have as a third one is a valid foreign passport. Does this count?

As always thank you for your input!

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Hi @rajkamalmohanram
Congrats on your citizenship. I have been invited for the oath but still unsure about the two pieces of ID.

Does my valid PR and valid health card count as two pieces of ID or I need a third one? The only thing I have as a third one is a valid foreign passport. Does this count?

Your PR Card and Passport would suffice. I am not sure if your health card count as ID proof.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram

I suppose a combination of your PR card, health card and your passport would suffice.

Reactions: mhd10

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
I suppose a combination of your PR card, health card and your passport would suffice.

Thanks! I kind of panicked because I read someone's post saying that foreign passport was not acceptable as theirs got rejected. I am not sure why theirs got rejected but thats what i am going to use anyway as I dont have anything else. I will post an update on this post for reference once I complete the oath hopefully without any issues so others in my situation would know what to use.

Thanks again Admin!

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Thanks! I kind of panicked because I read someone's post saying that foreign passport was not acceptable as theirs got rejected. I am not sure why theirs got rejected but thats what i am going to use anyway as I dont have anything else. I will post an update on this post for reference once I complete the oath hopefully without any issues so others in my situation would know what to use.

Thanks again Admin!
Hi, I did my oath this monday and for ID they asked me for my driver's license, PR card and health card.