Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
jagoda83 said:
Ok friends,

My hubby is flying tomorrow morning. 1000 papers and big smile.

Any last minute tips?

Interview is on Thursday at 9 am
i wish you good luck and positiv decision . let us know how it went

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
Dear friends,
I would like to share the interview experience. Interview was at 9, hubby entered the embassy 8:30, passed the security, just the regular security process. He handed the documents he brought and took the number. They called his name and told him to go to booth #2. It is a booth and there is a glass between you and the officer (very good thing so there is no spitting at each other faces LOL). There was a translator and the officer. Hubby says officer was nice and pleasant and he wishes that everyone gets him. The officer says the opening line: “the purpose of this interview is to verify all the facts that are provided in your application”. The first question was “when did you meet your sponsor the first time?”. The officer and translator kept referring to me as a SPONSOR and my hubby kept responding as MY WIFE. It did come naturally but it also makes a point. I am a wife, not his sponsor in real life. So the conversation went on. They never wanted any details just general ideas. They didn’t really look at the evidence of our communication that hubby brought, but he kept pressing for example “you can see that in this pile, or so on..”. At two of the situations hubby felt that the translator is asking more than the officer is. Hubby can understand English but he can’t speak it. Also, the translator asked couple of times “do you mean like this....” and hubby said “no, that is not what I said, I clearly said THIS”. So at the end the officer said that he is very happy with the results of the interview and that he will keep the passport, the visa and COPR will be picked at 3PM. They gave him a card to take with him and check in with it at 3 pm to pick up the documents. They gave him all the documents he brought today and asked if he wanted photos we submitted originally. Hubby said NO as they were not real photos, we printed 6 per page on regular paper. Hubby felt that the interview was recorded as he heard CLICK at the beginning and CLICK at the end,, however nobody mentioned.
Overall, very good experience. In total 9 months since I took the application to the mail on May 5th.
Now is buying ticket time.
All questions you may have-just ask.
On the forum there is a link for interview questions, there are 83 or so, hubby was asked maybe 10 of these.
Good luck all!

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
jagoda83 said:
Dear friends,
I would like to share the interview experience. Interview was at 9, hubby entered the embassy 8:30, passed the security, just the regular security process. He handed the documents he brought and took the number. They called his name and told him to go to booth #2. It is a booth and there is a glass between you and the officer (very good thing so there is no spitting at each other faces LOL). There was a translator and the officer. Hubby says officer was nice and pleasant and he wishes that everyone gets him. The officer says the opening line: “the purpose of this interview is to verify all the facts that are provided in your application”. The first question was “when did you meet your sponsor the first time?”. The officer and translator kept referring to me as a SPONSOR and my hubby kept responding as MY WIFE. It did come naturally but it also makes a point. I am a wife, not his sponsor in real life. So the conversation went on. They never wanted any details just general ideas. They didn't really look at the evidence of our communication that hubby brought, but he kept pressing for example “you can see that in this pile, or so on..”. At two of the situations hubby felt that the translator is asking more than the officer is. Hubby can understand English but he can't speak it. Also, the translator asked couple of times “do you mean like this....” and hubby said “no, that is not what I said, I clearly said THIS”. So at the end the officer said that he is very happy with the results of the interview and that he will keep the passport, the visa and COPR will be picked at 3PM. They gave him a card to take with him and check in with it at 3 pm to pick up the documents. They gave him all the documents he brought today and asked if he wanted photos we submitted originally. Hubby said NO as they were not real photos, we printed 6 per page on regular paper. Hubby felt that the interview was recorded as he heard CLICK at the beginning and CLICK at the end,, however nobody mentioned.
Overall, very good experience. In total 9 months since I took the application to the mail on May 5th.
On the forum there is a link for interview questions, there are 83 or so, hubby was asked maybe 10 of these.
Good luck all!
CONGRATS :D it was about time ... So happy for you !

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-01- 2014 re do 26/02/2015
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
jagoda83 said:
Dear friends,
I would like to share the interview experience. Interview was at 9, hubby entered the embassy 8:30, passed the security, just the regular security process. He handed the documents he brought and took the number. They called his name and told him to go to booth #2. It is a booth and there is a glass between you and the officer (very good thing so there is no spitting at each other faces LOL). There was a translator and the officer. Hubby says officer was nice and pleasant and he wishes that everyone gets him. The officer says the opening line: “the purpose of this interview is to verify all the facts that are provided in your application”. The first question was “when did you meet your sponsor the first time?”. The officer and translator kept referring to me as a SPONSOR and my hubby kept responding as MY WIFE. It did come naturally but it also makes a point. I am a wife, not his sponsor in real life. So the conversation went on. They never wanted any details just general ideas. They didn't really look at the evidence of our communication that hubby brought, but he kept pressing for example “you can see that in this pile, or so on..”. At two of the situations hubby felt that the translator is asking more than the officer is. Hubby can understand English but he can't speak it. Also, the translator asked couple of times “do you mean like this....” and hubby said “no, that is not what I said, I clearly said THIS”. So at the end the officer said that he is very happy with the results of the interview and that he will keep the passport, the visa and COPR will be picked at 3PM. They gave him a card to take with him and check in with it at 3 pm to pick up the documents. They gave him all the documents he brought today and asked if he wanted photos we submitted originally. Hubby said NO as they were not real photos, we printed 6 per page on regular paper. Hubby felt that the interview was recorded as he heard CLICK at the beginning and CLICK at the end,, however nobody mentioned.
Good luck all!
congrats welcome to canada :)

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagoda83 said:
Dear friends,
Good luck all!
So you didn't have to provide your own translator? Might be good idea to bring one anyway. and can you please provide the link to - On the forum there is a link for interview questions, there are 83 or so,

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
zedtoronto said:
So you didn't have to provide your own translator? Might be good idea to bring one anyway. and can you please provide the link to - On the forum there is a link for interview questions, there are 83 or so,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-a-list-of-what-they-ask-in-the-interview-very-important-read-it-t12122.0.html

JManoj

Oct 24, 2014
Hi,
I'm new to this forum! Getting nervous since ECAS changed to in process on Jan 19! My hubby is from Bosnia.
Does anyone know how long before we get a decision made?

Timeline:
App. Filed.......: Jul 11 2014
AOR Received.: Aug 27 2014
ECAS in process: Jan 19 2015
Med's Done....:March 9 2014

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
JManoj said:
Hi,
I'm new to this forum! Getting nervous since ECAS changed to in process on Jan 19! My hubby is from Bosnia.
Does anyone know how long before we get a decision made?

Timeline:
App. Filed.......: Jul 11 2014
AOR Received.: Aug 27 2014
ECAS in process: Jan 19 2015
Med's Done....:March 9 2014
hello there
well vienna office pick up, u can expect soon , no one is the same, around 9 month mark u can expect somthing , they told me after than month i need interview

JManoj

Oct 24, 2014
verna said:
hello there
well vienna office pick up, u can expect soon , no one is the same, around 9 month mark u can expect somthing , they told me after than month i need interview
HI,
Nine month mark? Thought it will be faster. I guess we just have to be patient at this point. We've been married for almost five years,
so I would be surprised if he gets a request for an interview.

ivakat2014

Feb 5, 2015
Hello guys I'm new to the forum ,but I am reading you for longer period now ,it is quiet here lately seems all of the older members got approved. I am from Macedonia ,and my husband is Canadian citizen. Seems Vienna office is working way faster now my app got in process very quick, and I got called to do a medical and to send additional document,since I didn't do upfront.Seems I am the only one ,but we thought it is not obligatory to do the upfront medical,and we got approved with out it. So now the medical is done and sent yesterday.I want to share my timeline with you ,it seems to good to be true lol but I am waiting for the next call soon. Good luck to all of you!!!
Timeline:
App. Filed.......: September 3, 2014.
AOR Received.: SA, October 21, 2014
ECAS in process: November 18, 2014
Doc's and Medical Request.:January,13 2015
Med's Done....:February 9,2015

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
We didn't paid whole amount of the fees just half and we have to pay for permanent residence. Will they send us email to do that or we can do it before. Thanks

ivakat2014

Feb 5, 2015
EmiliD. said:
We didn't paid whole amount of the fees just half and we have to pay for permanent residence. Will they send us email to do that or we can do it before. Thanks
I don't know how do you mean you payed just half ,but never mind if i was you i would pay the Principal applicant fee of $475and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 ASAP,since they process the documents now way faster ,it will save you lot of time .You can pay online,after you make the payment you will get electronic receipt via email,you need to print that one out fill it in by hand sign it and send it .I am not so sure can u make a scanned copy of the receipt and email it to the Vienna office ,cause that will be way faster then using the regular mailing, but I would sure try :)

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
ivakat2014 said:
I don't know how do you mean you payed just half ,but never mind if i was you i would pay the Principal applicant fee of $475and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 ASAP,since they process the documents now way faster ,it will save you lot of time .You can pay online,after you make the payment you will get electronic receipt via email,you need to print that one out fill it in by hand sign it and send it .I am not so sure can u make a scanned copy of the receipt and email it to the Vienna office ,cause that will be way faster then using the regular mailing, but I would sure try :)
The immigration officer who spoke with my husband said that he can pay right away the Principal applicant fee and send receipt with the application and later when file gets to Vienna we can pay the rest of the fees,that means we have to pay 490 $ now.But we weren'tsure do we have to wait that they contact us or we can pay now and just send them the receipt . Thanks a lot for your response

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
EmiliD. said:
The immigration officer who spoke with my husband said that he can pay right away the Principal applicant fee and send receipt with the application and later when file gets to Vienna we can pay the rest of the fees,that means we have to pay 490 $ now.But we weren'tsure do we have to wait that they contact us or we can pay now and just send them the receipt . Thanks a lot for your response
just they wont issue the copr or visa, unless the amount is pay. if you pay sand them copy , if not they will ask for it.

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
verna said:
just they wont issue the copr or visa, unless the amount is pay. if you pay sand them copy , if not they will ask for it.
We have paid yesterday and my husband had sent to Vienna office a scanned receipt via email and now just hope they will contact us soon