16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Hey guys,

We got the rejection letter today (which i heard is pretty darn quick... some wait for MONTHS.) I honestly have no comment... the letter was a made-up fabrication that the officer literally pulled out of his rear end.
To make a long story short, I was pretty much judged solely on my physical appearance.
I'll share the letter with anyone who may need it.

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
b4roness said:
Hey guys,

We got the rejection letter today (which i heard is pretty darn quick... some wait for MONTHS.) I honestly have no comment... the letter was a made-up fabrication that the officer literally pulled out of his rear end.
To make a long story short, I was pretty much judged solely on my physical appearance.
I'll share the letter with anyone who may need it.
What??

Physical appearance? I would like to see the letter please!

So my hybby has moles on his face, and a scar over his forehead (childhood surgery) so he has no chance????

I honestly can't believe this. I had to close my mouth by hands!!!!

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
alekgalorini said:
Hi, my husband rec'd passport request 2 weeks after interview, but also had re-do medical and police clearance. They don't issued copr same day as they make decision that day. And chances are the ask for re-do's and the visa section is only open from 8:30-10:30 Monday through Thursday
Thanks,
Our medical is good till April 2nd. And police I am not sure how long is valid, but we did it in September.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
jagoda83 said:
What??

Physical appearance? I would like to see the letter please!

So my hybby has moles on his face, and a scar over his forehead (childhood surgery) so he has no chance????

I honestly can't believe this. I had to close my mouth by hands!!!!
Nooo he's gonna be fine.
Quite the opposite lol. I look like a mail-order Persian bride who can marry any rich fat guy just for money and citizenship. That's the issue I had pretty much LOL.
I guess this old fart of an officer got turned down a lot by pretty girls while in high school or university... I'll email you the letter.

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Unbelievable .Redicolous ncncnc ..I don't know but I'm worried even more now haha.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Don't worry too much, I think my case was a freak decision made by a terribly bitter little man. God help him if he does this to other people.
But I do want to share all bits and pieces of info regarding it, because people have the right to know what goes down if things don't go well. It's so easy to see the positive outcomes, and then people disappear off the forums because their lives are back on track. No one keeps in touch much. I wanna help people out as much as God allows me to.
Spreading my story around may really help someone out.

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
It is great that people get their lives back on track, but I wish to hear more positive stories... So I made a promise that I will check the forum regularly to help newbies and share as much of information as possible.

My hubby is ready.

I am too.

Waiting for the 5th at 9:00 AM
(it will be 3 am for me - no sleep)

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
jagoda83 said:
It is great that people get their lives back on track, but I wish to hear more positive stories... So I made a promise that I will check the forum regularly to help newbies and share as much of information as possible.

My hubby is ready.

I am too.

Waiting for the 5th at 9:00 AM
(it will be 3 am for me - no sleep)
Wish you a good luck and I hope you 2 would be together soon :D Fingers crossed

Canuckywoman

Jan 30, 2015
Rotterdam, for now
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello/Groetjes!

Newbie here...I'm a Canadian living in Holland with my Dutch husband since 2004 (married since 2006).

We've decided it's time for us to go home to Canada. My parents, although relatively healthy for their age, are in their 80s and we want to be there for them. They've even invited us to live with them while we settle in, so that's a Canadian address and proof that I'm settling there, um, settled!

We've also both been recently made redundant in our jobs and, being in our 50s, have realized that there's little demand for old farts like us in the Dutch job market (even less so for me as my Dutch, despite all efforts, is total crrrrap.)! No kids to worry about, obviously, except my adult son back in Canada, but he's planning to jump the pond in the other direction next year...

And so we've started putting the paperwork together. I also have a Trello account to manage the entire application process! Bound and determined to get everything right the first time...

I've been wading through all these posts and I'm crosseyed to say the least. But the main points I've gleaned is that a) we're going to grow a few more grey hairs while waiting for a decision :p b) expect to have to do the police records check and medical twice and c) I suspect, judging from the waiting times at the Vienna office, there's just one guy working there in a trench coat and moustache, holding up our applications and singing, "THIS MEANS NOTHING TO MEEEEEE!" (sorry, bad Ultravox joke ;D )

I have a couple of questions though, if anyone can help...

1.We submit to Mississauga, I know, but do we pay online via our Dutch credit card or do we transfer the money to the Vienna office? The instructions are a tad murky..

2. Has anybody else gotten a medical done by that only authorized doctor-dude in the Netherlands? How backed up is he and what should Dutchie expect?

3. They want my last Option C printout from the "latest" tax return. I'm assuming THEIR latest (ie 2013) rather than MY latest? Because I haven't filled one out since 2005, having no assets or income in Canada. Therefore, should I instead submit a paper explaining why I am not including it?

4. Anything else we should be aware of? Any other Dutchies going through Vienna?

Thanks for all your help and "sterkte" to all of you! ;)

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
b4roness said:
Don't worry too much, I think my case was a freak decision made by a terribly bitter little man. God help him if he does this to other people.
But I do want to share all bits and pieces of info regarding it, because people have the right to know what goes down if things don't go well. It's so easy to see the positive outcomes, and then people disappear off the forums because their lives are back on track. No one keeps in touch much. I wanna help people out as much as God allows me to.

Oh thank you for your kind words, you know what? This is very stressfull I think these officers that open the cases should put their hand close to their heart and make right decisions, because its not fair how true genuine relationships are suffering bcs of fraud and the officers should put their selves in our shoes and then decide ..
Good luck and hopefully God will be following us along this journey.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Canuckywoman said:
Hello/Groetjes!

Newbie here...I'm a Canadian living in Holland with my Dutch husband since 2004 (married since 2006).

We've decided it's time for us to go home to Canada. My parents, although relatively healthy for their age, are in their 80s and we want to be there for them. They've even invited us to live with them while we settle in, so that's a Canadian address and proof that I'm settling there, um, settled!

We've also both been recently made redundant in our jobs and, being in our 50s, have realized that there's little demand for old farts like us in the Dutch job market (even less so for me as my Dutch, despite all efforts, is total crrrrap.)! No kids to worry about, obviously, except my adult son back in Canada, but he's planning to jump the pond in the other direction next year...

And so we've started putting the paperwork together. I also have a Trello account to manage the entire application process! Bound and determined to get everything right the first time...

I've been wading through all these posts and I'm crosseyed to say the least. But the main points I've gleaned is that a) we're going to grow a few more grey hairs while waiting for a decision :p b) expect to have to do the police records check and medical twice and c) I suspect, judging from the waiting times at the Vienna office, there's just one guy working there in a trench coat and moustache, holding up our applications and singing, "THIS MEANS NOTHING TO MEEEEEE!" (sorry, bad Ultravox joke ;D )

I have a couple of questions though, if anyone can help...

1.We submit to Mississauga, I know, but do we pay online via our Dutch credit card or do we transfer the money to the Vienna office? The instructions are a tad murky..

2. Has anybody else gotten a medical done by that only authorized doctor-dude in the Netherlands? How backed up is he and what should Dutchie expect?

3. They want my last Option C printout from the "latest" tax return. I'm assuming THEIR latest (ie 2013) rather than MY latest? Because I haven't filled one out since 2005, having no assets or income in Canada. Therefore, should I instead submit a paper explaining why I am not including it?

4. Anything else we should be aware of? Any other Dutchies going through Vienna?

Thanks for all your help and "sterkte" to all of you! ;)
I can help with some of these as I'm currently living in the Netherlands with my common-law partner (although neither of us are from the Netherlands). The doctor in Amsterdam was pretty quick for appointments. I think my partner rang on a Monday and had an appointment on Thursday the same week. This was in mid November, and apparently immigration medicals are seen pretty quickly. Just make sure you tell them its for a spouse visa upfront medical.

The appointment itself was a complete joke considering you pay 125 euros or something. Lasted no more than 4 minutes, doctor asked his height, weight, asked if he had any trouble medically. I think he took his blood pressure and probably listened to his heart. And that was it. Most of the time was spent with the receptionist filling out the forms. Then you have to go to a clinic down near Vondelpark for blood work and a chest x-ray, which took a bit longer because there were heaps of other people waiting for other things. Maybe there for 45 minutes in total and it was another 125 euros or similar.

I submitted my most recent option C which was from 2005, but explained why I don't have a more recent one. Have yet to find out if there's any issues with this as I just submitted our application 2 weeks ago. The option C took about 1 week, but I had it posted to my parents in Canada.

The certificate of conduct was pretty quick to get as well, I think it took 10 days from when I applied at our local gementehuis.

Hope this helps.

Canuckywoman

Jan 30, 2015
Rotterdam, for now
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MacnCheese said:
I can help with some of these as I'm currently living in the Netherlands with my common-law partner (although neither of us are from the Netherlands). The doctor in Amsterdam was pretty quick for appointments. I think my partner rang on a Monday and had an appointment on Thursday the same week. This was in mid November, and apparently immigration medicals are seen pretty quickly. Just make sure you tell them its for a spouse visa upfront medical.

The appointment itself was a complete joke considering you pay 125 euros or something. Lasted no more than 4 minutes, doctor asked his height, weight, asked if he had any trouble medically. I think he took his blood pressure and probably listened to his heart. And that was it. Most of the time was spent with the receptionist filling out the forms. Then you have to go to a clinic down near Vondelpark for blood work and a chest x-ray, which took a bit longer because there were heaps of other people waiting for other things. Maybe there for 45 minutes in total and it was another 125 euros or similar.

I submitted my most recent option C which was from 2005, but explained why I don't have a more recent one. Have yet to find out if there's any issues with this as I just submitted our application 2 weeks ago. The option C took about 1 week, but I had it posted to my parents in Canada.

The certificate of conduct was pretty quick to get as well, I think it took 10 days from when I applied at our local gementehuis.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, that does!

I think I'll just submit a paper for the Option C...otherwise I may wait forever as mail from Thunder Bay takes for bleeping ever to get here.

Thanks for the head's up about the doctor. A real money grab, but meh. At least we have a clue what to expect... :)

How did you pay? Online?

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Canuckywoman said:
Thanks, that does!

I think I'll just submit a paper for the Option C...otherwise I may wait forever as mail from Thunder Bay takes for bleeping ever to get here.

Thanks for the head's up about the doctor. A real money grab, but meh. At least we have a clue what to expect... :)

How did you pay? Online?
haha yes a total money grab indeed, but no other option. I paid online with my visa for the application fees. good luck with your application!

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Canuckywoman said:
Thanks, that does!

How did you pay? Online?
Oh yeah, and for the medical, you also have to give a urine sample at the doctor's office. Weirdly, it was into a non-sterile styrofoam cup.

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
Ok friends,

My hubby is flying tomorrow morning. 1000 papers and big smile.

Any last minute tips?

Interview is on Thursday at 9 am