Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagoda83 said:
Thank you for the article I read it and I thinit is on the bottom of some Vjusak it is nice. Have you tried calling Chris Alexander? People say they have contacted him. For Vienna, draft a letter asking how far is your application, how much longer you have to wait, is anything missing and is there anything that you can do to speed up the process.

Hopefully someone will fill in more ....
Thanks everyone for tips and ideas. Yes our local MP Andrew Cash, calls every 4 months to CIC Montreal all they tell him is they are working on the file, which is baloney as per the case notes I saw in August. Our feeling is our file is on the bottom of some Visa Officers work to do. Andew Cash hasn't told us anything we don't know already.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
dominokitty said:
We could also hypothetically apply through Paris since he has dual citizenship in France and Austria, I think - but he would have to move back to France then which would only prolong our process. I see you have landed in Calgary! I am from Medicine Hat, not too far from you at all. I am picking my husband up and flying out to Austria through the YYC airport all the time! If you don't mind me asking, what's your story? :) I wonder mainly because I'm not sure if couples who already live together are faster than couples who can't because of this silly visa process. I'm trying to ballpark how long we can realistically expect to wait. Everyone tells me we will be faster than the ~2 years because we have no red flags that I can think of (aside from not living together, which is simply a product of our different nationalities and nothing else. We'd do it in a heartbeat if we could.).

I have also heard of some people being transferred to the Ottawa office instead of Vienna for whatever reason, does anyone know why that might be? It seems to be much faster.
Sorry, I was on holiday for 3.5 weeks ;-)
We lived together during the whole process. I was approved for 2 work permits in a row and then stayed as a visitor. We applied as common-law exactly 12 months after living together.

We met when I did couchsurfing at his place and we became a couple 12 days later. So I basically moved in the same day I met him lol

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
HI GUYS!

MY INTERVIEW IS TODAY AT 3pm!
I have a stack of evidence to plop onto their desks, lol. Gonna spend some time in Starbucks beforehand so I can catch some wifi last minute.
Silly question: what's a good time to show up? 1.5-2h before the interview? Is an hour enough? Nothing is stated in the email they sent me.

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-01- 2014 re do 26/02/2015
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
first of all good luck. it preffer to be one houre before interview

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
b4roness said:
HI GUYS!

MY INTERVIEW IS TODAY AT 3pm!
I have a stack of evidence to plop onto their desks, lol. Gonna spend some time in Starbucks beforehand so I can catch some wifi last minute.
Silly question: what's a good time to show up? 1.5-2h before the interview? Is an hour enough? Nothing is stated in the email they sent me.
GOOD LUCK :D Fingers crossed !

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Well guys,
I'm sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but we failed.
The officer didn't even bother to look at any of the evidence. Didn't even open the new evidence. It was sitting on his right hand side in that little booth the entire time. Untouched.
Why did he fail us? He blatantly stated that my husband doesn't care enough about me/love me enough, because he didn't RISK coming to visit me without his P.R. card......
then stated that my husband's bosses SURELY won't mind if he was stuck in Europe for a few extra weeks, or however long it would take for Vienna to process a Travel Document for my husband....
are...you...effin...kidding...me......
Funny, how it's CIC's fault that they misinformed him, twice, about that Travel Document, stating that he might get stuck outside Canada, but the visa officer today stated how it's clear as day on the CIC website that people can indeed travel without their PR.
I'm shocked, disgusted, confused, angry, you name it.
We're not gonna take the easy way out and reapply. No. We're taking the VO to court. They can eff off.
Also, the VO checked my hubbys PR application today, and guess what? IT'S STILL MISSING.
I am so tired of being pushed around by bureaucratic jerks.
(fyi, the VO was trying to twist my answer around at one point, which pissed me off. I kindly told him that he misinterpreted what I said and logic/law CANNOT do such a thing, but he was persistent with his misinterpretation. Like a damn broken record.)

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
b4roness said:
Well guys,
The officer didn't even bother to look at any of the evidence. Didn't even open the new evidence. It was sitting on his right hand side in that little booth the entire time. Untouched.
Why did he fail us? He blatantly stated that my husband doesn't care enough about me/love me enough, because he didn't RISK coming to visit me without his P.R. card......
then stated that my husband's bosses SURELY won't mind if he was stuck in Europe for a few extra weeks, or however long it would take for Vienna to process a Travel Document for my husband....
Funny, how it's CIC's fault that they misinformed him, twice, about that Travel Document, stating that he might get stuck outside Canada, but the visa officer today stated how it's clear as day on the CIC website that people can indeed travel without their PR.
We're not gonna take the easy way out and reapply. No. We're taking the VO to court. They can eff off.
Also, the VO checked my hubbys PR application today, and guess what? IT'S STILL MISSING.
(fyi, the VO was trying to twist my answer around at one point, which pissed me off. I kindly told him that he misinterpreted what I said and logic/law CANNOT do such a thing, but he was persistent with his misinterpretation. Like a damn broken record.)
God, I am SO sorry to hear that. It sounds like you got a real jerk of an officer. I have no experience with this, but putting myself in your shoes, I would contact a lawyer ASAP, and maybe even Chris Alexander (Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Minister). Hell, even media if needed.

Do you have any proof that CIC informed your husband he might be stuck in Europe? E-mail? Do you know was your interview recorded?

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
spaceexp said:
God, I am SO sorry to hear that. It sounds like you got a real jerk of an officer. I have no experience with this, but putting myself in your shoes, I would contact a lawyer ASAP, and maybe even Chris Alexander (Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Minister). Hell, even media if needed.

Do you have any proof that CIC informed your husband he might be stuck in Europe? E-mail? Do you know was your interview recorded?
Oh we are gonna bring this to EVERYONE POSSIBLE. This was beyond ridiculous, and so hypocritical. How does an officer NOT read through my case first? How does he ask for SO MUCH evidence and then not look at it? Oh, and by the way, I made a nice Table of Contents for them, to scroll through the evidence easier, and guess what was in there? HUUUGE PROOF as to why my hubby couldn't visit. LEGIT proof. But that means that the officer would have to pass me then.
I sure hope it was recorded!!! I dunno though. I know he typed out HIS personal version of it. But lucky for me, I have an excellent detailed memory, and have typed out 2 pages of my own, bit by bit, of all events today. He's gonna roast in Appeals court. Gotta see about hiring a good lawyer now. Not sure if I'm gonna use the ones who helped me file the case (because that's all they did, that's all I needed them for.)

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
b4roness said:
Oh we are gonna bring this to EVERYONE POSSIBLE. This was beyond ridiculous, and so hypocritical. How does an officer NOT read through my case first? How does he ask for SO MUCH evidence and then not look at it? Oh, and by the way, I made a nice Table of Contents for them, to scroll through the evidence easier, and guess what was in there? HUUUGE PROOF as to why my hubby couldn't visit. LEGIT proof. But that means that the officer would have to pass me then.
I sure hope it was recorded!!! I dunno though. I know he typed out HIS personal version of it. But lucky for me, I have an excellent detailed memory, and have typed out 2 pages of my own, bit by bit, of all events today. He's gonna roast in Appeals court. Gotta see about hiring a good lawyer now. Not sure if I'm gonna use the ones who helped me file the case (because that's all they did, that's all I needed them for.)
I've heard lawyers can't really help much with actual filing the case, but now you really need a good one. Readying through the forum I stumbled upon this website: http://www.canlii.org/en/index.html (I know it looks weird, but it's a legitimate link with no viruses :D ) Apparently, you can search for immigration appeal cases there. Maybe you find some tips and tricks. Hope it helps. I can't do much more than to be stunned, angry, surprised, annoyed together with you :mad:

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
b4roness said:
I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I was sure that you will pass. I do not expect my hubby to pass either as I did not visit in a year. I simply could not do it financially. And if he fails, then God knows how much more is it going to cost us to be together. And how much longer to wait. I am so sorry for you. Please take some time to re-think the next step. Keep us posted.

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-01- 2014 re do 26/02/2015
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
b4roness said:
Well guys,

I AM SPEACHLESS. tell your husband to take them to the court you are goan win it its gona take time

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
He is indeed gonna do that. He's so mad, then again who wouldn't be, when someone tells them they don't love their spouse enough? That's rude, and mean.
But, on the upside, he called CIC, told them to get off their asses, that they contributed to this negative decision and to find his PR app ASAP, because he's coming to visit this March. The lady said she will do everything she can to get the PR card done in as little time possible.

madmedic_1

Sep 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Doc's Request.
15-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Hey guys just want to give a quick update on our ECAS. Checked today without any expectations and low and behold we have Decision Made! Vienna must have really stepped it up a notch. Almost complete....can't wait!! :D Hope everyone else receives some good news soon also.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
madmedic_1 said:
Hey guys just want to give a quick update on our ECAS. Checked today without any expectations and low and behold we have Decision Made! Vienna must have really stepped it up a notch. Almost complete....can't wait!! :D Hope everyone else receives some good news soon also.
Congrats!!!
On the day of my interview, a DHL guy showed up to pick up a whole bunch of passports (one lady's name was mentioned out loud, Dragana K.?) and they sent out a bunch of mail that day too. Hope a bunch of you receive your Visas/COPRs this week! =D